Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

12121 - 12140 of 12204 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I think it's a ten day home quarantine in our county. Glad animal control is involved. Exactly what you should have done. Make sure they follow up with you. You might ask them, "Has this dog's behavior or actions ever been reported in the past?" Did you have any further interaction with the mother? Were they extremely apologetic and offered to pay any medical bills? If you have an attorney friend who is not an ambulance chaser, it might be worth while to just bounce this situation off him/her to assure that your rights or expected compensation are explained. I just find this situation extremely irresponsible. Given that unprovoked behavior displayed by the dog, this incident may not be a surprise to the owner(s). The dog may have a history, which makes it even more unconscionable. As you well know, I'm a dyed in the wool dog lover, but owners of pets have a responsibility to control their pets. keep me posted, I'm still angry!
Mike my sentiments exactly!

Animal control never called me back so I am as I type on the phone with them.
My biggest concern was infection and based on how my arm looks today I think I am ok.
Get this, the DAM DOG wasnt up to date on its rabies shot !!!! However animal control also advised me that the dog had a history of rabies shot and that the current one just recently expired so I am not overly concerned.

I am on amoxicillin compliments of my orthopedic surgeon as of last monday so I think I will be fine.

I am going to wait for the 14 day quarantine to end and get a "all clear" from animal control than go to the owner of the dog and try to get my deductible for the meds and the deductible for my walk in clinic.

Will keep everyone up to date

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I'm so pissed, I cont evan tipe write .... I wuda shot da fockin' mutha ....... NOT THE DOG ... THE MUTHA !!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
In my reply to Mike, I deleted this statement

" Further reason to get my concealed weapons permit"

Even if I had a gun the dog bite still would have happened and I think shooting a dog after the fact wouldnt take well in court !

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,690 Posts
Glad to hear you are back up and running. I was thinking, you might have a phase protection monitor on your AC unit. That would be a good thing. Was it a power company issue, or a burned up compressor?
The monitor sacrificed itself and has to be replaced. They bypassed it temporarily to get the parts. In case anyone forgot, I lost power from Hurricane Laura six weeks ago. The contacts on the compressors fused together in between these two separate storm events and ran full tilt for 2 days when the unit froze up and nothing we were doing was stopping the compressors from running, until I figured out what was happening and cut power. Of course, that event was on a weekend too. My poor unit has experienced some trauma of late.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
678 Posts
The monitor sacrificed itself and has to be replaced. They bypassed it temporarily to get the parts. In case anyone forgot, I lost power from Hurricane Laura six weeks ago. The contacts on the compressors fused together in between these two separate storm events and ran full tilt for 2 days when the unit froze up and nothing we were doing was stopping the compressors from running, until I figured out what was happening and cut power. Of course, that event was on a weekend too. My poor unit has experienced some trauma of late.
Thanks for the update. Glad you’re back up and running!

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
Thanks for the update. Glad you’re back up and running!
No one is happier about than I am. The new monitor will be installed this afternoon. This hurricane season needs to end soon!

Even if I had a gun the dog bite still would have happened...
Perhaps not, but what if that dog decided, "Damn this is one tasty, ole, white dude, let me rip out his throat and save some of this for later." You just never know.

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Ordered a pair of "GT 500" decals for the lower fender/rocker on the car. I just wanted the letters without stripes. They're matte black so they're there just not in your face on the black car.

Thanks @Tightlines for the company. Big Worm Graphix
Good to hear Tim! Good luck putting them on, make sure your surface is CLEAN. I would also suggest trying to do it dry without water, only because you did the stencil and not the solid stripe. The stencil is hard to work with when wet as it doesn’t have enough surface to stick when wet.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
No one is happier about than I am. The new monitor will be installed this afternoon. This hurricane season needs to end soon!

Perhaps not, but what if that dog decided, "Damn this is one tasty, ole, white dude, let me rip out his throat and save some of this for later." You just never know.
On a serious note you’re absolutely correct.

