Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
15501 - 15520 of 15653 Posts

·
Registered
4,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15,501 ·
Great picture of the family. You are blessed.
Thanks Sean and you couldn't be more correct. Having them helps keep it all in perspective. The Mrs. has been an absolute rock star in my absence.

The boy is well beyond his years. Crushing it in kindergarten and has surpassed all end of year metrics already. He's 6 going on 16. He likes sports, Legos, and writing books. I can't wait to see what he does with his life.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,254 Posts
Came off track to this:

Car Personal luxury car Automotive design Auto part Vehicle
Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2021 Antimatter Blue
90 Posts
Today was the only day the tint shop could fit me in to fix a window they messed up so I was up bright and early driving in the rain. the tires don't like sanding water but the car still did great.
Sky Plant Window Motor vehicle Car

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Using a full tank of gas on every 20 minute session at the track. Went through all 49 gallons I brought and had to hit the nearby station to top off for the last session, which is coming up.

Wood Flooring Floor Gas House
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

Reactions: Pred8tor

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,455 Posts
Went and bought a new washer/dryer set this morning and was pleasantly surprised Best Buy actually had the exact ones she wanted in stock. Current set is 17 years old. Will be delivered and installed Wednesday! Stopped by Home Depot for a few odds and ends, lunch then headed home. Wife asked if we could get her AR out and shoot some rounds. Went through about 120 of the around 10k we have hoarded. :giggle: I’ll break it down and clean it up in the morning before we head to the Cincinnati/Green Bay game tomorrow.

·
Registered
14 Gt500 PP/T 2.4 pulley,3.73ears, mgw shifter, morimoto heads/tails/fogs. Borla atak, bbk 65tb
65 Posts
Well let's see...for the 3rd time I replaced my bmr upper adjustable control arm. The jam nuts kept comming loose and and the center section would back itself out as far as it could go. Car came with an adjustable steeda, swapped that out with a adjustable BMR same thing happened clunking and increase of gear wine due to the pinion angle. So I bought a non adjustable bmr and installed it...problem solved Then I had the bright idea to replace all my rubber sway bar bushings with Polyurethane, so I went on a scavenger hunt to all the auto part stores to find greaseable zerk fiting sway bar bushings in 34/24mm sizes. On the way there I came across a car show fundraiser in a church parking lot so of course I stopped to see what all the fuss was about and ended up paying $20 to register my car and enter it. Never done a car show before but there was mostly classic muscle and American cars and then i saw it... a real 1969 cobra mk2. I parked close to it and made lots of new friends. I was the youngest one there just a small show. Ate a hamburger and fries and talked to some old gear heads. And thats my day.
Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Hood
Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Sky Land vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Vehicle Car Grille Tire Automotive lighting

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 GT500
17 Posts
Full paint correction in prep of PPF and tint on Monday. Ford should be ashamed of their quality control and how these cars are allowed to be released with all these paint issues.
Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle Grille
Cloud Sky Tire Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,581 Posts
Looked at my GT500 calendar that Bob does for us, and as I walked by it today I stopped to ponder and remember Stan since his car is October's picture. It's tough thinking about him being gone. Bob, @Ford Fest , did Stan's car go to a good home?

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
3,912 Posts
Looked at my GT500 calendar that Bob does for us, and as I walked by it today I stopped to ponder and remember Stan since his car is October's picture. It's tough thinking about him being gone. Bob, @Ford Fest , did Stan's car go to a good home?
Hey Mike,
Seeing Stan’s car on the calendar makes me smile. I sure miss Stan. Unfortunately, his car has not sold yet and I haven’t figured out a way for me to be able to buy it other than selling my car. I’ll keep picking up lottery tickets :)

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,581 Posts
Hey Mike,
Seeing Stan’s car on the calendar makes me smile. I sure miss Stan. Unfortunately, his car has not sold yet and I haven’t figured out a way for me to be able to buy it other than selling my car. I’ll keep picking up lottery tickets :)
Ironically I've been talking with a guy in Wyoming after a local Mustang Club member here in Boise put me in touch with the guy, who wants to buys a 2010-2014 GT500. Initially he wanted help clarifying the differences between the different car years, and then I tried helping him hone his choice. He actually prefers the 2010-2012 look, but if the right 13/14 became available, I think he'd take a serious look. I thought of Stan's car, but when I went back and looked at your listing, I saw the price was much higher than the Wyoming buyer had as his ceiling price. Whoever gets Stan's car will be a lucky buyer. It's a sharp car that was well cared for by Stan. Good luck with your lottery tickets! :)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Day 2 gentlemen. Hard deck is 10,000’. Plaque for second place is in the ladies room. For today’s hop, you’ll be in the advanced solo group with passing in the corners! There are serious cars and drivers here... time for your big girl panties!

Cloud Sky Automotive tire Asphalt Gas
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Cloud Tire Sky Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle
Automotive parking light Cloud Car Wheel Tire
Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Cloud Car Sky

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Spent all day at the track today. This was a 2-day event at COTA in Austin TX. I had never been to this track nor have I driven with this group (Edge Addicts). They started me in the yellow intermediate group yesterday with my friend as my instructor. I then got cleared to run solo in the intermediate group. During the meeting this morning, I mention some drivers were not giving the points (to pass). The lady running the program asked what my fastest lap time was (2:32). She said I needed to move up to the red advanced group. This group was a great fit... it was CRAZY! There was only one Porsche guy reluctant to let me pass, but after I did it anyway, we started having fun together on the track. Lots of Porsches and GT350s... the CFTP was kick’n some ass... it was a blast!

I survived and so did my car. My buddy with a base handling package 2020 hit 160 on the back straight with a 2:38 best lap time. I hit 157 on the back straight (more downforce = drag) and had 2:32s as my best lap time on every session. It was an absolutely awesome day... I’m SPENT!🤟😎😴

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle
Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Vehicle
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Smile Shorts Beard T-shirt Community

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
110 Posts
Food Tableware Drinkware Wine Bottle

Started with my usual Sunday morning 5K run with weighted vest.
Then cleaned the back yard and patio.
Cleaned the grill.
Used said grill for 22 oz. rib eyes for the wife and I and a filet for our daughter.
Took the daughter out for Halloween shopping and was quite successful.
Did the dishes.
Last load of laundry in the dryer.
And now a little Beluga on the rocks before hitting the shower.
Sundays, the day of rest. :LOL:

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
387 Posts
Rode the Harley 550 miles this weekend down in the Texas Hill Country, hung out in Bandera and Kerrville. This was a Texas State reunion for the Riding Club (RC) I am in, The Southern Cruisers Riding Club (SCRC). Our charity is St Judes, great group of folks and its a national organization.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,254 Posts
Reactions: Finch

·
Premium Member
4,127 Posts
I wished nobody saw me play today, if you can call it that, being called a hacker would have been generous.
I always tell people that I just like to Beat the Ground…helps take out my growing frustration with the world in general🤪🤪🤪🤪
😎

15501 - 15520 of 15653 Posts