Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
16401 - 16420 of 16574 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,210 Posts
Dropped my oldest son’s 2011 5.0 off finally for hail repair. It’s getting a new roof, hood and windshield as well as a bunch of PDR and paint work. He has been driving it around like this since Oct.

View attachment 228054 View attachment 228055 View attachment 228056 View attachment 228057 View attachment 228058 View attachment 228059
Wow! That must have been some good-sized hail! I had similar damage to one of my cars some years back. Multiple strikes! I knew a "Dent Wizard" friend who came out to repair them. It was labor intensive, but my insurance paid for the repairs. Once finished, I could not tell it had ever been damaged! Beautiful work, and amazing how they can totally remove the dents! Obviously, Nate did not inherit your OCD tendencies! You'd have been driven to have the dents repaired within days! Me too!

Tim, I posted my initial response and then it seemed to disappear from the thread, so I reposted a second response, assuming the original was gone. Then when I sent it, it posted both responses! WTF? I can't find a way to erase the initial post and leave the second one! Grrrrrr!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Complained to FedEx about a missing package. Supposedly delivered to my front door yesterday morning, but looking on my porch, sidewalk, driveway, and mailbox had nothing. WTF is with delivery people nowadays.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
Tim, I posted my initial response and then it seemed to disappear from the thread, so I reposted a second response, assuming the original was gone. Then when I sent it, it posted both responses! WTF? I can't find a way to erase the initial post and leave the second one! Grrrrrr!
Fixed your dual-quote/dual-reply Mike. I have to fix it the same way you would… by clicking the 3 dots in the upper-right of your post then selecting “EDIT.”
Complained to FedEx about a missing package. Supposedly delivered to my front door yesterday morning, but looking on my porch, sidewalk, driveway, and mailbox had nothing. WTF is with delivery people nowadays.
It happens. I’ve had my packages delivered to my neighbors. It’s total chaos in the package delivery business right now. Too much shit getting shipped with not enough people willing to work.

Reactions: JSHACK

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
It happens. I’ve had my packages delivered to my neighbors. It’s total chaos in the package delivery business right now. Too much shit getting shipped with not enough people willing to work.
That's just laziness and incompetence. Not too hard to verify the address. Especially when it's on the mailbox and house. If they're relying on GPS, then that's just stupid. The work ethic of this generation has gone to hell.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
That's just laziness and incompetence. Not too hard to verify the address. Especially when it's on the mailbox and house. If they're relying on GPS, then that's just stupid. The work ethic of this generation has gone to hell.
Not arguing, just providing a counter point…

The packages are overwhelming and non-stop! The employees that do go to work are running at 110%. I’m burned out and so are most others.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Not arguing, just providing a counter point…

The packages are overwhelming and non-stop! The employees that do go to work are running at 110%. I’m burned out and so are most others.
Oh, this isn't the first package to be lost in the last 12 months. Had a shipment of supplements apparently delivered next door. No idea what the neighbors or real estate agent did with it (house was in the process of being sold at the time), but it never made it to my house.
Explains why the people have started accepting a poorly run government tho, nobody expects things to be done right. Being OK that it happens is part of the problem.
Somehow I think if you're supposed to fly to Chicago and you go to Cleveland by mistake that that may be less acceptable.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,210 Posts
Fixed your dual-quote/dual-reply Mike. I have to fix it the same way you would… by clicking the 3 dots in the upper-right of your post then selecting “EDIT.”

Thanks, Tim. I did exactly that. Went to the upper R. corner clicked on edit and backspaced the first message away. Then went back and it was still there! What's the procedure to delete a message? I'm obviously missing some step.

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Thanks, Tim. I did exactly that. Went to the upper R. corner clicked on edit and backspaced the first message away. Then went back and it was still there! What's the procedure to delete a message? I'm obviously missing some step.
You did it right…just call @Goose17
Lol

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Spent all day working with my buddy @LivinEZ on his 2020 base model GT500. He got some carbon fiber wheels. “Just swap the wheel studs” they say… EIGHT+ hours later and a crap ton of battle damage on the hands/body, we won the war! 😴 Video to follow eventually.

@03reptile, don’t forget to click “save” after editing.

Cloud Car Tire Wheel Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Car Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 GT-500 CFTP
88 Posts
Oh, this isn't the first package to be lost in the last 12 months. Had a shipment of supplements apparently delivered next door. No idea what the neighbors or real estate agent did with it (house was in the process of being sold at the time), but it never made it to my house.
Explains why the people have started accepting a poorly run government tho, nobody expects things to be done right. Being OK that it happens is part of the problem.
Somehow I think if you're supposed to fly to Chicago and you go to Cleveland by mistake that that may be less acceptable.
Raising our standards by lowering the bar!

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
1,263 Posts
Gave a friend of mine congrats after UGA upset Alabama last night. College football doesn't do anything for me, but he's a cool dude, and massively hungover after the celebrations.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Washed the CFTP from getting it dirty on our Jan 1 Shelby cruise. The 2011 needs a wash as well. Also received a Christmas present today and gave it a go filling all of the Cobra tires. It works like a champ!
Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Sky

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2008 GT500
40 Posts
Washed the CFTP from getting it dirty on our Jan 1 Shelby cruise. The 2011 needs a wash as well. Also received a Christmas present today and gave it a go filling all of the Cobra tires. It works like a champ!

View attachment 228119
I have one of these but a Craftsman brand, I got mine as a gift too! I keep it in the trunk of my Shelby. The dewalt one looks like it has more features and I like how the battery attaches on your dewalt vs the craftsman I have which mounts on the side instead of the bottom.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Just finished washing the 2011. It hasn’t seen a bucket and hose in years! Now both Shelbys are as clean as the Cobras.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP Blue
56 Posts
I don't feel so bad now haven't wash the Shelby since the Jan 1 cruise, but I did have the oil changed and track alignment done today.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
I don't feel so bad now haven't wash the Shelby since the Jan 1 cruise, but I did have the oil changed and track alignment done today.
I haven’t been home. I left early the next morning.

So TX Track Works was able to get your pins out and successfully give you a track alignment today?

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP Blue
56 Posts
Yes Sir, they used your video and figured it out , little on the costly side. Hey see if you can go next Tuesday 12 noon for a track alignment. think i am going to cancel
the alignment on the 350R, i do not have camber plates for the car.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Yes Sir, they used your video and figured it out , little on the costly side. Hey see if you can go next Tuesday 12 noon for a track alignment. think i am going to cancel
the alignment on the 350R, i do not have camber plates for the car.
Glad my video helped Kevin. I got your alignment slot… much appreciated! They didn’t have any openings prior to my next COTA event!

16401 - 16420 of 16574 Posts