Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

11141 - 11160 of 11266 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,294 Posts
I’m at work making sure machines run that make parts for Toyota.
Hate to say this being a 30 vet for Ford at the dealership level but the Toyota car line is a pretty decent car. Now their truck line I'd take a Ford any day of the week.

Reactions: Hasepwr

·
Registered
2010 Grabber Blue Gt500
1,389 Posts
Just saw on our club page that the local Ford Dealer (Cella) just unloaded a 2020 GT 500 on the lot. It is Oxford White, not sure of the packages on it as it just came off the truck. Going over tomorrow to see and take a ride, I think they will let me as I have purchased over 11cars from them over the last 20 years, four of those were mustangs!😃

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP on order 2011 Kona Blue/white
32,483 Posts
Just saw on our club page that the local Ford Dealer (Cella) just unloaded a 2020 GT 500 on the lot. It is Oxford White, not sure of the packages on it as it just came off the truck. Going over tomorrow to see and take a ride, I think they will let me as I have purchased over 11cars from them over the last 20 years, four of those were mustangs!😃
Please let us know if they let you drive it. I suspect the car will still be in transport mode, which is not drivable.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Snapped these pics with my iPhone earlier this evening in Minneapolis:

D2DA06A6-ADB2-40DE-BA48-DFB04397B43E.jpeg
E0455060-6037-47A2-A7BB-FCA5F1DE7753.jpeg

·
Registered
'11 Sterling Gray GT500 '13 DIB GT Prem. 'Vert.
182 Posts
I finally got a break from the feces show that is 2020 and was able to get my GT500 out of winter storage. Is it just me or is there a certain satisfaction that comes from rolling along at a slower speed knowing how quickly you can make everything disappear behind you if you so choose? It fits like a glove and provides more smiles per miles than I can count. I love this car.

·
Registered
5,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #11,146
I finally got a break from the feces show that is 2020 and was able to get my GT500 out of winter storage. Is it just me or is there a certain satisfaction that comes from rolling along at a slower speed knowing how quickly you can make everything disappear behind you if you so choose? It fits like a glove and provides more smiles per miles than I can count. I love this car.
I, like many, have been transitioned to working from home. I'm blessed to have the opportunity and retain my job, but I get a bit cooped up being in the house all day. Especially when the sun is shining.

I bet I've put on 700+ miles on the car in the last month, going for evening cruises once the boy goes to bed. I have a couple different routes (mix of country and interstate) and spend anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes out. Just get out and enjoy the road, wind, and exhaust. Rarely do I even turn up the radio. Definitely makes for a nice nightcap.

Interestingly enough, I ran into @Rjstevens boy one night in his 02 GT, but i didn't realize it was him. I get a text from Ron shortly after showing his son my taillights informing me. Made me giggle. I love this car as well.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,069 Posts
I, like many, have been transitioned to working from home. I'm blessed to have the opportunity and retain my job, but I get a bit cooped up being in the house all day. Especially when the sun is shining.

I bet I've put on 700+ miles on the car in the last month, going for evening cruises once the boy goes to bed. I have a couple different routes (mix of country and interstate) and spend anywhere from 45 to 90 minutes out. Just get out and enjoy the road, wind, and exhaust. Rarely do I even turn up the radio. Definitely makes for a nice nightcap.

Interestingly enough, I ran into @Rjstevens boy one night in his 02 GT, but i didn't realize it was him. I get a text from Ron shortly after showing his son my taillights informing me. Made me giggle. I love this car as well.
Funny. I've been contemplating doing the same. It's been a couple of months since she's been out. It's time.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Received my plate back today from the guy that bought my 2020. He used the plate to drive the car home. The plates will get put on car #2 in a couple months.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Helped/supervises my oldest son and his buddy install a bigger spoiler on the back of the buddy’s 2019 5.0 today:

