Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

11901 - 11920 of 11954 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,625 Posts
As Tim presumed, when I made a post about me getting out of surgery, I was still under heavy sedation

that was a funny post fRome me, IE the phone versus the correct word knee
It’s all good Don! We knew what you meant, and you gave us a good chuckle in the meantime. Thanks for posting that all went well for you. Sounds like they confirmed you needed a new knee by saying you OE was junk.

Reactions: OMB

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
What the....

You got a full wrap and a nice color pair socky !!!

I was cheated ! Mine just got to hang out in the open and my socky was an ugly Tan...

"They" wanted me bending the thing the next day!!!!!!
Are you getting a PAIN machine, It is some medieval torture device that constantly (but slowly) bends and straightens as you lay there!
View attachment 205698
Actually called a CPM, Continuous Passive Motion I believe.
Or, was that 'Constant Pain Machine' ? I don't recall with all the dope and ICE CREAM !

note Tan Socky… don't look at the rest!
View attachment 205696
View attachment 205697

BEST OF LUCK WITH THE RECOVERY... I hope it is as Painless as possible, and quick healing !!!!!!!!!

( Have you asked for ice cream yet? )

STAY with it... it only hurts for a little while, It will be worth it my friend.

Ken
RLTW
Ken,

No pain machine like that But the orthopedic surgeon Last week Placed a order and I have it at the house OxyContin

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
It’s all good Don! We knew what you meant, and you gave us a good chuckle in the meantime. Thanks for posting that all went well for you. Sounds like they confirmed you needed a new knee by saying you OE was junk.
Tim

Yeah the old Knee was pretty much junk and car terms, the bearings were toast

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,066 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,748 Posts
Don! Sharon and I are so glad all went well and the operation was a success! Hopefully they didn't do any "cosmetic" surgery or enhancements while you were under the knife as our "perv" administrator suggested! Leave it to Ken to serve up some nice autopsy photos of his operation!! Really happy that some of our members and their wives have successfully overcome issues and are on their way to full recovery! I'd send you flowers but that might be misconstrued! We all wish you continuing improvement and full recovery, sooner than later!

·
Premium Member
5,893 Posts
Ken,
No pain machine like that But the orthopedic surgeon Last week Placed a order and I have it at the house OxyContin
I know that you are a responsible adult. That said PLEASE take care with the Meds !!!
I forget what milligram was prescribed for me, but it wasn't working at all. After about five calls to the Dr it was found that what I had was for a 'normal' person, I being about a 100lbs past normal, it was an issue ! So, once the correct dosage was prescribed it did make life a lot better. So a word of advice, be certain that you can be comfortable with the pain meds, there is no need to really suffer. BUT, also BE CAREFULL with what is prescribed. What helped me was instead of taking a pill every four hours, I literally split them and took a half every two... It really did help to 'even' things out, as before when the four hours rolled up I was totally miserable. So PLEASE use your head and find what works for you.
It can be real easy to over do them for the pain relief, please just stay with the prescribed amount and bear thru some pain. I'm being completely honest with you, You Are going to have pain. It can not be avoided, just do not overdo the Meds.... EAT More Ice Cream !!!
Also, I found Gatoraid a real help with Hydration and keeping things moving.

Take care !!!
If not that GT500 clutch will be just too much for that bum left leg and I will have to come get your SHELBY. LoL

Ken
RLTW

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,748 Posts
Got a chuckle out of your "WRONG" sticker. Can't say I blame you.
The hospitals do that on all knee, arm, or eye surgeries. You'd be surprised at how many "therapeutic misadventures" (medical term for screw up) occurred in the past and the surgeons operated on the wrong limb! Hence, they mark the limb not to be operated upon! They did that on my retina surgery!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,748 Posts
I know that you are a responsible adult. That said PLEASE take care with the Meds !!!
I forget what milligram was prescribed for me, but it wasn't working at all. After about five calls to the Dr it was found that what I had was for a 'normal' person, I being about a 100lbs past normal, it was an issue ! So, once the correct dosage was prescribed it did make life a lot better. So a word of advice, be certain that you can be comfortable with the pain meds, there is no need to really suffer. BUT, also BE CAREFULL with what is prescribed. What helped me was instead of taking a pill every four hours, I literally split them and took a half every two... It really did help to 'even' things out, as before when the four hours rolled up I was totally miserable. So PLEASE use your head and find what works for you.
It can be real easy to over do them for the pain relief, please just stay with the prescribed amount and bear thru some pain. I'm being completely honest with you, You Are going to have pain. It can not be avoided, just do not overdo the Meds.... EAT More Ice Cream !!!
Also, I found Gatoraid a real help with Hydration and keeping things moving.

