Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

13941 - 13960 of 14014 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500
696 Posts
Got some things done before ShelbyFest
View attachment 215136
Found out there was already an adapter on the shifter for the black ball, so then it was easy to get the new one on.
View attachment 215137
Got the connections for the Battery Tender, as I discovered 3 weeks of sitting is enough to drain the battery. So now it's a lot easier to connect it when I park it in the garage.
Is your battery oriented correctly? I can't remember how my 2008 was but it seems every picture of engine compartments the battery is turned 180°. Posts toward the front of the car. Maybe I'm having another senior moment... o_O

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,948 Posts
…...The people I care about call me "Gramps", and I just don't mind ...
Well that is nice, 'Gramps'

I always wanted to call someone that !

Have yourself a good one Gramps.

See ya soon!

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
Is your battery oriented correctly? I can't remember how my 2008 was but it seems every picture of engine compartments the battery is turned 180°. Posts toward the front of the car. Maybe I'm having another senior moment... o_O
No idea. I would when it was replaced in Jan at the dealer that they put it in correctly.

Reactions: Jus Cruisin

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
321 Posts
Took tomorrow afternoon off to get windshield replaced. Gotta love those 12-5 appointment times.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts
Well, today, I put an answer in '19's SF sign thread, instead of the current '21 …

Does that count !

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,688 Posts
I think they reversed them on the newer cars, not sure if it started in '10 or '11. Saves them 6" of cable...

Reactions: Jus Cruisin

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue (Base)
73 Posts
Nice Shoutout to @Goose17 from Stang Mode on his GT500 YouTube video showing how to check the engine for the Ford recall....I wont get into it with his videos but he is SOL IMO with what he did with his car.

·
Premium Member
2012/2013 Hybrid
7,351 Posts
Nice Shoutout to @Goose17 from Stang Mode on his GT500 YouTube video showing how to check the engine for the Ford recall....I wont get into it with his videos but he is SOL IMO with what he did with his car.
Not to mention that if he replaced his cams, his intaller would have removed and reinstalled the cam tensioner in question. It would be hard to prove his mods would not have been a violation of the warranty coverage starting with the tune. Should be a short phone call to Ford.

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 base + handling pack
517 Posts
Not to mention that if he replaced his cams, his intaller would have removed and reinstalled the cam tensioner in question. It would be hard to prove his mods would not have been a violation of the warranty coverage starting with the tune. Should be a short phone call to Ford.
I'm pretty sure I remember watching an earlier vid where he was getting new cams.
I've never been a mod guy, but I always assumed that this was just one of the things you accepted past a certain point - mods = no OEM warranty.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
31,646 Posts
Just removed my brakes... and I have to load the car tomorrow for Shelbyfest! 😬

FCCFA7EC-1453-4B3B-B9A6-36D43C62408A.jpeg
7E42FC45-D55C-4049-9947-8A301F27AF41.jpeg

Reactions: DKnight

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
82 Posts
Maybe. Just received an email saying it is now back ordered until September?!?!? This is from Ford Performance.

Seriously, they only made so many of these cars. If someone could not plan for this then someone needs to be fired.
Confirmed that Ford Performance does not know what they are doing. After receiving an Order confirmed email, it is anything but and I am not getting the part. Really don't know how that is possible.

·
Premium Member
5,948 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
217 Posts
Confirmed that Ford Performance does not know what they are doing. After receiving an Order confirmed email, it is anything but and I am not getting the part. Really don't know how that is possible.
I'm in the same boat, confirmed email, they took the payment and after inquiring several times the said they are refunding payments because the supply was less then the demand.
Not impressed with Ford performance customer service, they are seriously hard to reach.

Reactions: Toothless

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
82 Posts
I'm in the same boat, confirmed email, they took the payment and after inquiring several times the said they are refunding payments because the supply was less then the demand.
Not impressed with Ford performance customer service, they are seriously hard to reach.
Needless to say I did respond to the "please submit this quick form to rate your shopping experience." link in the so-called confirmation email. :sneaky:

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
There is something wrong with you !

So the pads may be a bit worn... they only slow you down !!!!

Ewwww, O-my....look at them Studs, I has lug-stud-envy... LOL......
Tim, you are going to put them on-right?🤪
2x mods and the fronts are back on... the rears will happen shortly.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
857 Posts
I got my brakes (slotted/drilled rotors and pads), even the lost set, but going to wait to install, when I had tires off and up the air doing struts/shocks, still had some life, now maybe after fun run, might be different story.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,646 Posts
I have no where near the skills Goose has so this is all I did today. Opened my order from Shelby America!

View attachment 215200
Love the mug! 🤟

I worked all day/evening on the car and just stopped for today... this is how I left my brakes... I have a lot of work tomorrow! Plus I have to teach martial arts all evening... then on the road first thing Wednesday morning with either the CFTP (if it’s ready) or some other Mustang.

Reactions: msirach
13941 - 13960 of 14014 Posts