Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

12141 - 12160 of 12202 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,160 Posts
Ha ha, yeah, I used to look forward to fall during my 28 years of Florida living. Now, one year into Michigan living and I'm dreading fall..... I now look at fall like I looked at Sunday afternoon when I was working. It's nice but depressing because of what's next...... Monday/winter...... Grrrrr.

I deep cleaned the grill, having the irrigation blown out next week. The Mustang is filled up and has Stabil 360 in the tank, covered and the Battery Tender is hooked up. I pulled the snowblower and snow shovel out of the storage bin. And maybe mow one more time and put the mower away until April. Yuck!
We moved here from FL 25 years ago. Wife grew up in Daytona Beach. I STILL hear it every fall! Had to get her a pool. It was closed Wednesday. I'll be installing the blade on the 4-wheeler soon. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
8,236 Posts
You didn't say 'where' you went shopping.....'The Dollar Store'?
😜
Salvation Army and the Goodwill store ... looking for some winter clothes before they get all "picked-over". I got a hole in one of my boots, but the other one is just fine, but haven't found just a single boot anywhere. Oh, and maybe a tire pressure gauge ... I got a tire that keeps goin' flat and nobody down by the river seems to have one, and the free-air pump at Fast-Stop, somebody broke the gauge. Life has just been tough lately. :(

·
Registered
2020 GT500 delivered 10/15/20, 2015 50th GT Conv.,39 Caddy Cp, 67 Caddy conv, 67 Vette roadster.
159 Posts
Finished loading the toy hauler today for the trip back to the Keys from our farm in Indiana. We picked up the Shelby on Thursday and booked the car for PPF in Boca Raton for Wed. or Thursday. I'll be pulling out of Indiana Tuesday.
The only time I got to drive it was 20 feet to load it in the trailer. I had the dealer fill the tires, take it out of factory mode, fill the windshield washer and install tiedown brackets that I bought on E Bay made by Ford Performance. They really hold the car nicely and I can cross tie it. I have about 2 1/2" between the car an the trailer fenders.
Can't wait to drive it after PPF. After I get it to Florida I have to fly back to Indiana and pick up my wife, the other truck, the horse trailer and all of our animals. Should finally be back to Florida by the end of the month. THEN I GET TO DRVE THE SHELBY!!!!!
Lou

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
2,008 Posts
Finished loading the toy hauler today for the trip back to the Keys from our farm in Indiana. We picked up the Shelby on Thursday and booked the car for PPF in Boca Raton for Wed. or Thursday. I'll be pulling out of Indiana Tuesday.
The only time I got to drive it was 20 feet to load it in the trailer. I had the dealer fill the tires, take it out of factory mode, fill the windshield washer and install tiedown brackets that I bought on E Bay made by Ford Performance. They really hold the car nicely and I can cross tie it. I have about 2 1/2" between the car an the trailer fenders.
Can't wait to drive it after PPF. After I get it to Florida I have to fly back to Indiana and pick up my wife, the other truck, the horse trailer and all of our animals. Should finally be back to Florida by the end of the month. THEN I GET TO DRVE THE SHELBY!!!!!
Lou
Glad you finally got that thing! I didn’t remember what color you ordered...looks fantastic!
To bad Ford took so long getting her built & delivered. I was hoping we could get the Indy Boys together again for a southern Indiana drive with you included. Maybe next spring or summer if you bring her back north.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
456 Posts
I got ours out Friday night and again on Saturday morning. Cooler weather benefits these cars. Detailed her a bit, filled her up at BP and enjoyed a cruise. So much fun! There are even a few people driving near us who smiled or gave us a thumbs up.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,814 Posts

·
Registered
Order in for Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
29 Posts
Reactions: Goose17

·
Registered
2019 GT350
641 Posts
Love the white vinyl Shelby lettering on that car....basically made up my mind I am going white vinyl lettering when I receive mine this fall after seeing these shots of your 350. I also wish the GT500 said GT500 on the side stripes like you have the GT350 on yours. Nice pics!
The side stripes are aftermarket - I got them from American Muscle and paid a local guy to put them on. GT350's didn't come with any which just felt wrong.