24D6ACFA-E796-4675-8A7B-887582F99776.jpeg
7143B66F-924A-496F-8EA3-6A0A440F9611.jpeg
4D27ED23-CB39-4C7F-8768-360FB64ECEAB.jpeg
62A9605A-986F-44BE-9B11-8832373DB849.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
32,483 Posts
Yesterday, I decided to fire-up a couple cars that haven’t been run in quite awhile. The 96 Mystic hasn’t been run in about a year. It fired right up. The 04 Mystichrome hasn’t come off the lift in about 1.5 years. It sat with a dead battery for over a year. I now have tenders on the cars. Well, the 04 simply would not start. Lots of internet searching and on car troubleshooting led me to the PCM was not online. A host of reasons could cause this. Mind you the car only has 500 miles on the clock. After hours of troubleshooting over 2 days, I found a wire harness that wasn’t fully seated! The gauge cluster all came to life normally and the car started right up! Let’s just say I did a wee bit of a celebratory happy dance!

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,907 Posts
Not today, but earlier this week... signed up for the Indy 500 Mile Challenge.

Then ran 13.1 miles to get started toward my goal.

Reactions: blackcad55

·
Registered
2009 Shelby GT500 Vista Blue/White Stripes
527 Posts
Yesterday, I decided yo fire-up a couple cars that haven’t been run in quite awhile. The 96 Mystic hasn’t been run in about a year. It fired right up. The 04 Mystichrome hasn’t come off the lift in about 1.5 years. It sat with a dead battery for over a year. I now have tenders on the cars. Well, the 04 simply would not start. Lots of internet searching and on car troubleshooting led me to the PCM was not online. A host of reasons could cause this. Mind you the car only has 500 miles on the clock. After hours of troubleshooting over 2 days, I found a wire harness that wasn’t fully seated! The gauge cluster all came to life normally and the car started right up! Let’s just say I did a wee bit of a celebratory happy dance!

View attachment 202057
I definitely know the troubleshooting feeling.

Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,486 Posts

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,907 Posts
I’m now convinced you are a masochist! That’s quite a challenge.
It was my daughters idea. When challenged by the kids I can’t back down!
There’s no way I can run/walk/jog all 500 miles. I’ll need to get the bicycle out for some of it.

·
Premium Member
2013 Shelby GT500 performance white
582 Posts
Prayers for my wife please guys. Just took her to the ER after going to the respiratory clinic for the fourth time since she got the bad cough. It started getting worse again, and I suspect she may have pneumonia based on what the respiratory clinic heard and measured. Even worse is I am now part of the group of families in the country that have to wait outside while a loved on is inside a hospital. So I am at the mercy of her calling or texting me what they are doing and finding. This really sucks!
Mike,
We have been praying much for your wife!
I trust Ellie Is doing well. I was going to send you a PM, however, I thought everyone else might like to hear an update as well. Just checking in.

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,486 Posts
Mike,
We have been praying much for your wife!
I trust Ellie Is doing well. I was going to send you a PM, however, I thought everyone else might like to hear an update as well. Just checking in.
Thank you Ron! Your prayers and everyone else's are greatly appreciated. This past week has shown greater improvement for Ellie. She started getting more hours of continuous sleep (and so did I), and that helped her body heal, which in turn helped her sleep better yet. The cough and lung pain have decreased quite a bit, and her energy and lung capacity have improved some. Based on the lung exercises and watching her, I would estimate her lungs are working at about 50% effectiveness. A short walk to the mailbox or trashcan renders her working hard to catch her breath. So we just have to carefully probe her limits without going too far. We switched her primary care doctor (for obvious reasons), and she had her first appointment with the new one yesterday. The 60 pages of records from her recent hospital stay were transferred to the clinic, and I also got her last clinic to release her full records over too. Very happy with how the appt went, but unfortunately he said she is to stay home from work until her next appt in 6 weeks. At that time he will re-evaluate her for returning to work. He also said it is imperative that she do everything possible to not get Covid-19. Obviously her lungs are compromised, and fighting a virus like Covid would be bad. So she's on lockdown, and I'm back to being super careful when I have to go out.

·
Premium Member
4,402 Posts
Thank you for the update, Mike. Sorry Ellie is not up to 100%, yet. However, there are some great positives there. Sounds like you’ve made a good decision making the change. Please give her our best. We’re all thinking of both of you.

11141 - 11160 of 11266 Posts