Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
15521 - 15540 of 15653 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,581 Posts
I wished nobody saw me play today, if you can call it that, being called a hacker would have been generous.
I always tell people that I just like to Beat the Ground…helps take out my growing frustration with the world in general🤪🤪🤪🤪
😎
I found golf to be fun when I would go with some friends up in Kodiak, which basically made it a men's fellowship gathering. Plus, the course in Kodiak is so beautiful being surrounded by green mountains with even mountain goats above hole #2 sometimes. I haven't played at all since moving down here primarily because so many courses have homes along the fairways. Now, when I was introduced to golf, I found I had a natural aptitude, and I hit the balls quite straight unless I really tried to hit the ball hard. My friends who had played for years just shook their heads when I'd beat them. It was funny. But, once in a while I will slice one, and that's where I just wouldn't feel relaxed on the local courses surrounded by homes, which would kill the enjoyment of playing. The good news is a Top Golf is going to be built here, and I love going to play with friends at Top Golf. Plus, people who have never hit a golf ball in their life can enjoy playing there!

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
I found golf to be fun when I would go with some friends up in Kodiak, which basically made it a men's fellowship gathering. Plus, the course in Kodiak is so beautiful being surrounded by green mountains with even mountain goats above hole #2 sometimes. I haven't played at all since moving down here primarily because so many courses have homes along the fairways. Now, when I was introduced to golf, I found I had a natural aptitude, and I hit the balls quite straight unless I really tried to hit the ball hard. My friends who had played for years just shook their heads when I'd beat them. It was funny. But, once in a while I will slice one, and that's where I just wouldn't feel relaxed on the local courses surrounded by homes, which would kill the enjoyment of playing. The good news is a Top Golf is going to be built here, and I love going to play with friends at Top Golf. Plus, people who have never hit a golf ball in their life can enjoy playing there!

Don't stress. Those people knew what they signed up for when they bought a house there and most are probably golfers themselves.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,581 Posts
Don't stress. Those people knew what they signed up for when they bought a house there and most are probably golfers themselves.
Kyle, I’m not sure if that’s in my dna, but thank you! 😊

Reactions: OMB

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Driving back from a race weekend at COTA. Just stopped for gas. You should have seen my effort in nailing my MPG with trailer in tow! 🤟

Speedometer Motor vehicle White Light Gauge
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Technically this was done on Sat, but I didn't get here then, so I'm showing it today.
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Just got home from our COTA event in Austin. The car is grimy after 10 gloriously chaotic track sessions! It’s covered in black rubber marks that should all clean up. I also have to air up the tires again. Casualties were light considering the insanity that ensued and the walls around the track. I lost 2 more center caps sliding into rumble strips (no more center caps at the track for me) and scratch 1 more Jaeger Bros flap (a second time for me). The JLT rock blocker almost departed, but rotated 90 degrees and stopped farther back. Top speed for me was 157 on the back stretch. I got hit with a lot of small rocks as our sticky tires were coated in them from the parking area. I even took some rocks in through the driver’s side open window going around a tight left hander from a Porsche I was trailing! I still have to unload all the crap I lugged down there that I didn’t use, but I was happy to have 4 extra wheels, 6 extra tires, a second set of rotors/pads, brake fluid/bleeder, ramps, jacks and a variety of tools. I was ready if anything was needed, but the car just flat out performed! There is nothing like barreling down the back straight passing people late only to mash on the brakes at the last second to take a more than 90 degree turn. Each time around, I was playing chicken with myself. Fortunately the massive brakes never failed (same for those right behind me) despite my pads that were getting a little thin. 🤟

Wheel Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Vehicle
Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Car
Crankset Wheel Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle
Liquid Water Automotive lighting Automotive tire Tire
Automotive tire Tire Wheel Wood Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Road surface Asphalt
Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Tire
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Motor vehicle Bumper
Automotive tail & brake light Car Automotive lighting Hood Grille

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Car got a bath. I still need to remove all the black smudges with some stronger cleaner... then comes removing the wheels, swapping brake pads and bleeding the brakes.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
387 Posts
Reactions: SSSSLOW and Goose17

·
Premium Member
2011 SVTPP Ingot Silver
219 Posts
Did the “Drive the Glen” tour today with the girlfriend. Low 70’s and sunny which is a bonus in N.Y. this time of year. We had a total mix of cars with a C7, C8, BMW’s, SUV’s, Chargers and even a Mazda RX8. I would be fun to see Goose sliding around here but the skid marks leading to black marks on the walls could be a bit intimidating! :D

Reactions: SSSSLOW and Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Did the “Drive the Glen” tour today with the girlfriend. Low 70’s and sunny which is a bonus in N.Y. this time of year. We had a total mix of cars with a C7, C8, BMW’s, SUV’s, Chargers and even a Mazda RX8. I would be fun to see Goose sliding around here but the skid marks leading to black marks on the walls could be a bit intimidating! :D
Sounds like a good time Jim!