·
Registered
Order in for Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
29 Posts
The side stripes are aftermarket - I got them from American Muscle and paid a local guy to put them on. GT350's didn't come with any which just felt wrong.

I agree with you! The side stripes are nice but looks a bit weird to me without having the GT 350 in your case or the GT 500 stand out. After ordering my 500 with the side stripes I actually wish I didnt and went after market to get the GT 500 side stripes.

·
Registered
2011 GT500
90 Posts
GT 500 decals on the rocker. I wanted a "ghost" look and went with matte black. No side stripes for me. I had matte black on my Roush and wanted to do something similar. I might do hash stripes in the future.
20201022_124746~2.jpg
IMG_20120902_115719.jpg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,814 Posts
Reactions: Jus Cruisin

·
Registered
2020 GT500 delivered 10/15/20, 2015 50th GT Conv.,39 Caddy Cp, 67 Caddy conv, 67 Vette roadster.
159 Posts
I got the car to the PPF place in Boca Raton, Fl. yesterday. I screwed up and took both key fobs with me and didn't notice until I was almost to the Keys. I call to tell them and he said he needed to get the car that was behind ours out by noon today. I parked and unloaded the truck and trailer then I drove the 2015 GT back to Boca Raton at 9 pm. to bring the key back (238 miles round trip after 1200 miles from Indiana). I hid it outside and they got it today.
I'm flying back to Indiana on Saturday and will return next week with my wife, the horse and the rest of our critters. Then I can pick up the Shelby. It's been raining cats and dogs here in the Keys for days and I'm hoping it stops by next week so I can drive it. It took 14 months and two days since we ordered it. The neat thing is that the car was finished and started for the first time on my birth day. YEEE PEEE!!!!!.
Lou

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Today cleaned my 91 SHO and getting ready to change the struts and springs out for Tokico struts and Eibach lowering springs.

gen 1.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Nothing special going on today but I will add a story on what I did last thursday.

Last Thursday I got into the transportation business and hauled a 2020 Raptor to Fort Lauderdale. What a incredible truck !!!!

Though I retired 2 years ago with the dealer, I still kept active by doing fill in FI work until Covid 19 hit. I decided it wasnt worth the risk to be out in the public so I quit, Fast forward to last month the dealer asked If I would be a dealer trade driver and take cars to other dealerships and pick up the one that our dealer needed. Id be by my self just driving a car to another dealer and picking one up that we needed and bringing it back.

Well, they had this Raptor that was being transported to Ft. Lauderdale and the transport company bailed at the last minute and the our Ford store had promised delivery so they knew I had my bad boy F 350 crew cab dually 7.3 diesel Truck and we found a trailer I could borrow and I hauled it all the way to Ft Lauderdale. Plus papers had to be signed and who better to get the proper signatures than a retired FI director.

So I loaded the Raptor on the commercial trailer and hauled it all the way to Fort Lauderdale and made some decent money.

But on the way to Fort Lauderdale, in good weather on I 75 S, Im driving at a slow but consistent speed ( 63 mph ) in the far right lane, and all of sudden something caught my eye on the road a head was a 10' alum ladder that must have just fallen off a vehicle in front of me. It hadnt been hit yet but I was running right for it. I turned the wheel relatively sharp right towards the shoulder of the road to miss it, but at the last second slowed the the sharp turn because of the top heavy Raptor in tow behind me. Im pretty sure the truck just missed it but the trailer must have hit it for in my review mirror I see this alum ladder pretty much intact flying through the air behind me. I have no doubt that someone behind me definitely hit it and had some serious damage.

In my 3000 mile journey to get my SHO, I was lucky; had nothing even close to that happened.

Moral of this story, always stay alert, always scan ahead for potential issues that can damage our precious vehicles.

A 2020 GT500, or even earlier models, that ladder would have done some serious damage to our cars.

ladder.jpg

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,876 Posts
Nothing special going on today but I will add a story on what I did last thursday.

Last Thursday I got into the transportation business and hauled a 2020 Raptor to Fort Lauderdale. What a incredible truck !!!!

