Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

12101 - 12120 of 12204 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,876 Posts
That's big time irresponsible on the mother's part. I would hope they have offered to pay any and all medical bills for this unprovoked bite by their dog. They are very vulnerable for legal action by you. I would have been pissed! Does animal control issue any violation or quarantine the dog for ten days to assure he isn't infectious? I'm pissed about this and I'm not even affected!

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
Damn Don! You can’t win lately. The good news is your luck HAS to improve!
Should be smooth sailing from here on after, right Tim!

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
That's big time irresponsible on the mother's part. I would hope they have offered to pay any and all medical bills for this unprovoked bite by their dog. They are very vulnerable for legal action by you. I would have been pissed! Does animal control issue any violation or quarantine the dog for ten days to assure he isn't infectious? I'm pissed about this and I'm not even affected!
Mike

My wife was on the fence but I knew better and I did call animal control actually I dialed 911.

But the 911 dispatcher said it be better to call animal control. So they came out this morning And I took Them to the house where the mom and daughter live in the infamous dog That chased me down.

Mike the way it works here in our county, animal control puts the dog in a 14 day quarantine state but the dog is allowed to stay at the home and cannot go outside
I don’t know if the owner got any fines or things of that nature.
I think they did a test on the dog for rabies Even if it had a vaccine metal plate around the dogs necK, still in animal control Still makes sure he has no rabies.

Animal control stated they will call me to three days and advise me as to the status of that dog rabies or no rabies

you’re right the stuff is serious, I went into a walking clinic make sure I didn’t need stitches, I called my orthopedic surgeon and he prescribed amoxicillin smart that I called so I have a deductible that I had of meet, So Mike you’re right I’ve already incurred some minor expense but I hope that’s it no more

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,876 Posts
I think it's a ten day home quarantine in our county. Glad animal control is involved. Exactly what you should have done. Make sure they follow up with you. You might ask them, "Has this dog's behavior or actions ever been reported in the past?" Did you have any further interaction with the mother? Were they extremely apologetic and offered to pay any medical bills? If you have an attorney friend who is not an ambulance chaser, it might be worth while to just bounce this situation off him/her to assure that your rights or expected compensation are explained. I just find this situation extremely irresponsible. Given that unprovoked behavior displayed by the dog, this incident may not be a surprise to the owner(s). The dog may have a history, which makes it even more unconscionable. As you well know, I'm a dyed in the wool dog lover, but owners of pets have a responsibility to control their pets. keep me posted, I'm still angry!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,705 Posts
Wife and I arrived at a friends get-away house up in McCall, which is a quaint resort town. We are taking a mini vacation this week. We were supposed to be on a plane today headed back East to finally see our granddaughter, but my son was exposed to Covid at work and is in quarantine! So our 3rd attempt fell through. We’ll eventually make it! Pretty frustrating, but we will have a fun time up here.

·
Premium Member
4,527 Posts
We were supposed to be on a plane today headed back East to finally see our granddaughter, but my son was exposed to Covid at work and is in quarantine! So our 3rd attempt fell through. We’ll eventually make it! Pretty frustrating, but we will have a fun time up here.
Sorry, buddy. Enjoy the vacation!

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,160 Posts
Wife and I arrived at a friends get-away house up in McCall, which is a quaint resort town. We are taking a mini vacation this week. We were supposed to be on a plane today headed back East to finally see our granddaughter, but my son was exposed to Covid at work and is in quarantine! So our 3rd attempt fell through. We’ll eventually make it! Pretty frustrating, but we will have a fun time up here.
I haven’t been on a vacation since 2018 other than the 2 days I took off for Shelbyfest last year. Skipped 2019 because of being too busy at work and my wife traveling all over the country for her work. Big mistake! We were supposed to go to Cancun in June for 2 weeks. Oh well, maybe next year. Hope y’all have a good, relaxing time Mike and you get to meet her soon. Hope one day to meet my granddaughter as well.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,876 Posts
As we all know, Mike and Ellie have had a horrible spate of crappy incidents this year. Sure hope you two have a pleasant and enjoyable weeks vacation away from the tribulations! Once your son is finished with the quarantined we all hope you can FINALLY get to visit that beautiful child!!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,705 Posts
Thank you guys, but as tough as this year has been, we know it could have been worse. We are happy with what we have!

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
79 Posts
Well today was kind of slow and redundant until the dealer called me saying my 2020 arrived 😁

Attachments

·
Registered
2009 gt500 vmp gen3, 2020 gt500 magnetic, 1970 mach1 408 stroked, 1997 cobra awesome
79 Posts
Sorry here’s the actual car pics bad signal lol.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,238 Posts
I think BOTH you and Mike are getting OLD and may have ANGER issues!

Ask me how I know?

LOL
Oh shut up you no good, four-flushin', smelly old fart ... aint nobody got ANGER ISSUES ... intolerance of human nature lately and a desire to kill every livin' thing in sight, maybe .... but nowhere near having ANGER ISSUES .... what da hell gave ya that lame brain idea???? LOL :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

(luv ya buddy ...:giggle:)

·
Registered
2011 GT500
90 Posts
Ordered a pair of "GT 500" decals for the lower fender/rocker on the car. I just wanted the letters without stripes. They're matte black so they're there just not in your face on the black car.

Thanks @Tightlines for the company. Big Worm Graphix

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,690 Posts
I think BOTH you and Mike are getting OLD and may have ANGER issues!

Ask me how I know?

LOL
I think I resemble that remark. At least I have a/c again... after 5 days! Yeah, I know it could be worse, but see above.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
678 Posts
I think I resemble that remark. At least I have a/c again... after 5 days! Yeah, I know it could be worse, but see above.
Glad to hear you are back up and running. I was thinking, you might have a phase protection monitor on your AC unit. That would be a good thing. Was it a power company issue, or a burned up compressor?

·
Registered
2011 GT500
90 Posts
Glad to hear you are back up and running. I was thinking, you might have a phase protection monitor on your AC unit. That would be a good thing. Was it a power company issue, or a burned up compressor?
I'm guessing it was Delta...

12101 - 12120 of 12204 Posts