·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,191 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,730 Posts
Time for my annual whitetail hunt report.

I'm back from this year's whitetail hunt, and it was a bugger! Mother Nature was NOT nice to us. We arrived to 8" of fresh snow, and we were up over a foot before it got a little warmer turning it to about 8" of slush. Only way to get around was to chain up all four tires, and even then it was slow going. I couldn't get to the areas I scouted in August, which was disappointing, but I found a couple new areas that were promising. Then I couldn't get to those spots when the Forest Service roads got even worse. With two days left in the season, I drove up the mountain in 2 hours, which normally takes 30 minutes, and then I was successful in seeing a buck and doe before they saw me while I was hiking into a calling spot. It was satisfying to see them first while hiking through snow, and then I called the buck in closer. He certainly isn't a monster, but I decided it was time to shoot with all the challenges I overcame and only two days left in the season. Then I made a challenging 30 yard shot through an opening in brush and trees with my Marlin lever action 44 mag. So he's a form of a trophy due to how tough it was to get him and not how big his rack is. Even tracking him after the shot was hard because there wasn't a single drop of blood until I followed him about 30 yards through some thick cedars. Because a lot of the woods had warmed up enough to melt the snow off the forest's floor, tracking wasn't as easy as it would have been in snow. Should be some tender meat.

None-the-less, whitetail camp with friends is always a fun adventure!

IMG_2813.jpg

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
700 Posts
Time for my annual whitetail hunt report.

I'm back from this year's whitetail hunt, and it was a bugger! Mother Nature was NOT nice to us. We arrived to 8" of fresh snow, and we were up over a foot before it got a little warmer turning it to about 8" of slush. Only way to get around was to chain up all four tires, and even then it was slow going. I couldn't get to the areas I scouted in August, which was disappointing, but I found a couple new areas that were promising. Then I couldn't get to those spots when the Forest Service roads got even worse. With two days left in the season, I drove up the mountain in 2 hours, which normally takes 30 minutes, and then I was successful in seeing a buck and doe before they saw me while I was hiking into a calling spot. It was satisfying to see them first while hiking through snow, and then I called the buck in closer. He certainly isn't a monster, but I decided it was time to shoot with all the challenges I overcame and only two days left in the season. Then I made a challenging 30 yard shot through an opening in brush and trees with my Marlin lever action 44 mag. So he's a form of a trophy due to how tough it was to get him and not how big his rack is. Even tracking him after the shot was hard because there wasn't a single drop of blood until I followed him about 30 yards through some thick cedars. Because a lot of the woods had warmed up enough to melt the snow off the forest's floor, tracking wasn't as easy as it would have been in snow. Should be some tender meat.

None-the-less, whitetail camp with friends is always a fun adventure!

View attachment 208092
Congratulations Mike! Glad to see you were able to exercise your tag. I shot one this past Monday evening on my property. He come up right behind me 10 yards away. Shot him with my muzzleloader.
D8C0BD6D-4EB8-44C4-9369-E914F4B12A3F.jpeg

D61F19EF-9AC7-478A-9F1E-1CE0223831B1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Reactions: Rjstevens

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,268
Doing alittle work on garage.Rough cut wood on walls and rusty tin on the ceiling View attachment 208118
Now I know why you are interested in the Brush Crusher. Nice little 3025. Great bang for the buck. Basically my 2520 on a bigger frame.

If you kill time on YT, check out Indy Farm Life.

Reactions: Fordperformance

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,322 Posts
What was the reason to go so high ??
Light cargo load allowed for a higher flight level to conserve gas. The air is thinner the higher you fly. Keeping the air/fuel ratio constant, you burn less gas in thinner air. We normally cruise around between 32,000 and 38,000 feet. I haven’t been to 40,000’ very often.

I did go to 40,000 feet in Air Force pilot training in a T-38 on a supersonic flight. You get one flight over Mach-1... you go up to 40k, light the blowers, lower the nose and go supersonic. It’s called the “zoom-boom” ride!

·
Registered
2011 GT500
163 Posts
Fixing to sit inside and watch the snow come down today. Not going to amount to much of anything. The only reason for me to go outside today will be to let Bear out for a walk.
20201122_083855.jpg
20201107_104506.jpg

Didn't realize there are two "Bears" in the pic. My chainsaw bear is in the pic, too.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,266 Posts
O

Our Rescue Ruthie catching a sunbeam...
View attachment 208124
That's great ... my dog used to come sit by my chair and stare at me until I got up and opened the front door to let the sunshine come through the glass storm door ... we used to call it her "sunbathing time". She'd lay there for about 15 minutes until she got hot (black dog) and then come back in and lay by the air register ... pretty much 'cycled' that way through most of the sunny days. Good memories. Thanks for sharing that pic !! :)

·
Premium Member
8,266 Posts
I did go to 40,000 feet in Air Force pilot training in a T-38 on a supersonic flight. You get one flight over Mach-1... you go up to 40k, light the blowers, lower the nose and go supersonic. It’s called the “zoom-boom” ride!
I watch some military fly around 40,000 every now and then when I'm viewing the military flights on COMSEC on the MonkeyWerx channel. Very interesting watching all different kinds of flights going on around the world. I learned the other day that a U2 at 60,000 ft. can actually view your cell phone screen with clarity ... wow. Don't know if you've ever watched some of his stuff ... here's the latest one I watched....

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Pulled the old girl out (2011, not the wife). We had a date night... dinner and a movie. It was the 1st movie we have gone to since early this year. The place was a ghost town. There was only one other couple in our theater.

On the way home, an SUV loaded with teens pulled up along side eyeballing the car. I gave them a 3rd gear pull show!🏎

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,322 Posts
Spent all afternoon with @NerdyStats racing his stock 2013 against my stock 2020. We raced many, many times from a dig and rolling. I won some and lost some and had a frigg’n BLAST doing it. We even got seat time in each other’s cars. Thanks Jeff for an EPIC afternoon!

Time to edit all the crazy footage together.

·
Registered
'13 GT500 - Red Candy Metallic w/ White Stripes
56 Posts
Spent all afternoon with @NerdyStats racing his stock 2013 against my stock 2020. We raced many, many times from a dig and rolling. I won some and lost some and had a frigg’n BLAST doing it. We even got seat time in each other’s cars. Thanks Jeff for an EPIC afternoon!

Time to edit all the crazy footage together.
The pleasure was mine, Tim! Beautiful day and two seriously badass rides.

12261 - 12280 of 12319 Posts