Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
14361 - 14380 of 14881 Posts

·
Premium Member
609 Posts
Use a duster and detail spray as long as you can before the next required wash. You can always put towels down on the engine when washing vs. the tray. Just don’t spray the hose with a lot of water in the vent.
use P&S Beadmaker as your detail spray or drying agent. I have yet to try anything that beats this for deep shine (it actually gets better if you wait and let it cure). If you clay before, your paint will feel and look amazing.

trust me, this stuff is bananas!

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,593 Posts
Voted this morning, was there @ 6 when the polling station opened. There is little chance the buffone ( D ) running the state ( N.J. ) will get voted out, but one can always hope !!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
33,715 Posts
Just leak tested the 95 vert... drove it home from the airport this morning... first time driving it in the rain. All was well!

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,391 Posts
Just leak tested the 95 vert... drove it home from the airport this morning... first time driving it in the rain. All was well!

View attachment 216811
Saw that view for over twenty years until last summer. Funny, that clock in the middle of the dash disappeared after 1997. It was incorporated into the radio display in 1998.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Filthy (and not in a good way) but damn she still looks amazing. Just waiting on this rain to end before I break out the hose, buckets, and wash mitts.

THAT is a beautiful car!

Reactions: Dave and SSSSLOW

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Reactions: SSSSLOW

·
Registered
21 GT500, 19 Z06, 20 Bolt EV
44 Posts
With a color-coordinated bucket! That Race Red really POPS!
I'm not even going to lie Tim but when it first showed up, I was not impressed at all with the color. Granted, it had an inch of dirt and dust all over it from the trailer ride down here but still, I was honestly kind of disappointed...but NOT anymore! It's absolutely beautiful once the paint is cleaned up and yep, it really does POP. I will be following your lead and will be using microfiber towels with detailer spray from here on out since it won't ever (hopefully) be driven in the rain and lives in the garage.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
322 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
:oops: One of Tim's cars got caught in the rain, OMG, sell it, part it out ;)
I got up at 0400 and drove it to the airport again today. My truck is still at the dealer waiting to get fixed. I flew to Memphis and caught a ride home with Mesa.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,391 Posts
Reactions: cpcycles

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Letting your hair grow out Tim? :giggle:
I took the picture while riding on the jumpseat. I wouldn’t be flying as this is a small CRJ flown by Mesa Airlines.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
549 Posts
Finished the calzone from last night's club meeting for lunch. Laika enjoyed some too.
And I avoided having to talk to a lab rep. Bailed for lunch before he got here with whatever he brought for lunch.

Reactions: DKnight and Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Received a backup set of the splitter wickers in the mail today. Got a great deal from someone that decided not to install theirs! 🤟

Reactions: SSSSLOW and DKnight

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,816 Posts
Received a backup set of the splitter wickers in the mail today. Got a great deal from someone that decided not to install theirs! 🤟

View attachment 216844
Those might be handy to have after one of your grass mowing outings. 😉
Hope you don’t need them!

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
322 Posts

View attachment 216844
Splitter wickers, CF wing, CF Wheels; I'm beginning to think either Tim knows a "Dark Web" site that deals in auto parts or he's going to the "midnight warehouse" :ROFLMAO:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,715 Posts
Those might be handy to have after one of your grass mowing outings. 😉
Hope you don’t need them!
I could always sharpen this set to make them better for mowing.
Splitter wickers, CF wing, CF Wheels; I'm beginning to think either Tim knows a "Dark Web" site that deals in auto parts or he's going to the "midnight warehouse" :ROFLMAO:
Funny Geoff! Now... if I could only find a splitter, a steering wheel and a set of Recaro seat skins, my hunt list will be complete!

14361 - 14380 of 14881 Posts