Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

11881 - 11900 of 11954 Posts

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,625 Posts
I agree with Bryan. The Shelby Daytona was a beautifully sculptured vehicle that combined beauty with amazing aerodynamics for that time. Peter Brock did a commendable job designing and building the car from scratch. Mr. Brock was another one of the brilliant guys that Mr. Shelby hired to further his racing group's successes. The development of that car, alone, could be the subject of another movie! And what does that Alaskan guy know, anyway? 🤣
Kiss off ya old man! I just got pushed out of my elk hunt early because of fires in the area and heavy smoke. Don’t piss me off mister! I’m frustrated. 😉. Oh, and what I do know is a 350 is 150 shy of a 500! 😂

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Rapid Red! 2011 Kona Blue/white
34,063 Posts
Gorgeous machine in my opinion!

B91E8D43-C973-4BA9-9A90-AD494698A31C.jpeg
0409076D-AE7C-4290-A224-124BC81CEF43.jpeg

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
729 Posts
@shelbygt500_897hp

OK, I have some First hand knowledge/info for, having had mine replaced.
My left was absolutely the worst, I have to preface that to begin with.
My 'journey' began back in the Sixties. In the service I was a Airborne Ranger, on one of my jumps I took a hard 'landing' on my left knee, then about a month later it was giving me a little trouble. After a couple Dr visits they determined I had a rupture tear to the miniscus, this lead to the first "clean up and trim surgery". That went fine, about 12 years later they had to go back in to do a bit more work on that knee, second surgery, again turned out Okay. Over the next 20 years it became progressively worse. In '90 they had to go in the third time as the miniscus had deteriated really bad, I was left with little to none, and was told then that a full replacement Would be required in 2-5 years. I put it off for a long time. I was going in about every six months for shots into the knee of a substance that was described as a Rooster Comb Derivitve and Cortisone. I went through that proceedure for nearly four years, not to pleasant of a thing.
It just continued to get worse until the bone on bone became unbearable... After 3 surgeries and several years of injections and then 3-4 years of bone on bone pain I succomed to having a replacement after I stupidly decided to do a skydiving fun event. I had a bad landing that finished off the knee and fractured the Tibia.
In 2013 I had it done. So 46 years after the first surgery and many years of progressive pain it was replaced.
I know... long storey, but you need to understand just how bad that knee was. I'm not going to lie to you, that first week after was Hell . Then began the physical therapy, difficult at first but VERY nessasary. My best advise is to do the PT religously !!!! It honestly took me probably 3 months before I began to become comofortable with it. But life is so damn much better now not living in pain !!!!! I wish I could kick myself in the butt for putting it off for so long.
Depending on how BAD yours is, will determine the length of time for a full recovery. Hopfully you aren't as foolish as I was and the recovery Will Be Swift and fairly painless. Your life will be so much better with no pain.
Not sure if you have the pre-surgery classes as I did, but if so do not hesitate to attend them. They are extremely informative and helpfull to understand the complete healing process.

Best of luck with the recovery, just be attentive, and know it may take sometime for a complete recovery.

...from a first hand perspective of a most likely worst case !!! ( I never seem to do anything halfassed )

Ken
RLTW

WARNING: IF Squeamish Do Not Look Below

View attachment 205500

View attachment 205501
😳 oh man that looks painful

·
Registered
factory five 1965 AC cobra 5.4 gt50
729 Posts
It is, but there is no comparison to the gt40 lol. Id most likely go with same drivetrain as cobra l&m cams and the KB 3.6😎on full e85 with either the Ricardo or Porsche g50/ g96-01 transaxle if we decide to pull trigger on build. if I do it I hope you guys&gals are up for another “other ford“ build thread😂😉

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,748 Posts
Kiss off ya old man! I just got pushed out of my elk hunt early because of fires in the area and heavy smoke. Don’t piss me off mister! I’m frustrated. 😉. Oh, and what I do know is a 350 is 150 shy of a 500! 😂
Funny, Michael 🤣 🤣 Sorry your hunt got short-changed. I know you were really looking forward to it. Just fly down to our place; Ellie can rest and you can shoot all the deer you want in my back yard! There are at least five or ten of them each morning!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Funny, Michael 🤣 🤣 Sorry your hunt got short-changed. I know you were really looking forward to it. Just fly down to our place; Ellie can rest and you can shoot all the deer you want in my back yard! There are at least five or ten of them each morning!
I could have stayed a little longer since they haven't closed the area yet, but my eyes were burning all the time, the elk weren't bugling yet, and fire fighters told hunters 2.5 miles to my East that they may close our area any moment. The fire boundary was the main gravel road I drove in on, and then I turned and drove in on a trail slowly for that 2.5 miles. Getting into areas like that with my small trailer is why we bought the Baja version, but it means quickly evacuating isn't all that quick.

