Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
14821 - 14840 of 14880 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,377 Posts
While I was troubleshooting something at work tonight and literally burning up, I was thinking about a cool ride in our son's new car in the mountains of Virginia. View attachment 218879 View attachment 218880
I live that life also! I work in a pulp mill and the temp around the recovery boiler area is about 140 F on a normal summer day. Working a full day in those conditions make for a hard life. And there are worse places than that in the mill I work. I retire in two more years!!!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Shelby GT500 Convertible and 2000 Roush Mustang GT Vert
305 Posts
I live that life also! I work in a pulp mill and the temp around the recovery boiler area is about 140 F on a normal summer day. Working a full day in those conditions make for a hard life. And there are worse places than that in the mill I work. I retire in two more years!!!!
I'm OPS shift supervisor at a coal fired steam power plant. I'm retiring September of 2022. Our plant is shutting down. I was going to work 3 more years, but that made it too tempting.

·
Registered
'21 GT500 Shelby & '69 Mach1
129 Posts
Phillip was asking about the plastic door striker protectors. Bought them from Amazon
TopDall Door Arm Protection Cover Stopper Buckle Cap Anti-Rust Interior Accessories Compatible for Ford Mustang 2015-2021

Best investment so far are the Rock Blockers. Easy install - duh...

Toughest mod to install so far - the map lights. Like Tim, I tried the lens removal technique but pushed one of the contacts into the unit. So had to pull the unit out. Easy to do once out but there's alot of downward force (pulling) that needs to be done to get the unit off the clips.

Reactions: DKnight and Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Phillip was asking about the plastic door striker protectors. Bought them from Amazon
TopDall Door Arm Protection Cover Stopper Buckle Cap Anti-Rust Interior Accessories Compatible for Ford Mustang 2015-2021

Best investment so far are the Rock Blockers. Easy install - duh...

Toughest mod to install so far - the map lights. Like Tim, I tried the lens removal technique but pushed one of the contacts into the unit. So had to pull the unit out. Easy to do once out but there's alot of downward force (pulling) that needs to be done to get the unit off the clips.
With 2020 hindsight, I should have put some dielectric grease on the bulb end to give it some lube for easier install. Yes, I pushed one of the receptacles into the housing, which turned an easy project into a pain in the ass project.

Not sure what the door striker protectors are for... got a link or a pic?

As for what I have done thus far today... babysitting son’s cute little dog. At the end of my mowing, I gave her a little ride.

3DA0E7F3-645A-4FE9-AB8C-C78E34025A3D.jpeg
CACC5B73-2ED5-4F02-847E-AF568CD34C16.jpeg

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts

View attachment 219038
Looks good. Thanks for the pic John. I guess I’ve never seen those nor have heard of their need... are those to make that area purdy or do they serve a purpose to protect an area that gets scratched...?

Reactions: DKnight

·
Registered
129 Posts
protection - My 69 Mach could use them....

·
Registered
769 Posts
Signing off....

The GT500 was traded for a 2021 Explorer King Ranch this morning. Received more than I paid for it last fall. I didn't like to go to car shows with it (too new) and it wasn't a good 2nd car. The Explorer and F150 make way more sense for me. I've fallen in love with boating again and it's really one or the other for me. If I do get the urge to get back into car shows, I'll find a 60's something muscle car. And yes, it's not black.
20210720_135303.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Signing off....

The GT500 was traded for a 2021 Explorer King Ranch this morning. Received more than I paid for it last fall. I didn't like to go to car shows with it (too new) and it wasn't a good 2nd car. The Explorer and F150 make way more sense for me. I've fallen in love with boating again and it's really one or the other for me. If I do get the urge to get back into car shows, I'll find a 60's something muscle car. And yes, it's not black. View attachment 219043
Congrats on the new Explorer!

No need to leave. We have quite a few members without a Shelby.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,715 Posts
With 2020 hindsight, I should have put some dielectric grease on the bulb end to give it some lube for easier install. Yes, I pushed one of the receptacles into the housing, which turned an easy project into a pain in the ass project.

As for what I have done thus far today... babysitting son’s cute little dog. At the end of my mowing, I gave her a little ride.

View attachment 219036 View attachment 219037
I'm calling ASPCA!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,099 Posts
Signing off....

The GT500 was traded for a 2021 Explorer King Ranch this morning. Received more than I paid for it last fall. I didn't like to go to car shows with it (too new) and it wasn't a good 2nd car. The Explorer and F150 make way more sense for me. I've fallen in love with boating again and it's really one or the other for me. If I do get the urge to get back into car shows, I'll find a 60's something muscle car. And yes, it's not black. View attachment 219045
That's nice .... always fun to get a new car !! :)

14821 - 14840 of 14880 Posts