Take care !!!
If not that GT500 clutch will be just too much for that bum left leg and I will have to come get your SHELBY. LoL

Ken
RLTW
Funny Ken. I'll take care of exercising his GT500 this January!! Ken is dead on about the pain meds. Get off them as soon as possible.

·
Premium Member
5,893 Posts
….. Hopefully they didn't do any "cosmetic" surgery or enhancements while you were under the knife as our "perv" administrator suggested!
...... I'd send you flowers but that might be misconstrued!
Mike, you may want go ahead and send those flowers!
Rumor is that Tim convinced the surgeon to go ahead and make those 'augmenting' changes. Until we see pics, we just may have double D's !!!!!!! ( as you can see, he does have a nice dress on )

( yeah, I know, I be a 'sick-puppy' ) LoL

Ken
RLTW

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
I think that Don is on a morphine machine that he can push a button for pain provided he doesn't push it too often. Based on his posts, I think he's figuring out just how often he can push that button! :)

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,581 Posts
The hospitals do that on all knee, arm, or eye surgeries. You'd be surprised at how many "therapeutic misadventures" (medical term for screw up) occurred in the past and the surgeons operated on the wrong limb! Hence, they mark the limb not to be operated upon! They did that on my retina surgery!
Shows you what I know. I thought Don was messing with them.

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Me too! I’ve only seen them write on the targeted surgery spot with a sharpie.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
First John, I would never mess with you because I value your wisdom and I would hate to have you mess with me on my car!

Mike is 100% correct they require the sticker to be put on when I walked Into the hospital so just as a additional precaution they know what knee is being removed
OK what is funny and I’m a little pissed about it, I take a fair amount of medication for a variety of reasons but I’m Still very healthy, it’s a 60 and over thing
But To get to my point, The hospital refuses to allow me to take my own medication I got in my home town. They want me to bring My medication and they will match it and give me theirs which I have to pay for. That kind of pissed me off

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,581 Posts
First John, I would never mess with you because I value your wisdom and I would hate to have you mess with me on my car!
I meant you messing with the surgery team, not me. I was amused before Mike enlightened me to the risk abatement procedures by the hospital.

That's a good thing, John. It means you haven't been around hospitals too much!! I spent lots of time in shock trauma and ER's in my other life.
Well that's mostly true, and the only issue I've ever been in the hospital for doesn't come in pairs.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
If everything goes as planned I hope to be discharged late this afternoon

·
Premium Member
5,893 Posts
If everything goes as planned I hope to be discharged late this afternoon

That's good and bad news. It is always better to be at home, but 'she who you will depend on' is going to be Real Busy fetching you things, like ICE CREAM !!!!!

First thing to do is have/send her to the store to get a nice variety!

Second, sit back in a recliner, elevate the Bo Bo leg, Hook up to the Ice Machine, and RELAX... Oh and the sweatpants... best thing to wear.

Ken
RLTW

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
That's good and bad news. It is always better to be at home, but 'she who you will depend on' is going to be Real Busy fetching you things, like ICE CREAM !!!!!

First thing to do is have/send her to the store to get a nice variety!

Second, sit back in a recliner, elevate the Bo Bo leg, Hook up to the Ice Machine, and RELAX... Oh and the sweatpants... best thing to wear.

Ken
RLTW
Thanks ken

all that works for me!!!!!

Reactions: 03reptile
11901 - 11920 of 11954 Posts