I have been procrastinating for years getting a concealed weapons permit. I have been prive to insider info of what goes on in this town and other parts of the surrounding areas from a criminal standpoint

you see, My wife who Has a masters degree in criminal justice, work for the department of corrections for the state of Florida for 35 years and has been retired for two years. She was what was called a circuit administrator who was responsible for five counties and over 300 state probation officers. So I got all the inside information of all the bad guys and bad girls that are in our county and trust me when I tell you this there are some really nasty individuals that you just don’t wanna meet on a dark night by yourself without your friends, mr Smith and mr Wesson

·
Premium Member
7,690 Posts
On a serious note you’re absolutely correct.
I've had a concealed carry permit since Louisiana started issuing permits in 1996. I'd bet you there are three or four times as many people that took courses with intent to apply for a permit than followed through and got fingerprinted and submitted an application. Just do it. It's pretty painless. Lots of people tell me, but it's legal to keep a gun in my vehicle. I just tell 'em my truck doesn't fit in my pocket.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,160 Posts
My wife and I both have ours and one of us is always packing when we leave the house. Funny, it’s usually her(380LCP). 😊

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
Out doing some shopping today and ran across a new mid-engine Corvette in a blue color that made my head spin .... WOW .... not many cars get a reaction from me, but the color on this car was just outstanding. I know, I know .... it's just a Vette. Trying to figure out what the color is called by Chevrolet ... Elkhart Lake Blue ?? .... wow, it was sharp lookin'. Picture just doesn't do it justice ... in person, bright sunshine ... NICE !!!

·
Registered
2013 Shelby GT500
459 Posts
Out doing some shopping today and ran across a new mid-engine Corvette in a blue color that made my head spin .... WOW .... not many cars get a reaction from me, but the color on this car was just outstanding. I know, I know .... it's just a Vette. Trying to figure out what the color is called by Chevrolet ... Elkhart Lake Blue ?? .... wow, it was sharp lookin'. Picture just doesn't do it justice ... in person, bright sunshine ... NICE !!!

View attachment 206906
It is pretty! Since I am an old stuck-in-the-mud kinda guy, I will state up front that for Vettes, the engine should be in front!!!

·
Registered
2011 GT500
90 Posts
It is pretty! Since I am an old stuck-in-the-mud kinda guy, I will state up front that for Vettes, the engine should be in front!!!
I'm with you. GM should have continued the C7 and should have given the mid/rear engine "Corvette" a unique name. I started to see them regularly in September around here (Motor City).

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts

View attachment 206906
Besides, I don't 'think' that YOU would fit!

It is a pretty Blue however!

You didn't say 'where' you went shopping.....'The Dollar Store'?

😜

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,136
I believe there's a line, somewhere, between sticking to roots and pushing the innovation boundary as a product matures and ages. I'll tell you this, companies dedicate a lot of time, money, and labor into researching how they can innovate their product, get the upper hand on the competition, and win in the market.

I know the deep enthusiast crowd has a difficult time when we see drastic changes in the products we've come to know and love. However, you have to always remember, that we are merely a small percentage of the potential market these companies are shooting for. They also know that, with time, through attrition and "buttering up", those drastic changes that are not as popular will eventually become liked, preferred, or accepted. It's the natural product life cycle every brand will go through.

I see what it's like on a much different product (consumer good) at work every day. Countless meetings, multiple research events with consumers/professionals, collaboration between marketing, engineering and manufacturing, multiple product renditions over a 1-2 (sometimes 3) year period...

Not to mention the capital investment to produce said product. I currently have over $2 million dollars in the works to build two assembly lines for one plant for $200-$400 products. I'm also in the works of quoting a new production cell for another plant, and estimating it will hit the $3 Million+ mark on a sub-$300 product. I can only imagine the money automotive and medical manufacturers spend!

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts

View attachment 206906

Ive seen only one around town but wasnt able to get a good look at it

One very sexy car !!!

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I've had a concealed carry permit since Louisiana started issuing permits in 1996. I'd bet you there are three or four times as many people that took courses with intent to apply for a permit than followed through and got fingerprinted and submitted an application. Just do it. It's pretty painless. Lots of people tell me, but it's legal to keep a gun in my vehicle. I just tell 'em my truck doesn't fit in my pocket.

The saying " Being in the wrong place at the wrong time " hasnt happened yet but having a concealed weapon sure does make one feel more safe

·
Registered
2011 GT500
90 Posts
Aahhhhh! Fall is here!
Ha ha, yeah, I used to look forward to fall during my 28 years of Florida living. Now, one year into Michigan living and I'm dreading fall..... I now look at fall like I looked at Sunday afternoon when I was working. It's nice but depressing because of what's next...... Monday/winter...... Grrrrr.

I deep cleaned the grill, having the irrigation blown out next week. The Mustang is filled up and has Stabil 360 in the tank, covered and the Battery Tender is hooked up. I pulled the snowblower and snow shovel out of the storage bin. And maybe mow one more time and put the mower away until April. Yuck!

12121 - 12140 of 12204 Posts