Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

13561 - 13580 of 13678 Posts

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
168 Posts
I changed the oil in the 2020 yesterday. Did it myself, I dont trust the dealers around me.
It was supposed to be at 1,000 miles but ended up at 1,400 :oops: ......oops

Thanks Tim for the Oil Change Video, made it easier of what to expect.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
30,848 Posts
I changed the oil in the 2020 yesterday. Did it myself, I dont trust the dealers around me.

View attachment 213567
Excellent! Glad to help!

What I did today: woke up early to see the sun rise.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
I actually drove my Mustang yesterday. First time since October. I love Michigan.... :mad:

Anyway, I like the sound of the mufflers I installed during the winter. At idle after initial start up, they sound stockish. I'm happy with that. Accelerate, they have the bark of the Roush Off Roads I had on the last 2 Roush Mustangs (2008 and 2013). I'm pretty sure the car would be obnoxiously loud with headers. Headers are not on my radar so I'm good.

·
Registered
2020 GT500 and 2008 GT500
168 Posts
These are the mufflers.
I put Borla Touring's on my 08 after deleting the cats and installing an "H" pipe. Nice throaty sound at idle and it gets progressively meaner as the rpm's go up but not obnoxiously loud at WOT.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,711 Posts

For those of intererest see the link below...
Specialy convienent for people that live out a bit remote from the big cities!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,848 Posts
Saw both the sunrise and sunset today from the same view.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
Placed an order from Big Worm Graphix. My matte black fender GT500 lettering just doesn't work. Because that area turns under enough that there is no reflection so unless your on the ground it's invisible. I wasn't thinking.... Grrr.

I decided to go gloss red as I painted the faux gas cap lettering red. Oh well.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
30,848 Posts
Placed an order from Big Worm Graphix. My matte black fender GT500 lettering just doesn't work. Because that area turns under enough that there is no reflection so unless your on the ground it's invisible. I wasn't thinking.... Grrr.

I decided to go gloss red as I painted the faux gas cap lettering red. Oh well.
That will look HOT! How about same color on your calipers...?

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13,572
New plugs and fuel filter ordered for 'Old Girl. She was overdue at 60,000+ miles.

Motorcraft SP471 plugs
Motorcraft FG-1083 filter

$43.65 shipped from Rock Auto.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
213 Posts
Hit the Walgreens up the street from the office for easter sale candy, and they were pretty cleaned out. No chocolate bunnies to be seen. That's a bummer.

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
858 Posts
That’s a lot of cars! Sorry I missed it.
I forgot to mention that a guy came up to me and told me he was the original owner of the car. Kind of a strange, awkward moment, really. He was looking it over, noticed I had left the electric cut-outs on the car, but also noticed the stock springs were back on the car and mentioned how well I have been keeping the car up. The guy in the dark green '67 Mustang next to me noticed the gaze that this fellow had while looking our 2013 over. He said it was a longing gaze, as though he wished he still had the car. He traded it in on a new GT350, which he had in attendance. It was a nice car, but there were 2 others just like it there. He stated that our silver with red stripes is a very rare bear. I was glad that he still cared about the car. I assured him that it is definitely babied now and in good hands.

·
Premium Member
KEN (#1) 2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible Stripe Delete w/some Stripes
5,711 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500
645 Posts
I forgot to mention that a guy came up to me and told me he was the original owner of the car. Kind of a strange, awkward moment, really. He was looking it over, noticed I had left the electric cut-outs on the car, but also noticed the stock springs were back on the car and mentioned how well I have been keeping the car up. The guy in the dark green '67 Mustang next to me noticed the gaze that this fellow had while looking our 2013 over. He said it was a longing gaze, as though he wished he still had the car. He traded it in on a new GT350, which he had in attendance. It was a nice car, but there were 2 others just like it there. He stated that our silver with red stripes is a very rare bear. I was glad that he still cared about the car. I assured him that it is definitely babied now and in good hands.
Ha, I would have gone into sales mode and see if I could set the hook on that previous owner and make a couple of bucks. I've never owned a car or truck that couldn't be bought. If someone has to have it and will belly up to the bar. It's gone. More often than not, I'm the one getting bored and brooming what I have. I someone walked up to me today and asked if the Mustang is for sale. My pat answer is, "It's always for sale..... for a price."

·
Premium Member
6,932 Posts
I forgot to mention that a guy came up to me and told me he was the original owner of the car. Kind of a strange, awkward moment, really.
I didn't want to tell you this the other day, but I was the second dealer transfer agent of that car ...... I ran the ever-lovin' piss out of it just before the train hit it, and then after it fell off the tow truck on the overpass into the creek, I figured it was a write-off ..... I guess the body shop did a good job on the repairs ....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
326 Posts
Well it’s spring break here in sc kids are out of school for the week so I took half a day from the office to go enjoy the weather and residual mud with the clones

13561 - 13580 of 13678 Posts