Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

13581 - 13600 of 13678 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Velocity Blue GT500, Handling Pkg, Tech Pkg
59 Posts
Got my garage floor done with epoxy. Came out looking good.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,711 Posts
Got my garage floor done with epoxy. Came out looking good.
I hope they acid washed it and let it dry really well before putting the epoxy down.
Scrubbing down the surface of a driven on stained concrete with a Muratic Acid solution and letting it dry for several days needs to be done on a older concrete to get a good adhesion. Sometimes I have even them come in with a grinder to prep the surface.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
Currently “doing!” Coolant flush fill in both systems:

·
Registered
2020 Velocity Blue GT500, Handling Pkg, Tech Pkg
59 Posts
I hope they acid washed it and let it dry really well before putting the epoxy down.
Scrubbing down the surface of a driven on stained concrete with a Muratic Acid solution and letting it dry for several days needs to be done on a older concrete to get a good adhesion. Sometimes I have even them come in with a grinder to prep the surface.
Yeah they used a grinder on it

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
Well just not what I did today, but I finished today.
I spent three days just cleaning my garage, I had been working on Slimmer and had tools,and parts and 'stuff' everywhere.
You have to know it was bad when it takes nearly three days to pick everything up, put it all away where it belongs, clean and sweep the entire garage out. I have learned one thing tough... If you have always wanted a large garage for all the toyz and tools... AND you get it, you soon realize it gets full quickly and then you wish you had even more room!!!!

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
Worked outside, beautiful day. Don’t get many this early up here. Part of the work was summarizing the snowblower. Thats just asking for a large snowfall.
Ha, I was walking the dog a while ago and there were two snowblowers in driveways getting run out of gas. I put a new scraper blade (EGO) on mine and it's good to go for next year. Swapped the rubber winter floormats for carpet in the F150 today. Broke out the flip flops. I'm ready for this warm weather. Not staying around though. I'm pretty close to Lake St Clair and it's not even 40° and that keeps us cooler than official Detroit temps. Detroit will show 80 for the high and we'll end up at 73 or 74. Still plenty nice.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
Ha, I would have gone into sales mode and see if I could set the hook on that previous owner and make a couple of bucks. I've never owned a car or truck that couldn't be bought. If someone has to have it and will belly up to the bar. It's gone. More often than not, I'm the one getting bored and brooming what I have. I someone walked up to me today and asked if the Mustang is for sale. My pat answer is, "It's always for sale..... for a price."
Dont need the $$$. So will let her go when tired of it. That may be awhile.

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
I didn't want to tell you this the other day, but I was the second dealer transfer agent of that car ...... I ran the ever-lovin' piss out of it just before the train hit it, and then after it fell off the tow truck on the overpass into the creek, I figured it was a write-off ..... I guess the body shop did a good job on the repairs ....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for being careful with her!!!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 performance white
789 Posts
Well my sissy ass-as it pertains to needles and the likes-got a bad phobia on that stuff for some unknown reason, got my covid shot, the one shot J&J, barely survived...😬

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
Has the Masters app open a lot today. Now it's on ESPN. It'll be the majority of my TV time this weekend. I tried to get tickets through the Masters lottery for about 15 years. Never got lucky.

Reactions: JSHACK

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Has the Masters app open a lot today. Now it's on ESPN. It'll be the majority of my TV time this weekend. I tried to get tickets through the Masters lottery for about 15 years. Never got lucky.
Hard tickets to get, would love to go, my brother got tickets to a practice round, brought me back a golf towel, had another friend go to practice round as well, maybe one day...would really love to play it, but that would be only in my dreams...have played Pebble, Spyglass and a couple of really nice courses on Kauai. Brother played TPC Sawgrass, so getting a couple well knowns in there, weather getting right and things are blooming.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,339 Posts
Well my sissy ass-as it pertains to needles and the likes-got a bad phobia on that stuff for some unknown reason, got my covid shot, the one shot J&J, barely survived...😬
Please don’t tell anyone about this at the same time that you tell them you own and drive a Shelby GT500. I have an image to keep up! 😉😂

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
66 Posts
I got the J&J as well, had about six hours of fever (moderate) but sever muscle pains, not "aches" as the brochure said but serious pain, and then tired as hell for another 36 hours. After that, back to normal.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I got the J&J as well, had about six hours of fever (moderate) but sever muscle pains, not "aches" as the brochure said but serious pain, and then tired as hell for another 36 hours. After that, back to normal.
I'll see what happens to me, drove 35 minutes s.e. from Olive Branch to Potts Camp, Ms. Pulled up in small parking lot, called and they came out, waited 15 minutes and my chauffeur drove me home, no side effects yet after 7 hours🤞.

·
Registered
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue (Base)
70 Posts
I had a little touch of paint added to her today....heading on a spirited cruise down to Watkins Glen on Saturday with others for opening weekend around the Glen. Weather looks great and I can't wait to take her around the track for the first time!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
I had a little touch of paint added to her today....heading on a spirited cruise down to Watkins Glen on Saturday with others for opening weekend around the Glen. Weather looks great and I can't wait to take her around the track for the first time!

View attachment 213798 View attachment 213799
Sexy as hell Chris!

Speaking of “tracking,” I just came in from making race car sounds in the garage!

13581 - 13600 of 13678 Posts