Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

14341 - 14360 of 14454 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
32,658 Posts
After a week of editing, I finally got my track day video up this morning! Trying to combine 5 in-car cameras, audio, data and a friend filming from outside the car took some serious time. I went off the track twice. One of the episodes is included in the video. It was a helluva day!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
American eating an Asian dish in Mexico!

It was bueño!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,458 Posts
Thought I'd share some scenic shots from going up into the mountains bear hunting this past week. I realize many of you have never been up in the Rocky Mountains before. The scenery is wonderful. I got home Sat, and this time I didn't see a single bear.....because it was hotter than hell up there! It was in the mid-ninties, and very few critters were moving. I watched a few elk high tail it to cover by 10am to avoid the heat, and I spent my afternoons and evenings in camp, in the shade, with just shorts on. One day it was so hot I got out my panning gear and spent a few hours panning in the creek about 20 yards behind my camper. Oh that cold water felt soooo good. Beautiful country driving there, beautiful country where I hunted, and it was peaceful (except for the pesty flies). Believe it or not, I shot a nice mule deer buck in this area 36 years ago, and this was my first time back in that country. Fires have changed it a lot, and the access up the drainage I shot my buck in is now restricted against any motorized traffic. I know there are bears in there. I saw some during a scouting trip a few weeks ago. I'll try to get in there one more time this year between other commitments, and if nothing gotten this year, what I learn on these trips will help next year.

Some country headed in. This is the South Fork of the Boise River.

IMG_3718.jpg
IMG_3719.jpg
IMG_3721.jpg

My home for a few days. I took advantage of the tree's shade, and driving in the 5 mile two-track trail is another testimony for why I have this small 17' Jayco Baja trailer. I can get it any where I can get my truck.
IMG_3725.jpg

The creek behind camp.
IMG_3727.jpg

Some pics from one of the places I was glassing for critters (and hiding from the sun).
IMG_3729.jpg
IMG_3732.jpg
IMG_3733.jpg

I've got some good Swarovski bino's and spotting scope, and this is a good example of why good glass is important. Of course I'm not hunting hawks, but from camp I was watching some birds of prey doing their thing, hunting. This guy was probably a mile or so away, and I had my 20x-60x scope turned all the way up to the max 60 power zoom to take this picture with my cell phone. Yup, my cell phone. I've gotten pretty good at doing it, but I should really invest in a bracket vice free-handing the thing up to the eye piece of the scope. No pictures of the elk though. The heat mirage at those spots was too much for good pics.
IMG_3738.jpg

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
743 Posts
Thought I'd share some scenic shots from going up into the mountains bear hunting this past week. I realize many of you have never been up in the Rocky Mountains before. The scenery is wonderful. I got home Sat, and this time I didn't see a single bear.....because it was hotter than hell up there! It was in the mid-ninties, and very few critters were moving. I watched a few elk high tail it to cover by 10am to avoid the heat, and I spent my afternoons and evenings in camp, in the shade, with just shorts on. One day it was so hot I got out my panning gear and spent a few hours panning in the creek about 20 yards behind my camper. Oh that cold water felt soooo good. Beautiful country driving there, beautiful country where I hunted, and it was peaceful (except for the pesty flies). Believe it or not, I shot a nice mule deer buck in this area 36 years ago, and this was my first time back in that country. Fires have changed it a lot, and the access up the drainage I shot my buck in is now restricted against any motorized traffic. I know there are bears in there. I saw some during a scouting trip a few weeks ago. I'll try to get in there one more time this year between other commitments, and if nothing gotten this year, what I learn on these trips will help next year.

Some country headed in. This is the South Fork of the Boise River.

View attachment 216768 View attachment 216769 View attachment 216770

My home for a few days. I took advantage of the tree's shade, and driving in the 5 mile two-track trail is another testimony for why I have this small 17' Jayco Baja trailer. I can get it any where I can get my truck.
View attachment 216771

The creek behind camp.
View attachment 216772

Some pics from one of the places I was glassing for critters (and hiding from the sun).
View attachment 216773 View attachment 216774 View attachment 216775

I've got some good Swarovski bino's and spotting scope, and this is a good example of why good glass is important. Of course I'm not hunting hawks, but from camp I was watching some birds of prey doing their thing, hunting. This guy was probably a mile or so away, and I had my 20x-60x scope turned all the way up to the max 60 power zoom to take this picture with my cell phone. Yup, my cell phone. I've gotten pretty good at doing it, but I should really invest in a bracket vice free-handing the thing up to the eye piece of the scope. No pictures of the elk though. The heat mirage at those spots was too much for good pics.
View attachment 216776
That's beautiful!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
92 Posts
Damn that looks tasty! Where in Asia? I assume this was taken in Japan...?
While I have plenty of food pics from Asian countries and cuisine, this is my kitchen counter. :LOL: Granted, the city I live in is almost 35-40% Asian, with Chinese being the most, followed in a tie with Japanese and Korean. So we have an abundant selection of tasty Asian foods to choose from. This is from a small take out place and I cannot believe the quality of the fish and it actually rivals some of that we had in Japan. While my wife is Chinese, our favorite vacations have been in Japan. The food and country are both amazing. Speaking of which, below is some of the fabulous beef we had in Osaka. The next two pics were from Mt. Kongo where I was finally able to take my daughter fishing after being unable to find a place at home because of the droughts. She caught a few trout and one salmon. The place then fried up the trout and sliced up the salmon as Sashimi. It was fresh-water so the flavor is a bit different and they gave us salt and oil to dip it in. That's about as fresh as it gets. 😍

