Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

12601 - 12620 of 12757 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,700 Posts
Made this great discovery today after having to refill the tire twice in five days. Kept looking for something but finally found it. Should be a single tire change since I only have 2800 on the car and tread wear diff should not be an issue. 2021 is off to a good start. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 209589
Good that you found it!

Reactions: Toothless

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Made this great discovery today after having to refill the tire twice in five days. Kept looking for something but finally found it. Should be a single tire change since I only have 2800 on the car and tread wear diff should not be an issue. 2021 is off to a good start. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 209589
.......... WELL ...... RAT-FOCK ....... !!!!!! :(

·
Registered
2011 GT500
396 Posts

View attachment 209589
Unless you are figuring on racing/tracking, I would plug it. I've plugged Corvette tires (mine seemed to be nail/screw magnets) probably a half dozen times over the years along with countless truck tires. Never had a plug fail.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
52 Posts
Unless you are figuring on racing/tracking, I would plug it. I've plugged Corvette tires (mine seemed to be nail/screw magnets) probably a half dozen times over the years along with countless truck tires. Never had a plug fail.
I was thinking about it but with the screw right on the edge of the tread-wall I was hesitant as was the shop. Had it been even 1/4 of an inch in then I would have gone for it. While I have no plans for tracking the car, I do have a lot of mountains in the area I like to drive with enthusiasm (except the snowy ones now). :sneaky:

Thanks for the input though as it's good to know from real experience. It's been several years since I had the issue and remember back when they would not even plug z-rated tires.

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
870 Posts
Was on eBay trying to find some rare Shelby pieces and found this pretty cool paperweight. Figured I’d share. No doubt this has Tim’s @Goose17 name all over it lol.
just want to say I have no connection to this,only sharing

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
36,462 Posts
Was on eBay trying to find some rare Shelby pieces and found this pretty cool paperweight. Figured I’d share. No doubt this has Tim’s @Goose17 name all over it lol.
just want to say I have no connection to this,only sharing

Thanks for thinking of me Joe! I actually had 3 of them. I got one at the Vegas unveiling event. One came with the “sorry the first batch of cars is delayed” letter and my sales lady gave me one. I sold one of them... two people on FB got in a bidding war over it (early on, before these were readily available). Let’s just say I did well. The other two are hanging on my garage wall.

Reactions: Buttinz

·
Registered
2011 GT500
396 Posts
We had sunshine for the first time this year and it made it to a smokin hot 40° this afternoon. So... I uncovered the Mustang, unhooked the Battery Tender and fired it up. Backed it out of the gsrage, low tire pressure lit up. Let it sit and idle while I added air to the tires. Then took it for a lap around the sub and put it away. Had to go inside and sit down for a bit after such excitement. ;)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,462 Posts
We had sunshine for the first time this year and it made it to a smokin hot 40° this afternoon. So... I uncovered the Mustang, unhooked the Battery Tender and fired it up. Backed it out of the gsrage, low tire pressure lit up. Let it sit and idle while I added air to the tires. Then took it for a lap around the sub and put it away. Had to go inside and sit down for a bit after such excitement. ;)
Glad you got your “Shelby fix!”

Make sure to stay out of boost if you have old gas in the tank. Even with stabilizer.

I am in Charlotte NC... out for dinner. The bar/restaurant has a last call at 8:45 and must close at 10:00 per their governor’s decree. Apparently coronavirus comes out at 10:00. I hope I make it back to my hotel before the virus comes out.

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
232 Posts

Make sure to stay out of boost if you have old gas in the tank. Even with stabilizer.

I am in Charlotte NC... out for dinner. The bar/restaurant has a last call at 8:45 and must close at 10:00 per their governor’s decree. Apparently coronavirus comes out at 10:00. I hope I make it back to my hotel before the virus comes out.
Cross over to rock hill sc nowhere near as bad and only 15 minutes from airport. I’m about 35 minutes from rock hill myself

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,462 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,562 Posts

I

Our gov is a moron Tim! Get this stupid crap, he made an executive order that it was ok that bars can do "drinks to go" to counter the rev loss due to the close at 10 crap.

·
Premium Member
2008 Metalic Vista Blue Convertible
6,215 Posts
I

Our gov is a moron Tim! Get this stupid crap, he made an executive order that it was ok that bars can do "drinks to go" to counter the rev loss due to the close at 10 crap.
Now that is idiocy !

Reactions: ihaterice

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
36,462 Posts
I

I find it quite silly/illogical. What happens differently in a bar or restaurant at 11:00 pm that isn’t already happening at 9:00 pm...? The governor instituted a curfew that I can only assume was based on morals like a parent would to a teenage daughter. It has zero affect on the virus.

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,562 Posts
I find it quite silly/illogical. What happens differently in a bar or restaurant at 11:00 pm that isn’t already happening at 9:00 pm...? The governor instituted a curfew that I can only assume was based on morals like a parent would to a teenage daughter. It has zero affect on the virus.

You are correct!!! This guy has done other stupid crap like this during storms etc. Like the mandatory evac during Florence (We are 50 miles inland) that caused us to black out the pulp mill and totally evac it during the storm that caused millions of dollars of damage and me and my other brothers working four weeks straight (16 hour days) to get the damn place running again. First time in the 40 year history that we ever had to shut all power off and leave the mill. Been through allot worse storms without issue.

12601 - 12620 of 12757 Posts