Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

11161 - 11180 of 11197 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,063 Posts
Wife and I went to dinner last night for her birthday. It was her suggestion to take the car!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,469 Posts
Wife and I went to dinner last night for her birthday. It was her suggestion to take the car! View attachment 202059
Jon, your car looks particularly sharp and shiny in that pic. I bet she turned a lot of heads on that street while you were eating!

Reactions: BLKwRD14

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
i have been driving without a front plate on my sports cars for the last decade. Today that streak stopped thanks to the state patrol. Got an $89 equipment failure ticket.:mad: I knew the law and didn’t abide by it so I can’t complain. The fine is nothing but another form of tax revenue for the state. Wish they would focus on real infractions that endanger society though.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Jon, your car looks particularly sharp and shiny in that pic. I bet she turned a lot of heads on that street while you were eating!
Thanks Mike! I’ve been using Mequire’s hybrid ceramic wax since Kris @fletchffletch recommended it last year and have been pretty happy with it. First application was right before Shelbyfest.

Reactions: fletchffletch

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
i have been driving without a front plate on my sports cars for the last decade. Today that streak stopped thanks to the state patrol. Got an $89 equipment failure ticket.:mad: I knew the law and didn’t abide by it so I can’t complain. The fine is nothing but another form of tax revenue for the state. Wish they would focus on real infractions that endanger society though.
I’ve received three of those at $100/each. The crazy part is they have been on both of our DD and two came from the same officer. One of my Leo friends said I got the tickets because they knew I would pay the fines.
Agree with you, I knew the law.
I have been thinking about putting in an application to create a new MO plate that only requires a rear plate. Unfortunately, the application is $5,000 non-refundable. Thought I might start a FB page and a Go Fund Me to raise the money. I’m certain there are plenty of car owners that would gladly pay an extra annual fee to legally run a single plate.

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
I’ve received three of those at $100/each. The crazy part is they have been on both of our DD and two came from the same officer. One of my Leo friends said I got the tickets because they knew I would pay the fines.
Agree with you, I knew the law.
I have been thinking about putting in an application to create a new MO plate that only requires a rear plate. Unfortunately, the application is $5,000 non-refundable. Thought I might start a FB page and a Go Fund Me to raise the money. I’m certain there are plenty of car owners that would gladly pay an extra annual fee to legally run a single plate.
A Sto-n-Sho front bracket would cost a lot less than those tickets guys.

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
A Sto-n-Sho front bracket would cost a lot less than those tickets guys.
I haven’t found a stow and show for a gtr. Plus I am pretty sure I would be scraping on occasion. There is a bracket that screws into the tow hook receptacle but it will look like crap.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,272 Posts
Sorry you got hit Sean!

I have been pulled over a few times through the years for no front plate on my Mustangs. Fortunately I was let off each time. I even gave one officer a view under the hood of my 2011... he liked the shiny Whipple!

Reactions: Hasepwr

·
Premium Member
4,469 Posts
I haven’t found a stow and show for a gtr. Plus I am pretty sure I would be scraping on occasion. There is a bracket that screws into the tow hook receptacle but it will look like crap.
Oh that’s right! You drive a GTR and not a GT500! I totally forgot. 😉😋

Reactions: 03reptile

·
Premium Member
6,099 Posts
Sorry you got hit Sean!

I have been pulled over a few times through the years for no front plate on my Mustangs. Fortunately I was let off each time. I even gave one officer a view under the hood of my 2011... he liked the shiny Whipple!
I have pulled over in the Shelby and GTR once before. Both times they admitted they wanted to see the cars. This LEO was not buying it. he Didn’t know anything about a GTR. I told him there was no pre-drilled holes for a bracket. He didn’t believe me and walked around the front of the car to confirm it. I know I was done then.

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts
I’ve received three of those at $100/each.
There is a bracket that screws into the tow hook receptacle but it will look like crap.
My LEO friend told me to jump out of the car screamin' mad that the front plate was missing and ask the officer what's the procedure for getting another plate.... (stolen, fell off ???).
(or, you could just move to Kansas and not worry about it .... :) )

·
Premium Member
7,958 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 Bullitt 17 GT350 20 GT500 (8/20 build date)
75 Posts
I was going up the escalator in ATL and saw on the guys bag in front of me a PENSKE bag tag and upon futher ivestigation it said President! So I introduced myself and asked him to get those GT 500's out of the Painted Stripe shop!!!! He was well aware of it and said they were knocking them out at fast as they could!!! I then flew my DTW turn and passed right by FLAT ROCK on the way out of there!! Who woulda thunk it!!

GT500 Karma??

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,272 Posts
Oh yea - And I just got my production date from Noah a minute ago August 20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I get a HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!
HELL YEAH!!!!

Reactions: TomLake
11161 - 11180 of 11197 Posts