Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,196 Posts
Reactions: Towerman30

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,734 Posts
I changed the oil & filter in my Shelby today, and then I drained the Bob's oil separator. That made me think about posting a little public service announcement in light of the fact that we have quite a few new members on here. The new 2020 GT500 owners are already covered, but the owners of all the other GT500 production years need to make sure you get an oil separator to keep the oil out of your blowers. Here's a couple pictures of the oil that my separator kept out of the SC. For those of you without a separator, just think about what your blower and intercooler look like with this oil going in there. My guess is I got about 2 tablespoons today.

IMG_2788.jpg
IMG_2789.jpg

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
34 Posts
I changed the oil & filter in my Shelby today, and then I drained the Bob's oil separator. That made me think about posting a little public service announcement in light of the fact that we have quite a few new members on here. The new 2020 GT500 owners are already covered, but the owners of all the other GT500 production years need to make sure you get an oil separator to keep the oil out of your blowers. Here's a couple pictures of the oil that my separator kept out of the SC. For those of you without a separator, just think about what your blower and intercooler look like with this oil going in there. My guess is I got about 2 tablespoons today.
Damn. Glad I got the 2020 then. I had a 2012 for four years and never knew I needed to install one.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
35,370 Posts

View attachment 207697 View attachment 207698
Yes, a separator is a must have in these boosted cars. The 2020 OEM separator does not come on the base model unless you opt for the handling package.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
167 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
35,370 Posts
😀 Fleetwood Mac didn't have enough boom-boom base, or "talking (rapping) through a song". They could actually sing. I know, an odd thing for the youngins...
Rappers around the world owe it all to Deborah Harry! Who woulda thunk that a white woman invented rap back in 1980! :eek: 🤯

Reactions: ihaterice

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
815 Posts

View attachment 207697 View attachment 207698
You have your oil analyzed? I usually send mine in begin of season and end before put cars away.blackstone is awesome

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,734 Posts
N
You have your oil analyzed? I usually send mine in begin of season and end before put cars away.blackstone is awesome
Nah, it is what it is. I use Mobil 1 and a Napa Gold filter. I figure that’s doing my part to take care of the internals beyond the bigger HE and using some decent plugs.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
How did you get your car up on the stands. The rear is simple, but the front is a pita.
I have a jack that is a low profile and there are some metal plates that is the front subframe that comes back towards the front doors

I get the floor jack under that and once up get my jack stands and once the car is up i go to the rear
floor jack.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
We are upgrading from fast DSL ( 40mgs ) from century link to fiber optic @ 940 mgs

Obviously speed is increased dramatically and more important reliability as well

Its not like I live in a rural area but our residential street , well its just taken sometime to get high tech !

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We are upgrading from fast DSL ( 40mgs ) from century link to fiber optic @ 940 mgs

Obviously speed is increased dramatically and more important reliability as well

Its not like I live in a rural area but our residential street , well its just taken sometime to get high tech !
We are very rural and they finally ran fiber down our road. They've been working on it for the last couple of months and we were connected last week. Went from 4 Meg down to 500 and we'll probably spring for the extra $10 a month for 1 Gig. BIG difference. With my wife and I working at home a lot and my son coming home from UK for the next couple of months it couldn't have arrived at a better time.

·
Premium Member
2,517 Posts
We are very rural and they finally ran fiber down our road. They've been working on it for the last couple of months and we were connected last week. Went from 4 Meg down to 500 and we'll probably spring for the extra $10 a month for 1 Gig. BIG difference. With my wife and I working at home a lot and my son coming home from UK for the next couple of months it couldn't have arrived at a better time.
same here. though I am retired and wifey still works using zoom and she does have issues from time to time regarding speed. This will solve it

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,239

We got 1G up and running a few weeks back. 850Mbps feed from AT&T to my router. I see anywhwere from 110-400 on a device depending on location and number of devices connected. As you said, with the wife and I both working at home (I usually have at least 3 hours of web meetings) and Cooper's occasional movie streaming was dragging our old "50" Mbps service down quite a bit.

I think my Samsung mesh is my bottleneck. However, the router system I'd like to put in is around $500. Bit pricey just to get me over 150 consistently, when I don't really need anymore than that. If I was online gaming, I'd probably feel different.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
We got 1G up and running a few weeks back. 850Mbps feed from AT&T to my router. I see anywhwere from 110-400 on a device depending on location and number of devices connected. As you said, with the wife and I both working at home (I usually have at least 3 hours of web meetings) and Cooper's occasional movie streaming was dragging our old "50" Mbps service down quite a bit.

I think my Samsung mesh is my bottleneck. However, the router system I'd like to put in is around $500. Bit pricey just to get me over 150 consistently, when I don't really need anymore than that. If I was online gaming, I'd probably feel different.
We’ve had 500 for about a week and seeing about the same numbers when we test on the first floor. She just tested and got 210 down and 135 up. They installed the router on one end of the house and an extender on the other end. Still haven’t tested in the basement or the second floor. I tried to connect the garage door openers in the detached garage but no luck. Please tell me the system you’re referring to.

12221 - 12240 of 12320 Posts