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
While I have plenty of food pics from Asian countries and cuisine, this is my kitchen counter. :LOL: Granted, the city I live in is almost 35-40% Asian, with Chinese being the most, followed in a tie with Japanese and Korean. So we have an abundant selection of tasty Asian foods to choose from. This is from a small take out place and I cannot believe the quality of the fish and it actually rivals some of that we had in Japan. While my wife is Chinese, our favorite vacations have been in Japan. The food and country are both amazing. Speaking of which, below is some of the fabulous beef we had in Osaka. The next two pics were from Mt. Kongo where I was finally able to take my daughter fishing after being unable to find a place at home because of the droughts. She caught a few trout and one salmon. The place then fried up the trout and sliced up the salmon as Sashimi. It was fresh-water so the flavor is a bit different and they gave us salt and oil to dip it in. That's about as fresh as it gets. 😍

View attachment 216782
View attachment 216783
View attachment 216784
Love it all! We lived in Okinawa for 3 years... I really grew a liking to the food over there!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
@KodiakMustang is it bear season across the country? We have some friend that are near hunting as well. Nineties in the mountains doesn’t sound good. Any luck with the pan?

Reactions: DKnight

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,458 Posts
@KodiakMustang is it bear season across the country? We have some friend that are near hunting as well. Nineties in the mountains doesn’t sound good. Any luck with the pan?
Not sure about seasons across the country, but Spring bear season is still open until June 30th here in Idaho. Of course I am looking for a bear with a good hide and hopefully tasty meat. The hide I can see before shooting, but most bears aren’t too fond of giving a meat sample in advance. So I am hoping for a tasty bear if I shoot one.

Panning gave me no gold, but I got about a dozen small pieces of red gem material that I will ask a friend (rock expert) to identify. I also got a pyrite laden piece of stone about the size of a dime. There was a lot of gold flashing from pyrite pieces, but I ignored those since they weren’t real gold. Time spent was fun and very refreshing standing in the cold stream water!

·
Registered
2020 GT500 FPB Handling Package
100 Posts
Installed my rock blockers, master cylinder cover and strut top covers.
I have to say I’m not crazy about the figment on the strut covers. I’ll probably end up doing something with different Velcro.
View attachment 216185 View attachment 216186 View attachment 216187 View attachment 216188 View attachment 216189 View attachment 216190
Unironically, I rock 2 sets of rock blockers at a time. I know a set of one wont fall. However with two, you block most of the fine dirt your pick up as well! Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Yesterday I spent a good four hours fully detailing my car, inside and out. I also took it upon myself to remove the rain tray for the first time and boy does it make a huge difference! Not sure if it's my scoliosis but removal definitely makes the lower back sore. Not looking forward to installing it before next wash :LOL:

Hopefully it'll be a few weeks - but pollen is still out, we shall see!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,658 Posts
Yesterday I spent a good four hours fully detailing my car, inside and out. I also took it upon myself to remove the rain tray for the first time and boy does it make a huge difference! Not sure if it's my scoliosis but removal definitely makes the lower back sore. Not looking forward to installing it before next wash :LOL:

Hopefully it'll be a few weeks - but pollen is still out, we shall see! View attachment 216789
Use a duster and detail spray as long as you can before the next required wash. You can always put towels down on the engine when washing vs. the tray. Just don’t spray the hose with a lot of water in the vent.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Use a duster and detail spray as long as you can before the next required wash. You can always put towels down on the engine when washing vs. the tray. Just don’t spray the hose with a lot of water in the vent.
That's the plan! Going to try and keep it as sharp as possible for this weekends show!

·
Premium Member
743 Posts
Unironically, I rock 2 sets of rock blockers at a time. I know a set of one wont fall. However with two, you block most of the fine dirt your pick up as well! Just some food for thought.
That's a thought --- I have noticed I've traded racks for sand/dirt pooling up there.

Nice --- I haven't removed mine yet. And it's not just you --- installing my oil separator was a lot of work - sit - work - sit avoiding overstressing my back (still getting over hurting it a month ago).

·
Premium Member
743 Posts

Hopefully it'll be a few weeks - but pollen is still out, we shall see! View attachment 216789
Gah --- that was my attempt at correcting my quote gonna be one of those days.

14341 - 14360 of 14454 Posts