Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
18721 - 18740 of 18789 Posts

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,389 Posts
'THEY' put a 'waterproof' dressing around my leg when my knee and fractured leg was done, something like CLING WRAP only thicker, a thin plastic like stuff but stuck to the skin... it worked for me in the shower?

I had some external screws and bars to hold it in place for while due to the fracture! If you don't think that was FUN !!!!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
'THEY' put a 'waterproof' dressing around my leg when my knee and fractured leg was done, something like CLING WRAP only thicker, a thin plastic like stuff but stuck to the skin... it worked for me in the shower?

I had some external screws and bars to hold it in place for while due to the fracture! If you don't think that was FUN !!!!
I've been using Press and Seal on the staples on the hip, and it works fine, because I'm not doing much but standing. I found out that if I have to sit or move the leg around, then it doesn't hold as well. But I got the waterproof dressing figured out, put it on last night, and it's sealed well. The nurse should have a fun time removing it tomorrow when the PICC dressing gets changed.
I've survived 3 days, and other than feeling tired at the end of the day, doing OK. Pain in the hip isn't getting worse when I'm up and about, so I guess that's good. And I'm not hanging IV bags anymore, now it's just a 20cc syringe that gets pushed in over about 5 minutes. Much more convenient.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,389 Posts
I've been using Press and Seal on the staples on the hip, and it works fine, because I'm not doing much but standing. I found out that if I have to sit or move the leg around, then it doesn't hold as well. But I got the waterproof dressing figured out, put it on last night, and it's sealed well. The nurse should have a fun time removing it tomorrow when the PICC dressing gets changed.
I've survived 3 days, and other than feeling tired at the end of the day, doing OK. Pain in the hip isn't getting worse when I'm up and about, so I guess that's good. And I'm not hanging IV bags anymore, now it's just a 20cc syringe that gets pushed in over about 5 minutes. Much more convenient.
Good news.
Are you doing any structured PT at all ?

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
2010 Grabber Blue/White
3,336 Posts
Good recommendation Suzi, went DT Fleming beach today, got some sun, ate lunch. It’s right next to Kapalua Golf course we played back in January, number 15 green is in background of some of pics on the point.
View attachment 242881 View attachment 242882 View attachment 242883 View attachment 242884 View attachment 242885
Glad you had a good time. It’s just a nice, rather quiet beach. My husband has played that course many times too. Where are y’all staying?

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
Good news.
Are you doing any structured PT at all ?
Not yet. I see the surgeon Tues to get the 38 staples removed, and we'll talk about it then. I'm guessing the 2nd surgery pushed a lot of things back, cuz he bumped me back to the walker for 6 weeks, and I was on a cane after about 10 days after the first surgery. I'm hoping to negotiate the walker use a bit.
I was supposed to start PT here at the office the week of the 2nd surgery. Didn't even have any home PT after I got discharged from the hospital. Only a nurse that week to teach me how to use the PICC, and then to D/C me last Friday since I'm back to work this week.
Still seems weird that it was just 2 weeks ago yesterday that I was getting sliced open again, and already back to work. Either I'm superhuman, or just plain crazy.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
5,085 Posts
This should fix any leaks.....so says the commercial! ;)

Font Rectangle Publication Poster Advertising

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,718 Posts
@LivinEZ stopped by to use my drill press to drill a GT350R bumper for a fellow lady friend that tracks her car. She needed a tow hook and the 350 doesn’t come with one.

Market Tool City Engineering Machine
Shorts Smile Wood Engineering Electrical wiring

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,644 Posts
Glad you had a good time. It’s just a nice, rather quiet beach. My husband has played that course many times too. Where are y’all staying?
Were at Lahaina Shores this trip, not sitting at airport and can’t get out, flight delayed 2.5 hours so far, switched gates, had to rebook our trip from LAX to Memphis via Minneapolis for Friday morning. Guess could just stay, don’t ever go back.

·
Premium Member
2022 Shelby GT500 CFTP Carbonized Gray
593 Posts
I got the car aligned today, man it was way out of spec front and rear, I am surprised it did not eat the tires in the 500 miles I have driven it.

I also got my oil funnel and filter guide thanks @PilotGore
Hey Ryan. Just curious what prompted you to get the alignment checked? Was it pulling or something else?

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,163 Posts
Headed to my Aunt’s 100th birthday celebration in Winston-Salem, NC. Made it to Beckley, WV today. Stopped to checkout the New River Gorge bridge.
Plant community Sky Ecoregion Plant Natural landscape
Cloud Sky Building Plant Girder bridge
Ecoregion Natural landscape Mountain Tree Plant
Smile Glasses Hairstyle Plant Sky
Water Sky Cloud Tree Fluvial landforms of streams

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,945 Posts
@LivinEZ stopped by to use my drill press to drill a GT350R bumper for a fellow lady friend that tracks her car. She needed a tow hook and the 350 doesn’t come with one.
I never understood how Ford made a "track capable" car and then failed to give it any provision for a tow hook.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
It's Friday and I'm still going. I'm really hoping to get my energy back to normal after I stop mainlining chemicals every 8 hours, cuz that's really the only issue I'm still fighting.

·
Registered
2021 GT500
135 Posts
Hey Ryan. Just curious what prompted you to get the alignment checked? Was it pulling or something else?
I bought the car used; the rear tires had un even wear, steering was off centered and pulled a little to the right.

Add that with all of the corded front tire posts I have seen I figured it was an easy thing to check that could save me headaches in the future.

·
Premium Member
4,374 Posts
Finally made it to Atlanta, fixing to on another plane back home to Memphis International, started this adventure Thursday morning, not sure what day it is, pretty sure it’s Friday, saw Tim’s front end Friday thread.
Looks like you had a memorable vacation. Good for you. I love Maui. Been a couple of years for me. We stayed in Lahaina at the Westin. Nice place.

18721 - 18740 of 18789 Posts