Though I retired 2 years ago with the dealer, I still kept active by doing fill in FI work until Covid 19 hit. I decided it wasnt worth the risk to be out in the public so I quit, Fast forward to last month the dealer asked If I would be a dealer trade driver and take cars to other dealerships and pick up the one that our dealer needed. Id be by my self just driving a car to another dealer and picking one up that we needed and bringing it back.

Well, they had this Raptor that was being transported to Ft. Lauderdale and the transport company bailed at the last minute and the our Ford store had promised delivery so they knew I had my bad boy F 350 crew cab dually 7.3 diesel Truck and we found a trailer I could borrow and I hauled it all the way to Ft Lauderdale. Plus papers had to be signed and who better to get the proper signatures than a retired FI director.

So I loaded the Raptor on the commercial trailer and hauled it all the way to Fort Lauderdale and made some decent money.

But on the way to Fort Lauderdale, in good weather on I 75 S, Im driving at a slow but consistent speed ( 63 mph ) in the far right lane, and all of sudden something caught my eye on the road a head was a 10' alum ladder that must have just fallen off a vehicle in front of me. It hadnt been hit yet but I was running right for it. I turned the wheel relatively sharp right but at the last second slowed the the sharp turn because of the top heavy Raptor in tow behind me. Im pretty sure the truck just missed it but the trailer must have hit it for in my review mirror I see this alum ladder pretty much intact flying through the air behind me. I have no doubt that someone behind me definitely hit it and had some serious damage.

In my 3000 mile journey to get my SHO, I was lucky; had nothing even close to that happened.

Moral of this story, always stay alert, always scan ahead for potential issues that can damage our precious vehicles.

A 2020 GT500, or even earlier models, that ladder would have done some serious damage to our cars.

View attachment 207245
Glad you're okay. That could have been ugly. Many drivers out on the road "Know" that something has fallen off their truck, etc. and do nothing about it! Someone else sustains vehicular damage, personal injury, or death?.. not their concern. Many times I've stopped and moved something dangerous to other vehicles out of a roadway. One more indication of how irresponsible people have become in this country. Again, glad you were able to dodge that bullet.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
"Nothing special going on today but I will add a story on what I did last thursday."

H**, how could I forget !!!!!

Nothing special going today ...... hell no !

TB w/ TB plays the raiders and if they wipe them off the map like they did with the Cheese Factory AKA Aaron Rogers than my vote for the favorite to win the Super Bowl will be TB!!

4pm GO BUCS

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Glad you're okay. That could have been ugly. Many drivers out on the road "Know" that something has fallen off their truck, etc. and do nothing about it! Someone else sustains vehicular damage, personal injury, or death?.. not their concern. Many times I've stopped and moved something dangerous to other vehicles out of a roadway. One more indication of how irresponsible people have become in this country. Again, glad you were able to dodge that bullet.

Absolutely Mike.

Didn't even get into this story, similar situation but driving North on I 75 near heading to St Pete to see the wife's parents.

Coming up to an overpass, I noticed a truck swerving hard right up a the top which put me in defense mode. As the truck that swerved cleared the lane I noticed a huge pole , about 4 inches thick, 8 ft tall at least and had a huge road sign attached to it sitting in the middle of the lane. It was already mangled up so a car or cars had already hit it.

I easily avoided it but as I crested the overpass sure enough I counted about 10 vehicles pulled over on the shoulder with there blinkers on with various damages from hitting the sign

ALWAYS be diligent when driving !!!

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,814 Posts

But on the way to Fort Lauderdale, in good weather on I 75 S, Im driving at a slow but consistent speed ( 63 mph ) in the far right lane, and all of sudden something caught my eye on the road a head was a 10' alum ladder that must have just fallen off a vehicle in front of me. It hadnt been hit yet but I was running right for it. I turned the wheel relatively sharp right towards the shoulder of the road to miss it, but at the last second slowed the the sharp turn because of the top heavy Raptor in tow behind me. Im pretty sure the truck just missed it but the trailer must have hit it for in my review mirror I see this alum ladder pretty much intact flying through the air behind me. I have no doubt that someone behind me definitely hit it and had some serious damage.

View attachment 207245
YIKES Don! :eek:

That could have been REALLY bad! Glad you and the vehicles survived intact!

12141 - 12160 of 12202 Posts