On a positive note I have 28 photos and 31 videos of two younger bull in a wallow I found out in the woods. It's spring fed, and I found a little sign of activity so I set up my trail camera. One day these two guys came in, and the photos are great, but the videos are awesome. I caught them taking turns splashing around in the water and mud, laying down in it, and just being teenagers when they didn't think anyone was watching. Two videos of one bull are particularly funny because I think he is getting used to his hormones coming on during the rut. At one point he jumped out of the mud and starting bucking and prancing around like a rodeo horse. Then a bit later he kicked like a bee stung him in the butt, and he ran a short distance, stopped, looked around, and then went into another bucking spell. It was like he was checking to see if anyone was watching before he started dancing around! :) I'm going to see if the trail camera maker would like a copy for advertising. So I won't post the videos on my Youtube channel yet, but here's a pic of the two looking at each other. You can see a little smoke haze, and this was a good day. Unfortunately, this was the only day they appeared at the wallow. I hunting it because I would have taken either with my bow since the hunting was so slow, but they didn't come back before I left.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vista Blue with White Stripes
495 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
My knee replacement went well. I have already been on a walker.
the surgery was this morning and they said the OEM knee was totally garbage all messed up
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
2E7EF944-8C32-44CB-A8AE-47B1940BC7B7.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,063 Posts
My phone replacement went well he been on a walker the surgery was this morning and they said the knee was totally garbage all messed up View attachment 205684
Glad to see you survived the surgery Don! Judging from what you wrote, it sounds like you are heavily medicated... be safe bud!

·
Premium Member
5,893 Posts
My phone replacement went well he been on a walker the surgery was this morning and they said the knee was totally garbage all messed up View attachment 205684

What the....

You got a full wrap and a nice color pair socky !!!

I was cheated ! Mine just got to hang out in the open and my socky was an ugly Tan...

"They" wanted me bending the thing the next day!!!!!!
Are you getting a PAIN machine, It is some medieval torture device that constantly (but slowly) bends and straightens as you lay there!

Actually called a CPM, Continuous Passive Motion I believe.
Or, was that 'Constant Pain Machine' ? I don't recall with all the dope and ICE CREAM !

note Tan Socky… don't look at the rest!

BEST OF LUCK WITH THE RECOVERY... I hope it is as Painless as possible, and quick healing !!!!!!!!!

( Have you asked for ice cream yet? )

STAY with it... it only hurts for a little while, It will be worth it my friend.

Ken
RLTW

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
34,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Glad I could make you laugh Don. I was chuckling when writing it. Of course the wife asked what was up... “nothing honey!

As for the difference of the CFTP from my previous base... let’s just say I’ve been surprised thus far. After I get some more seat time, I plan to do a review.
i’m sure it feels quicker just because of the carbon fiber wheels.

Very much looking forward to the comparison of the two cars

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
well...
maybe a Nissan Tundra

You got to be ready to expect some, shall we say, discomfort, they are opening it up, pulling it apart, grinding/drilling and moving things around in there!

You'll be fine, shorts and sweats for a while.

( ...and if you 'play it right', ice cream on request )
That’s exactly what I did, getting apple pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream!

·
Premium Member
4,625 Posts
Nice skirt! Is your new “phone replacement” inside the knee or under that cute skirt?

Good luck with the recovery Don! The worst part during the first week or so shall pass, and before long you’ll be jumping over buildings in a single bound.

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Glad to see you survived the surgery Don! Judging from what you wrote, it sounds like you are heavily medicated... be safe bud!
Post was corrected and yes you’re correct I Was heavily medicated When I made that post

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
Nice skirt! Is your new “phone replacement” inside the knee or under that cute skirt?

Good luck with the recovery Don! The worst part during the first week or so shall pass, and before long you’ll be jumping over buildings in a single bound.
As Tim presumed, when I made a post about me getting out of surgery, I was still under heavy sedation

that was a funny post from yours truly, IE the phone versus the correct word knee

11881 - 11900 of 11954 Posts