Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
15541 - 15560 of 15653 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
14 Posts
I’ve got about 12 heat cycles on my cup2’s and the outside shoulders are very worn while the rest of the tire tread looks fairly OK. This is with the Ford recommended track alignment setting in my CFTP car. Running 2:27-2:28’s at COTA.

How many heat cycles are gt500 owners getting out of the sport cup 2’s before trashing them?

I’m going to try out the Goodyear Eagle f1 R3’s (305 all the way around.).The 305 of this tire seems to be almost as wide as the Michelin 315, but sticker compound?

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Did you take the stones?
He didn't have them with him, or he hid them well.
And he's much smaller and older than I thought he was. Maybe cuz he doesn't have the stones anymore.

Reactions: cpcycles

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
14 Posts
how many track days can you get out of the front and rear brake pads? And are you using the oem pads?
Just got home from our COTA event in Austin. The car is grimy after 10 gloriously chaotic track sessions! It’s covered in black rubber marks that should all clean up. I also have to air up the tires again. Casualties were light considering the insanity that ensued and the walls around the track. I lost 2 more center caps sliding into rumble strips (no more center caps at the track for me) and scratch 1 more Jaeger Bros flap (a second time for me). The JLT rock blocker almost departed, but rotated 90 degrees and stopped farther back. Top speed for me was 157 on the back stretch. I got hit with a lot of small rocks as our sticky tires were coated in them from the parking area. I even took some rocks in through the driver’s side open window going around a tight left hander from a Porsche I was trailing! I still have to unload all the crap I lugged down there that I didn’t use, but I was happy to have 4 extra wheels, 6 extra tires, a second set of rotors/pads, brake fluid/bleeder, ramps, jacks and a variety of tools. I was ready if anything was needed, but the car just flat out performed! There is nothing like barreling down the back straight passing people late only to mash on the brakes at the last second to take a more than 90 degree turn. Each time around, I was playing chicken with myself. Fortunately the massive brakes never failed (same for those right behind me) despite my pads that were getting a little thin. 🤟

View attachment 223492 View attachment 223493 View attachment 223494 View attachment 223495 View attachment 223496 View attachment 223497 View attachment 223498 View attachment 223499 View attachment 223500 View attachment 223501
I’ve got about 12 heat cycles on my cup2’s and the outside shoulders are very worn while the rest of the tire tread looks fairly OK. This is with the Ford recommended track alignment setting in my CFTP car. Running 2:27-2:28’s at COTA.

How many heat cycles are gt500 owners getting out of the sport cup 2’s before trashing them?

I’m going to try out the Goodyear Eagle f1 R3’s (305 all the way around.).The 305 of this tire seems to be almost as wide as the Michelin 315, but sticker compound?

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
how many track days can you get out of the front and rear brake pads? And are you using the oem pads?
Welcome to the forum Manny! It was great meeting and chatting with you at COTA this weekend. Your yellow CFTP is one sexy bitch! :love: 🤟

I am running OEM pads. As for how many track days I get… that’s a good question. I have 2 complete set of brakes for the car and switched calipers & pads a few times working on getting yellow calipers on my car that were compatible with the intense track heat our brakes see. I just recently got a winning solution. I haven’t had my car up on the lift since our COTA weekend yet, but I suspect I’ll be changing the front pads when I do. Our cars quite possibly could go through 2 front sets of pads for every 1 on the rear… the jury is still out there.

Many people come to the conclusion that their SC2s are dead prematurely as they look well worn fairly early. As long as you can see the wear hole indicators, they have life left in them. I dig the SC2s, but I haven’t ruled out trying other tires if I can find them in our correct sizes.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing that sexy ass car, you’ll find our new member area here:

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
14 Posts
Welcome to the forum Manny! It was great meeting and chatting with you at COTA this weekend. Your yellow CFTP is one sexy bitch! :love: 🤟

I am running OEM pads. As for how many track days I get… that’s a good question. I have 2 complete set of brakes for the car and switched calipers & pads a few times working on getting yellow calipers on my car that were compatible with the intense track heat our brakes see. I just recently got a winning solution. I haven’t had my car up on the lift since our COTA weekend yet, but I suspect I’ll be changing the front pads when I do. Our cars quite possibly could go through 2 front sets of pads for every 1 on the rear… the jury is still out there.

