Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
16381 - 16400 of 16574 Posts

·
Registered
'13 GT500
368 Posts
Are you sending Diane these pictures? I'm certain she is thrilled for you and Jeff! If you go to the Grand Canyon today, I'd be interested in Jeff's initial reaction when he first views it! I awoke to another 6" of fresh snow this morning! Our annual trip to Florida can't come soon enough!
Mike! I went back to find this post this morning to make sure and respond to it! To be honest, the view is SO overwhelming it's hard to explain what my reaction was. If I had to narrow it down, I'd have to say it was a combination of terrified (it's a long ass way down) and inspired. I'm not a travel junkie, but I've been to various parts of the world. I've never seen anything even remotely close to the scale of the Grand Canyon. The view is immense. It was definitely worth the 2.5 hour detour to see.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
38,373 Posts
We drove right by a train derailment & fire yesterday just west of Wichita Falls TX. The road opened back up just before we got there... it would have been a 45 minute detour had we been passing through there a bit earlier.

Sky Mode of transport Road surface Asphalt Plant
Sky Ecoregion Land lot Gas Plain

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,210 Posts
Mike! I went back to find this post this morning to make sure and respond to it! To be honest, the view is SO overwhelming it's hard to explain what my reaction was. If I had to narrow it down, I'd have to say it was a combination of terrified (it's a long ass way down) and inspired. I'm not a travel junkie, but I've been to various parts of the world. I've never seen anything even remotely close to the scale of the Grand Canyon. The view is immense. It was definitely worth the 2.5 hour detour to see.
Thanks for responding to that question about the Grand Canyon! I saw it about 20 years ago and was interested in your initial description. I remember that it literally made me catch my breath when I saw it. Like you, it was the most breath-taking visionary sight I've ever seen. It was almost too overwhelming for my senses! I've never seen anything to compare, since then. Maybe just a smidgen of Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Bavaria. So glad you had an opportunity to see it! It should be on everybody's bucket list!

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Thanks for responding to that question about the Grand Canyon! I saw it about 20 years ago and was interested in your initial description. I remember that it literally made me catch my breath when I saw it. Like you, it was the most breath-taking visionary sight I've ever seen. It was almost too overwhelming for my senses! I've never seen anything to compare, since then. Maybe just a smidgen of Yosemite, Yellowstone, and Bavaria. So glad you had an opportunity to see it! It should be on everybody's bucket list!
I’ve been to it Twice…
Actually saw it ONCE.

First time took a tour from Vegas with my bride.
Weather moved in and by the time we got to the canyon, it was snowing and could only see about 6 inches from the rim….lol

Better luck on the next trip a few years later.
Got to do a flying tour this time.
Truly breathtaking 😱😱😱

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,247 Posts
Bob, went whale watching yesterday, have some videos that I’ll try to condense and post, got close, one went right under the boat. It’s early morning and we have to pack up for flight home this evening.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,499 Posts
This weekend my brothers and I started the arduous task of cleaning out my mom’s condo and getting it ready to sell. Believe it or not, this is the fourth time I’ve had to do this in the last ten years. First my wife’s uncle(2012) then her mom(2016) then my dad(2019). Sad that we’re getting good at this. One thing is for sure. We know exactly what we need to do to make it much easier for our son.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,247 Posts
Tim, I don’t have the options you did, either fly or canoe 🚣‍♂️. Plane is sitting here, now hoping for crew, then on to Dallas, Tim, you then can keep your phone handy or nerdy, sounds like he likes round trips.🚙.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
4,103 Posts
This weekend my brothers and I started the arduous task of cleaning out my mom’s condo and getting it ready to sell. Believe it or not, this is the fourth time I’ve had to do this in the last ten years. First my wife’s uncle(2012) then her mom(2016) then my dad(2019). Sad that we’re getting good at this. One thing is for sure. We know exactly what we need to do to make it much easier for our son.
Feel for all of you. We too have done this far to many times over the last few years.

Reactions: BLKwRD14

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Tim, I don’t have the options you did, either fly or canoe 🚣‍♂️. Plane is sitting here, now hoping for crew, then on to Dallas, Tim, you then can keep your phone handy or nerdy, sounds like he likes round trips.🚙.
Better luck this time Jim! Holler if you get stuck in TX.

Reactions: JSHACK

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Feel for all of you. We too have done this far to many times over the last few years.
Sometimes being the "responsible" one sucks. :giggle:

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,210 Posts
Same here. I had to go to Florida to clean out my Mom's house. Sharon was still working so it was a one-person job. It took me ten days. I filled a huge Waste Management container I had dropped off in the driveway. I had to throw away a lot of things that could have been sold at a yard sale, but I had no time to do so. It was exhausting, both mentally and physically. Like you guys, I learned a valuable lesson and will not leave 50+ years of accumulated "stuff" that we all have and lack the motivation to just get rid of it before we are unable to do so. I don't want to burden my daughter with that demanding task.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Same here. I had to go to Florida to clean out my Mom's house. Sharon was still working so it was a one-person job. It took me ten days. I filled a huge Waste Management container I had dropped off in the driveway. I had to throw away a lot of things that could have been sold at a yard sale, but I had no time to do so. It was exhausting, both mentally and physically. Like you guys, I learned a valuable lesson and will not leave 50+ years of accumulated "stuff" that we all have and lack the motivation to just get rid of it before we are unable to do so. I don't want to burden my daughter with that demanding task.
A couple of positives, Mike. We are in no hurry and it's only a two bedroom condo. Funny thing is, we haven't even started the sale process and have three interested parties.

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
A couple of positives, Mike. We are in no hurry and it's only a two bedroom condo. Funny thing is, we haven't even started the sale process and have three interested parties.
Always a difficult time dealing with the loss of loved ones.
My wife's and my parents all passed within about 3 years of each other (several years back).
We are now the OLDEST of our direct family generation.
Not always easy getting OLDER, but as long as I can keep on keeping on, I consider myself Blessed!

👴👴👴🙏

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Mom's church just called my wife and said her monthly contribution payment came back unpaid. She told them she was deceased. They asked what we want to do about it. My wife said nothing! The funeral was at your church! Did they really think they would continue to get her contribution?

·
Premium Member
4,188 Posts
Mom's church just called my wife and said her monthly contribution payment came back unpaid. She told them she was deceased. They asked what we want to do about it. My wife said nothing! The funeral was at your church! Did they really think they would continue to get her contribution?
Although I am a believer, I'm afraid that the 'business' side of churches is not ALWAYS PRETTY... 😢

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,734 Posts
Gracious! Talk about tunnel vision!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
38,373 Posts
Dropped my oldest son’s 2011 5.0 off finally for hail repair. It’s getting a new roof, hood and windshield as well as a bunch of PDR and paint work. He has been driving it around like this since Oct.

Glasses Smile Car Motor vehicle Gesture
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Hood Car
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting
Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle
Car Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive parking light Automotive lighting

·
Registered
'13 GT500
368 Posts
16381 - 16400 of 16574 Posts