·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,163 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
Came back to work. 2 days in a row, I think the world is confused. Still having issues showering with the PICC, mostly just something to cover it and keep it dry, but Amazon is delivering some stuff today that should solve that problem. Between that, the morning IV bag, and other misc stuff, my morning routine is a mess.
Laika thinks he should be going with me in the morning (which is his normal routine on Mon/Tues/Fri), and with luck he'll be doing that next week, but that makes things more challenging getting him back in the house so I can leave. And then I have to remove a couple pounds of fur from my legs cuz he's going past me to get out the door.
Still not sleeping great because I'm on my back, but I'm getting some. I'll be happier when I can start sleeping on my side again.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
42,718 Posts

·
Premium Member
2013 GT500 SOLD, 2022 GT500 on Order
46 Posts
Came back to work. 2 days in a row, I think the world is confused. Still having issues showering with the PICC, mostly just something to cover it and keep it dry, but Amazon is delivering some stuff today that should solve that problem. Between that, the morning IV bag, and other misc stuff, my morning routine is a mess.
Laika thinks he should be going with me in the morning (which is his normal routine on Mon/Tues/Fri), and with luck he'll be doing that next week, but that makes things more challenging getting him back in the house so I can leave. And then I have to remove a couple pounds of fur from my legs cuz he's going past me to get out the door.
Still not sleeping great because I'm on my back, but I'm getting some. I'll be happier when I can start sleeping on my side again.

Saran wrap and good white medical taping helps..... cant believe nothing really worked better in my case. Even with that, I had to be redressed every 2-3 days. The ability of an aqua guard with the metaport was a godsend.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,718 Posts
Flew while most slept from Ontario California to Indianapolis… slept for a few hours and now catching a ride home to go to a concert tonight. Going to see Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless (the real reason I’m going)… oh, and also managed to get out my latest track day video, which featured my engine oil getting too hot (car pulling power).

World Map Ecoregion Black Line

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 HE
339 Posts
Flew while most slept from Ontario California to Indianapolis… slept for a few hours and now catching a ride home to go to a concert tonight. Going to see Halestorm and The Pretty Reckless (the real reason I’m going)… oh, and also managed to get out my latest track day video, which featured my engine oil getting too hot (car pulling power).

View attachment 242752
Did you check to see if a member of your pitcrew did this!
Vehicle Automotive tire Helmet Race track Racing

·
Registered
2022 Base Heritage Edition, Tech and Handling Packages
241 Posts

View attachment 242752
That should be a great show. I enjoy live music but usually avoid because not a fan of crowds. That being said, Halestorm is one of the few I’ve been to see in the last decade, Lizzy puts on a hell of a show. Pretty Reckless has some great stuff too.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,718 Posts
That should be a great show. I enjoy live music but usually avoid because not a fan of crowds. That being said, Halestorm is one of the few I’ve been to see in the last decade, Lizzy puts on a hell of a show. Pretty Reckless has some great stuff too.
It was absolutely fantastic! There were 4 lady fronted bands. We missed the first act while eating dinner. The 2nd one was The Warning, which is 3 sisters from Mexico. I had not heard of them previously, but need to look into them. They were very good and their drummer was amazing! Next up was The Pretty Reckless… the reason we went! Taylor can SING! I put her up there as one of the best rock singers of all time! Her lead guitar play rocks as well! They put on a helluva show! Last up was Halestorm. I was amazed Lizzy could scream like that for the duration of their set. She is simply amazing. Even more amazing was her brother on the drums… holy shitballs that guy puts on a drumming SHOW! :eek:

Green Concert Light Blue Purple

Sky Purple Concert Musician Lighting

Microphone Dress Musician Human body Purple

Clothing Smile Shirt Purple Hat

Entertainment T-shirt Fan Performing arts Leisure

Purple Light Concert Blue World
Musician Membranophone Drum Light Music

Light Musician Concert Entertainment Lighting

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,389 Posts
It was absolutely fantastic! There were 4 lady fronted bands. We missed the first act while eating dinner. The 2nd one was The Warning, which is 3 sisters from Mexico. I had not heard of them previously, but need to look into them. They were very good and their drummer was amazing! Next up was The Pretty Reckless… the reason we went! Taylor can SING! I put her up there as one of the best rock singers of all time! Her lead guitar play rocks as well! They put on a helluva show! Last up was Halestorm. I was amazed Lizzy could scream like that for the duration of their set. She is simply amazing. Even more amazing was her brother on the drums… holy shitballs that guy puts on a drumming SHOW!

:eek:

what the hell is hanging out of her!?!
Sky Concert Purple Musician Lighting

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
42,718 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
Saran wrap and good white medical taping helps..... cant believe nothing really worked better in my case. Even with that, I had to be redressed every 2-3 days. The ability of an aqua guard with the metaport was a godsend.
Saran wrap hasn't done the trick, and the Press and Seal works for the leg, but the arm is moving too much, and that causes it to lose seal. The waterproof dressing worked good this morning, I just need to tweak a couple things with it. It's mostly a problem because it's on the inner upper arm, instead of the chest where the mediport usually goes.
I'm mostly surprised the medical industry hasn't come up with a solution for it, since it's got to be a pretty common problem.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
Concerts. I remember those. Missed Brit Floyd last week thanks to the 2nd surgery. Fortunately the next one isn't til Oct for Iron Maiden. And Epica a couple weeks later. Should be good to go for those. Or I'm gonna be really bent.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 08 Metallic Vista Blue Vert
7,389 Posts
…..I'm mostly surprised the medical industry hasn't come up with a solution for it, since it's got to be a pretty common problem.
You're a relatively intelligent fellow, w/an "advanced" degree within the subject...
Come up with one, patented it, get rich, retire and follow rock groups all over the world!!!!

Problem.....Solution !

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,132 Posts
You're a relatively intelligent fellow, w/an "advanced" degree within the subject...
Come up with one, patented it, get rich, retire and follow rock groups all over the world!!!!

Problem.....Solution !
I have no technical or mechanical engineering knowledge, so that idea is out.
Besides there are plenty of waterproof dressings out in the world, so there's no need to kinda reinvent the wheel. But with all the PICC related products, you'd think a nice waterproof cover would be included.
But I do like the endgame, following rock groups around would be fun. But I'd need to win one of those billion dollar lotteries to be able to afford it.

18701 - 18720 of 18789 Posts