Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
15321 - 15340 of 15358 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
761 Posts
At home with COVID. This cough is a real bitch! Out of commission for 2 weeks they tell me. Gonna miss a nice car show this weekend too! I am vac’d.
Once the symptoms are gone you're good to go. Supposedly that's what the vaccine is for. And now you have real immunity.

Reactions: Finch

·
Registered
2020 GT-500 CFTP
64 Posts
I rode the Harley 440 miles today in the Texas Hill Country, even rode one of the Three Sisters ;)

There happened to be a Porsche club out running them today. Wish I had the Shelby, some of those pompous Porsche owners could use a lesson.

In case some don't get my humor. The three "Twisted" Sisters are 3 Ranch roads 335,336,337, that are famous canyon carving, twisty roads of pure adrenalin. Motorcycles and cars come from all over to travel these roads. If you have ever been on or heard of the 'Tail of the Dragon", well this is the stretched out version lasting many more miles(100 Miles)
Did you stop and eat pie? I’m sure you did!!!!

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
357 Posts
Did you stop and eat pie? I’m sure you did!!!!
Not this time, stopped in Fredericksburg on the way back for some German cuisine and of course something German to wash it down ;) 🍺

Reactions: Russell

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
761 Posts
Got my ticket for the evening TSO Chicago show. I'll be seeing both shows in Chicago (seeing matinee with mom, sis, and sis's friend, and evening show cuz I do the M&G after the evening show), and then in Detroit. That way I get to see both groups. And I'm in Detroit for New Year's at my friends anyway, so it works well.

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
377 Posts
We’ll we decided to use some flight credit and fly to Miami for a long weekend. Tons of super cars going super slow but I did see a cftp going super slow also. Hit the beach and some some day drinking then some night drinking luckily we found our way back to the room. All the while wondering if I paid my tab before leaving lol. Glad I left my supercars at home they like to drive super fast
Sky Building Skyscraper Tree Tower block
Cloud Smile Sky Goggles Sunglasses
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
35,467 Posts
We’ll we decided to use some flight credit and fly to Miami for a long weekend. Tons of super cars going super slow but I did see a cftp going super slow also. Hit the beach and some some day drinking then some night drinking luckily we found our way back to the room. All the while wondering if I paid my tab before leaving lol. Glad I left my supercars at home they like to drive super fast
View attachment 222289 View attachment 222290 View attachment 222291
Cool getaway Wayne! 🤟

The car scene is definitely impressive down there!

Reactions: Towerman30

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
377 Posts
Just a little update because o was trashed and probably headed that way now. But I did pay however I handed him my Amex and literally walked out leaving card and everything. I just settled up with a great tip for expensive drinks lol. No dine and dash here

• Haha
Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,861 Posts
Did a little recreation of part of our wedding day. 33 years (+ 1 day) ago I married this beautiful & fabulous woman at the Methodist church in Washington, IN.
Smile Sky Cloud Building Daytime

Due to a little mixup 33 years ago by the best man, we got left at the church when everyone left for the reception at my new in-laws house.
With her in her wedding dress & me in my tuxedo, I bustled up her dress & held out my arm for her, then we embarked on what has become know as our wedding march… we walked hand in hand through town to the reception.

Today we added to that memory as we retraced those steps through the town. Was a great day!!!

(P.S. also went to a car show.)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
Did a little recreation of part of our wedding day. 33 years (+ 1 day) ago I married this beautiful & fabulous woman at the Methodist church in Washington, IN.
View attachment 222313

Due to a little mixup 33 years ago by the best man, we got left at the church when everyone left for the reception at my new in-laws house.
With her in her wedding dress & me in my tuxedo, I bustled up her dress & held out my arm for her, then we embarked on what has become know as our wedding march… we walked hand in hand through town to the reception.

Today we added to that memory as we retraced those steps through the town. Was a great day!!!

(P.S. also went to a car show.)
So awesome Ted! Happy anniversary to you guys! 🥂

Reactions: TedShred

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
357 Posts
Attended a car show (Saturday) , Cruzin Cruzers in Gatesville Tx, 243 cars attended. They had class awards for year groups, I was in the 2013 and newer as I had the 2020. It was fun but really hot.

Bird Motor vehicle Black Wheel Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Grille

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
Last night I installed the Gurney Flap and Splitter wicker. Today was the kids Car seat. First family car ride today.
Looks better with them installed… adds to the aggressiveness.

Reactions: Wolvee

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
After countless hours of editing over the last week, I finally finished my track day video from last weekend. This one has a lot of chaos in it! 🤟

I did it in 4K… it will take a shit ton of time to upload to YouTube. I used the song “Left For Dead” for my going off the track montage! :cool:

Computer Personal computer Vehicle Output device Gadget

• Haha
Reactions: Hawkeye

·
Registered
364 Posts
After countless hours of editing over the last week, I finally finished my track day video from last weekend. This one has a lot of chaos in it! 🤟

I did it in 4K… it will take a shit ton of time to upload to YouTube. I used the song “Left For Dead” for my going off the track montage! :cool:

View attachment 222340
I’ll be watching it!

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,427 Posts
FINALLY had time and the opportunity(overcast) to clean up the Raptor this morning from our trips to Missouri for Shelbyfest and Longboat Key for vacation. It’s been bugging me for a couple of months now. All cleaned up! Spent a couple of hours in the pool after weed whacking the property. It was, more than likely, our last pool day for the year. Big cool down expected this week. Pool is getting closed in a couple of weeks. Hopefully we beat the deluge of leaves from all the trees around the back yard. :giggle:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts
Wife and I took the CFTP out for sushi... I’ve never left it outside a restaurant thus far. Good thing it’s not raining as my tires are slicks!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,069 Posts
Took in a a concert with that little ole band from Texas, at the Orpheum in downtown Memphis, then hit Beale Street with friends for a couple of drinks and eats.
World Artist Entertainment Performing arts Music
Concert Idiophone Entertainment Artist Drum
Light Concert Musical instrument accessory Music Entertainment

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,467 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
1,069 Posts
How did they handle the missing member?
Sounded great, talked about Dusty, pointed up several times, then when they played "Tush", had his voice recorded and played him singing while they did just the instrumental part, great place to see and hear a concert, acoustics are really good there.

15321 - 15340 of 15358 Posts