Many people come to the conclusion that their SC2s are dead prematurely as they look well worn fairly early. As long as you can see the wear hole indicators, they have life left in them. I dig the SC2s, but I haven’t ruled out trying other tires if I can find them in our correct sizes.

If you are up for introducing yourself and showing that sexy ass car, you’ll find our new member area here:

Thanks! There’s an event at COTA at the end of this month (oct 30 and 31) with CHINS. I’m likely singing up (I just found out about it today.). Anybody else going? Would love some company.
Manny

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Thanks! There’s an event at COTA at the end of this month (oct 30 and 31) with CHINS. I’m likely singing up (I just found out about it today.). Anybody else going? Would love some company.
Manny
If I didn’t have a work conflict, I’d be there with ya Manny! That was one hell of an experience this past weekend! I have a crap ton of footage to sift through… my editing will take a long time.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
Today I was driving home from an appointment and for the THIRD time in the past two months, there was a car driving South Bound on the North Highway. I am not happy to say this, but my family has been witnesses to all three of these events. The first killed a family of five (was closer to midnight) and the last resulted in a woman getting medevaced.

Knowing this, I instantly called 911. The car had to be driving in the wrong direction for a good five miles. I pray to God for the safety of the other drivers behind me. Crazy times we live in - Upstate NY drivers may be the worst. Just can't make it up.. wish I was!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,936 Posts
Today I was driving home from an appointment and for the THIRD time in the past two months, there was a car driving South Bound on the North Highway. I am not happy to say this, but my family has been witnesses to all three of these events. The first killed a family of five (was closer to midnight) and the last resulted in a woman getting medevaced.

Knowing this, I instantly called 911. The car had to be driving in the wrong direction for a good five miles. I pray to God for the safety of the other drivers behind me. Crazy times we live in - Upstate NY drivers may be the worst. Just can't make it up.. wish I was!
Yep, that happens on our highways. In Germany, on the Autobahn, this driving the wrong way happens and they are called Ghost Drivers. They seem to happen more frequently than in USA, statistically speaking, and oftentimes result in fatalities. Germans aren't sure how to explain this anomaly, but are currently installing warning systems that should help reduce this weird behavior. It usually occurs during darkness, which further exacerbates the danger.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
169 Posts
Yep, that happens on our highways. In Germany, on the Autobahn, this driving the wrong way happens and they are called Ghost Drivers. They seem to happen more frequently than in USA, statistically speaking, and oftentimes result in fatalities. Germans aren't sure how to explain this anomaly, but are currently installing warning systems that should help reduce this weird behavior. It usually occurs during darkness, which further exacerbates the danger.
Weird thing is, the last two instances this happened were in broad daylight. I can understand the danger at night - however, at least you can see headlights coming towards you when it's dark outside. In pure daylight, you don't know until it's too late.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue (Base)
93 Posts
That’s funny! I had no idea. Is it a video that’s playing or a still shot?

Have fun at Track Attack! Ironically, I am in Charlotte today on a layover.
Its your Youtube video playing....I think they have your track series on repeat lol. Whelp closest we have been then. Would love to meet up one of these days. Tonight is the dinner and then track time tomorrow.

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
4,041 Posts
8 am ( 10/15/2021 )
Lumbar epidural steroid injections ( L4-L5 )...............told to give it 5 to 10 days..

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,581 Posts
8 am ( 10/15/2021 )
Lumbar epidural steroid injections ( L4-L5 )...............told to give it 5 to 10 days..
You should have a hint of relief from the numbing solution they injected before the steroid injection, but that will wear off today. Then yes, if placed in the right location, the steroids should help in a few days. Hope it helps you.

Reactions: cpcycles

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert, 2019 Ford F150 Limited
470 Posts
I'm sitting at work today in my Recaro office chair thinking about the fun 2 weeks ago at The Tail of the Dragon and other routes. Also I'm steaming about what is happening to the nation's power grid. This time of year, power prices are usually in the low $20's per megawatt. For several weeks, the price has been in the $50 to $100 per megawatt. The image was prices before lunch today in the Midwest grid. (MISO)
Font Line Art Screenshot Slope

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
15541 - 15560 of 15653 Posts