Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

11181 - 11200 of 11266 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,069 Posts
My trailer is approaching 20 years old and I haven’t done anything to it but use it. So I decided this weekend I’m going to do the bearings and brakes. Went to an O’Rielly’s to get the parts during lunch today. Walked in, there’s about 6 or 8 guys in there besides me and I was the only one wearing a mask. Got a few eye rolls. Oh well.

Reactions: Ford Fest

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
My trailer is approaching 20 years old and I haven’t done anything to it but use it. So I decided this weekend I’m going to do the bearings and brakes. Went to an O’Rielly’s to get the parts during lunch today. Walked in, there’s about 6 or 8 guys in there besides me and I was the only one wearing a mask. Got a few eye rolls. Oh well.
Ha, I just packed the bearings on my trailer after it had a 20 year hiatus. Glad there are great YouTube videos as I had no idea what I was doing.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ha, I just packed the bearings on my trailer after it had a 20 year hiatus. Glad there are great YouTube videos as I had no idea what I was doing.
Went there to pick up a bearing packer and high temp bearing grease. My older brother said he hasn’t seen a bearing packer in years so I was a little concerned. I happened to buy the last one they had. Figured I would worry about the brakes if anything looks like it needs to be replaced. What made me think about it is I’m using it Thursday to take my sons 4-wheeler to be serviced. Much easier than loading and unloading in a truck bed. ;)

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,389 Posts
Just received word that (PITS) Ponies in the Smokies is cancelled. Looks like this will be a lost year for car shows and meets. I am thinking about putting a tent and camp stove in the trunk of my Shelby and taking a road trip to the Bad Lands in SD

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,454 Posts
You're fine, Jon! (y)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,483 Posts
Just received word that (PITS) Ponies in the Smokies is cancelled. Looks like this will be a lost year for car shows and meets. I am thinking about putting a tent and camp stove in the trunk of my Shelby and taking a road trip to the Bad Lands in SD
That sucks Chuck... sorry!

Maybe, just maybe, @fletchffletch will organize a Tail of the Dragon run this fall. I think there is good pent up demand for a get together!

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Went there to pick up a bearing packer and high temp bearing grease. My older brother said he hasn’t seen a bearing packer in years so I was a little concerned. I happened to buy the last one they had. Figured I would worry about the brakes if anything looks like it needs to be replaced. What made me think about it is I’m using it Thursday to take my sons 4-wheeler to be serviced. Much easier than loading and unloading in a truck bed. ;)
I use my trailer around town. I had the need to haul it on the highway this past weekend and was concerned that what be a mistake if I didn’t repack the bearings. Funny, the trailer/hitch store I went to had one last packer on the shelf. They wanted $30 for it and I went cheap by just wearing gloves.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I use my trailer around town. I had the need to haul it on the highway this past weekend and was concerned that what be a mistake if I didn’t repack the bearings. Funny, the trailer/hitch store I went to had one last packer on the shelf. They wanted $30 for it and I went cheap by just wearing gloves.
One of my brothers had one but lost it in one of his many moves so I figured I would pick one up for all of us to use. How it works most of the time anyway. Got over it years ago.

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Walked in, there’s about 6 or 8 guys in there besides me and I was the only one wearing a mask. Got a few eye rolls. Oh well.
I see many states (mine included) are requiring mask use everywhere again ... they are easy to use (I have a home-made one) and not that big of a deal ???? I sorta like lookin' like a bandito 🤠.....Besides ... who gives a crap about a few people with 'loose eyeballs' ..... LOL :ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
YouTube is GREAT ... it has saved me MANY headaches AND money ....... but that one guy, 'Shelby Flyer' is VERY questionable .... LOL :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,198
Well, my timing is probably horrendous, but put an offer in on a rare piece of land today. Now on to the due diligence and house design...
Living in a house we designed and built is very rewarding. However, it's not something I desire to do again.

·
Premium Member
2012 SVTPP with a heavy dose of 2013 components
7,337 Posts
When I went to the Ford dealership yesterday, the only person I saw with a mask was by old friend, Jack, so I wasn't the odd man out. I had mine on because the infection rates are soaring around here. Made it sort of obvious why. When you hear things like potential lung scarring could shorten your life expectancy by 10 years, you tend to pay attention when you've got 17 years based the most recent pre-covid mortality tables.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,200
When I went to the Ford dealership yesterday, the only person I saw with a mask was by old friend, Jack, so I wasn't the odd man out. I had mine on because the infection rates are soaring around here. Made it sort of obvious why. When you hear things like potential lung scarring could shorten your life expectancy by 10 years, you tend to pay attention when you've got 17 years based the most recent pre-covid mortality tables.
Not saying you shouldn't protect yourself, but also putting this out for info. Yes, confirmed cases/positive tests are increasing, but so are the number of tests being administered. It's simple statistics that we all understand. That said, there was a trough of % positive cases, and we've seen an increase the last few weeks.

Daily State-by-State Testing Trends

11181 - 11200 of 11266 Posts