I was ratcheting up my “crazy” as the weekend progressed at COTA… there is a section called the esses… it’s a wee tad challenging as you come in hot… the esses tighten and there are bumps on the surface to disrupt the cars. On the last session on the last day while in full tilt crazy mode, my ass stepped out in this section, which can lead to disaster! It throws you off for the next curve… fortunately the car and I both survived!

Map Urban design Font Pattern Landscape

Reactions: cpcycles

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Also page 777 of this thread...might be a sign.
Funny! Ironic! I didn’t even notice that!

I was averaging 7.3 miles leading up to that shot. Ten miles prior, I reset my average and started working on it. Problems I faced were hills, lots of traffic and a 75 mph (ish) trailer tire limit speed. I hit all 7s on the odometer at 7.6 average mpg and coasted to get 7.7 right before the odometer clicked .8! My wife was shaking her head the whole time as I was focused on the prize. I was willing to connect to the semi ahead and push him if needed. Anything for the victory! 🤟:cool: 🤟

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,892 Posts
7 is the perfect number. Well played!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2018 GT350
2,383 Posts
Interesting it's shucking center caps.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Interesting it's shucking center caps.
Center caps that were not designed for the CF wheels. They are Ford center cap back parts (from different wheels) with custom faces. I have lost 3-4 of them previously at tracks, but tweaked them for a tighter fit and thought they were good now. I’ve run them a couple times at tracks with success like this, but COTA is a different animal. I was running bat shit crazy and there are serious rumble strips there that you have to hit to be fast. They are jarring and popped the 2 front caps out. Adding to this is the front wheels are subjected to intense heat from the brakes there as this track has has high speeds! I have 2 more complete set of faces and a few extra backs as well… I’ll just make more and be sure to remove them for future track days.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hubcap Automotive design Alloy wheel
Hand Bottle cap Guitar accessory Finger Thumb
Water Finger Art Electric blue Circle
Office supplies Cosmetics Writing implement Font Audio equipment
Font Bottle cap Electric blue Circle Nail

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
870 Posts
Stabbed Thanos in the knee.
Someone should understand the reference.

·
Premium Member
2008 GT500 Coupe 2015 Jeep SRT
1,751 Posts
Did you take the stones?

·
Registered
2021 GT500 CFTP
14 Posts
Just got home from our COTA event in Austin. The car is grimy after 10 gloriously chaotic track sessions! It’s covered in black rubber marks that should all clean up. I also have to air up the tires again. Casualties were light considering the insanity that ensued and the walls around the track. I lost 2 more center caps sliding into rumble strips (no more center caps at the track for me) and scratch 1 more Jaeger Bros flap (a second time for me). The JLT rock blocker almost departed, but rotated 90 degrees and stopped farther back. Top speed for me was 157 on the back stretch. I got hit with a lot of small rocks as our sticky tires were coated in them from the parking area. I even took some rocks in through the driver’s side open window going around a tight left hander from a Porsche I was trailing! I still have to unload all the crap I lugged down there that I didn’t use, but I was happy to have 4 extra wheels, 6 extra tires, a second set of rotors/pads, brake fluid/bleeder, ramps, jacks and a variety of tools. I was ready if anything was needed, but the car just flat out performed! There is nothing like barreling down the back straight passing people late only to mash on the brakes at the last second to take a more than 90 degree turn. Each time around, I was playing chicken with myself. Fortunately the massive brakes never failed (same for those right behind me) despite my pads that were getting a little thin. 🤟

View attachment 223492 View attachment 223493 View attachment 223494 View attachment 223495 View attachment 223496 View attachment 223497 View attachment 223498 View attachment 223499 View attachment 223500 View attachment 223501

View attachment 223492 View attachment 223493 View attachment 223494 View attachment 223495 View attachment 223496 View attachment 223497 View attachment 223498 View attachment 223499 View attachment 223500 View attachment 223501
how many track days can you get out of the front and rear brake pads? And are you using the oem pads?

15521 - 15540 of 15653 Posts