Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
33,113 Posts
Reactions: StormTrooper760

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
Thanks guys! It's drives like a dream. That DCT in this car is something else, blows my mind! Almost put a 100 miles on it today. Many more to come!
Glad you feel the same. Out of all the things that make the 2020, the 2 items that amaze me the most are the DCT tranny and those frigg’n BRAKES! :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
553 Posts
Glad you feel the same. Out of all the things that make the 2020, the 2 items that amaze me the most are the DCT tranny and those frigg’n BRAKES! :eek: :eek:
What about the powah?

Reactions: ihaterice

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
What about the powah?
Yes, the power, the handling, the tech, the traction... it’s all amazing, but the DCT and the brakes are LEGENDARY!

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Congrats
View attachment 203273 Picked up this bad boy from the dealership today! Next step is detailing and ceramic coating. Over the moon with excitement right now. Also thanks @Snoopy49 for tracking this car through the whole process. You are the man!
Congrats on your new ride! More pics please.
I like the space where you have your car parked!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
@Ford Fest Thanks! really appreciate it. I'll have to take some more pictures once I get it all spit shined.

@Goose17 Thanks Tim! I glad you like them. They turned out really well. All I need yet is to finish out the shop floor. Trying to figure out if I'm going to paint/epoxy it or use drop in floor tiles.

@2008GT500 Thanks Man! You're more than welcome to use that idea! They are actually laser cut out of 16ga sheet metal and painted. I'm an engineer for a steel fabrication company so I had access to our laser cutter. Took some time to draw these up on our design software (SolidWorks) and then got them cut out.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
@Ford Fest Thanks! really appreciate it. I'll have to take some more pictures once I get it all spit shined.

@Goose17 Thanks Tim! I glad you like them. They turned out really well. All I need yet is to finish out the shop floor. Trying to figure out if I'm going to paint/epoxy it or use drop in floor tiles.

@2008GT500 Thanks Man! You're more than welcome to use that idea! They are actually laser cut out of 16ga sheet metal and painted. I'm an engineer for a steel fabrication company so I had access to our laser cutter. Took some time to draw these up on our design software (SolidWorks) and then got them cut out.
Awesome stuff!

I went with metallic epoxy on my garage floor. With your theme, the classic white/black checkerboard tiles would look good. You could also do a metallic epoxy swirling white/black around. If you don’t want to mess with keeping a white floor clean (may show rubber marks), a solid black floor would work too.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
33,113 Posts
My temp tag arrived today. Now I just need a car to put it on! My “PADDLED” tag will get transferred to the new one.

·
DFW Shelby Queen!
2010 Grabber Blue/White
4,424 Posts
I had to put my Escalade in the shop today. There’s a problem with the shocks/magnetic ride control I think. Anyway say a prayer for me cause from what I have read on the Cadillac forum, this could cost a gazillon dollars. Damn thing rides like a dump truck😜

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Premium Member
8,056 Posts
I had to put my Escalade in the shop today. There’s a problem with the shocks/magnetic ride control I think. Anyway say a prayer for me cause from what I have read on the Cadillac forum, this could cost a gazillon dollars. Damn thing rides like a dump truck😜
Aaaaaaaaaaahhhhh ... Cadillacs .... used to love 'em (pre 1972) ... not so much anymore ..... :(

(got my fingers crossed for ya !!)

·
Premium Member
4,429 Posts
Good luck!
We got tired of the horrible ride with our Denali and parted ways. You would think they could simply reprogram the magnetic ride software.

Reactions: SuziQ

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
617 Posts
Praying for you!

·
Premium Member
5,789 Posts
Dear God,
It's me again. I know, I know it has been a decade or two, okay probably more. Yes, I do owe you one for the last time, you did get my friends and me out a of bad situation with what would say was minimal harm given the circumstances. So thanks big time. But that is what makes this request so special, I haven't bothered you for a long time. This is for another friend of another time far from the past one. It's @SuziQ , she has requested some help with an issue that sprung up. Her Escalade has decided for some reason it wants to be a Truck, makes no sense to me either, but hear me out OK.
She is a very nice good person and has had to take her Cadillac into the bowels of hell... Yes, into the SERVICE SHOP.
All she wants is for her to not have to tap into all her 401k money to ransom her vehicle back out from the Devils that we are all aware of.
So that's it. And this one is not even for me. Just a good person deserving of a break. AND, it isn't like I bother you all the time, IRRC it was 1969 for last time, that's what makes this one so Special.
Okay if you could take care of this, once again I would be very grateful.
Well thanks for the listen, and do what you can for her please.
Talk to you again sometime,

Ken
(You know the one that was bleeding laying in the mud, you may not recall, there were a few of us)

Oh... I suppose I should say,
AMEN

11361 - 11380 of 11479 Posts