Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

11381 - 11400 of 11500 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
From what I have experienced in the past, the Good Lord doesn't go anywhere near dealerships or service departments .... they are the eminent domain of the devil. 👿

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Good luck!
We got tired of the horrible ride with our Denali and parted ways. You would think they could simply reprogram the magnetic ride software.
....... or go back to good ol' 1969 design ..... simple, yet effective.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,181 Posts
I had to put my Escalade in the shop today. There’s a problem with the shocks/magnetic ride control I think. Anyway say a prayer for me cause from what I have read on the Cadillac forum, this could cost a gazillon dollars. Damn thing rides like a dump truck😜
Hey Suze! Same thing happened to my wife’s 2010 Tahoe LTZ... I’m sure it’s the same setup as yours. It has magneride struts in the front and air lift shocks in the back. She hadn’t noticed the slow deterioration in ride quality since she drives it daily. I got behind the wheel of her Tahoe after not driving it for awhile and immediately noticed the ride quality had gone to shit. The OEM magneride struts and air lift shocks are stupid expensive. A little research turned up a cheap fix... I bought some resistors that splice into the magneride wiring to keep it from tripping a code. I then went with waaaay cheaper aftermarket standard struts and aftermarket air lift shocks. Her Tahoe drove like new again and I don’t remember the exact amount, but I probably spent less than a 1/4 of what I would have replacing with OEM components.

Reactions: Evil_E

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,557 Posts
I had to put my Escalade in the shop today. There’s a problem with the shocks/magnetic ride control I think. Anyway say a prayer for me cause from what I have read on the Cadillac forum, this could cost a gazillon dollars. Damn thing rides like a dump truck😜
Should have bought a Ford! 😉

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
2010 Grabber Blue/White
4,424 Posts
Dear God,
It's me again. I know, I know it has been a decade or two, okay probably more. Yes, I do owe you one for the last time, you did get my friends and me out a of bad situation with what would say was minimal harm given the circumstances. So thanks big time. But that is what makes this request so special, I haven't bothered you for a long time. This is for another friend of another time far from the past one. It's @SuziQ , she has requested some help with an issue that sprung up. Her Escalade has decided for some reason it wants to be a Truck, makes no sense to me either, but hear me out OK.
She is a very nice good person and has had to take her Cadillac into the bowels of hell... Yes, into the SERVICE SHOP.
All she wants is for her to not have to tap into all her 401k money to ransom her vehicle back out from the Devils that we are all aware of.
So that's it. And this one is not even for me. Just a good person deserving of a break. AND, it isn't like I bother you all the time, IRRC it was 1969 for last time, that's what makes this one so Special.
Okay if you could take care of this, once again I would be very grateful.
Well thanks for the listen, and do what you can for her please.
Talk to you again sometime,

Ken
(You know the one that was bleeding laying in the mud, you may not recall, there were a few of us)

Oh... I suppose I should say,
AMEN
Thank you sweet Ken!! I really thought it was going to be around 4k, but it was actually 2,400. Not great, but better than I thought😊

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
2010 Grabber Blue/White
4,424 Posts
Hey Suze! Same thing happened to my wife’s 2010 Tahoe LTZ... I’m sure it’s the same setup as yours. It has magneride struts in the front and air lift shocks in the back. She hadn’t noticed the slow deterioration in ride quality since she drives it daily. I got behind the wheel of her Tahoe after not driving it for awhile and immediately noticed the ride quality had gone to shit. The OEM magneride struts and air lift shocks are stupid expensive. A little research turned up a cheap fix... I bought some resistors that splice into the magneride wiring to keep it from tripping a code. I then went with waaaay cheaper aftermarket standard struts and aftermarket air lift shocks. Her Tahoe drove like new again and I don’t remember the exact amount, but I probably spent less than a 1/4 of what I would have replacing with OEM components.
Yeah, I saw several post on the Caddie Forum where they went after market. I don’t have a handy guy like you so had to resort to the dealership. Both back shocks and one front where toast. Better ride like dream or they will have a very pissed of cajun girl on their hands...lol

PS: I think you have seen this cajun girl pissed once or twice....😂

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts
Today: workout in a Houston hotel gym that is actually open! Either no one else knows it’s open or they are afraid of my Rona-kisses! 💪 😘😎

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
Honestly, powered washed my fifth wheel but dont want to talk about that

Its yesterday in what I did is the conversation tonight. Ok, I am getting a third vehicle, a 91 creme puff Taurus SHO. Almost identical to the 91 I had years ago. Problem is I had no room in my third car garage.
I do now !
I loaded alot of stuff onto the F-350 and went to the county dump. Than began to organize both the garage and my 10x10 shed
By organizing the shed, I was able to get alot of stuff of the garage and into the shed.
Now I have a semi clean 3rd car garage for the SHO that will be residing in it sometime late August.
garage.jpg

Im standing at the front of the garage with the door open and when I had the house built, I had a rear garage door put in with a 16x12 pad to roll cars onto it that I might be working on so I could pull something else into the garage itself

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,941 Posts
30 mile bike ride with a couple buddies
BBAC9153-761A-4DE6-97CD-2DAC589D0D72.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,181 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,941 Posts
Reactions: Hasepwr and Goose17

·
Premium Member
2,402 Posts
As some know I am heading to NY to purchase a 1991 Taurus SHO, my first dream car.

Also, some may know that my current 07 Gt500 is the second one I have owned. The first GT500 was ordered and built for me when I worked at a Ford Store in 2006. When I got my second one I made sure it was a clone of the first.
The 91 SHO that I am buying is missing the following that my original had:
-police grill ( no longer available )
-rear oem spoiler ( no longer available )
-tokico struts and eibach springs (no longer made )

Well, mike aka 03 reptile happened to own a 91 SHO, bought this new police grill and than sold the car. For whatever reasons he never got rid of the police grill and out of the generosity of this man, its going to cost me three drinks of his choice and if he wants, to drive my GT500 around the block when he gets to St Petersburg Fl this winter. We all know mike is a great guy but he truly is. Thanks Michael !!

The spoiler, I found in PA also, and have secured it and will pick it up on my return trip.

The struts and springs however are brand new. 16 years old( bought by the owner in 2004 ). He never installed them and they have been just sitting in a climate controlled storage unit at 75 degrees. I was skeptical at first, but with a minimum deposit and many conversations later, it is the real deal. The owner compressed the shocks to be sure the seals are good, filmed it actually and sent me the video. I have his number and address and will pick them up when enroute to NY to get the car.

Plan on using a lot of rest areas for sleep, no hotels. I researched how the cannonball runners functioned IE bathroom stops and have incorporated that, both for time and safety. My 1999 F-350 7.3 diesel crewcab dually has a main tank of 35 gallons and a reserve tank in the bed of 33 gallons that should give me a range of 1000 miles +/-. Fuel stops will be a minimum!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,598 Posts
It's always a great feeling being able to help someone as nice as Don to realize a dream! He was so appreciative after receiving it, yesterday!! Still not sure why I kept it all these years, other than I knew it would be extinct in the future and I could sell it to someone restoring a police package Taurus. Then low and behold Don announces he is getting a pristine 91 SHO. It became a no brainer for me! After all the niceties (MGW shifter!!), many free drinks at Shelbyfrest (my liver thanks you all), and all the other gifts of friendship, there was no way I was going to "sell" the grill to Don. Some things should never be about money and this was one, for sure! Can't wait to follow Don's northern adventure and see the finished product! I just want to see the video of how he pee's and drives at the same time! LOL! 🤣 🤣

11381 - 11400 of 11500 Posts