Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

10841 - 10852 of 10852 Posts

·
Registered
5,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,841
I looked at one today on a trip to Lowes. Not sure if they are like everything else. When sales ramp up, look for ways to make it more profitable. The pair I looked at seemed like they were made with cheap materials. The metal was flimsy. I like the concept with being able to set it an walk away. Although, it does take some of the fun and cussing out of it. Trying to keep the smoker at a steady temp using charcoal, chunks of wood and a couple vents is an art.
My Pit Boss came from Lowe's. It weighs over 200 pounds! That was also another deciding factor. I figured if it weighed that much, it was made of good material.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
That's unfortunate. Is it your auger that has issues? Ignitor, fan?

I looked into Traeger, Pit Boss, Rec Tec, Oklahoma Joe, and Camp Chef. All were well reviewed by buyers, but PB got the nod because of the price and the only one that had a gas side I could use in a pinch.
igniter twice and something else. I say something else because I gave up futzin with it and Linda took over. It was her idea to buy it a few years ago. She just ordered something else for it. She didn’t even ask me as she knows I am ready to throw it in the trash.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Today I was cleaning up the Jeep and getting ready to take the top off. Had most of the bolts out to remove it and then the rain breaks out.

I am going to buy one of those one person lifts for the top.

That and Linda played barber for the third time since the pandemic and scalped me and the boys.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,575 Posts
That and Linda played barber for the third time since the pandemic and scalped me and the boys.
Come to Texas for a real haircut Sean... we are open for business!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,575 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,575 Posts
This still completely baffles me, but 6 days after posting my 2020 sales video, it has been watched over 50,000 times! How and why this has gotten the play time it has, has me scratching my head! 🤯

I did take the advice from @CollectedDust and figured out how to upload an icon/avatar to my YouTube channel. I also added a header picture. Thanks for the tip Jason!

·
Premium Member
2020 Shelby GT500 Performance Blue
126 Posts
This still completely baffles me, but 6 days after posting my 2020 sales video, it has been watched over 50,000 times! How and why this has gotten the play time it has, has me scratching my head! 🤯

I did take the advice from @CollectedDust and figured out how to upload an icon/avatar to my YouTube channel. I also added a header picture. Thanks for the tip Jason!

View attachment 200752 View attachment 200751
Nicely done! I opened up YouTube, and your new setup looks great on my subscriptions tab.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,575 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Btw... where has BJ been lately? As the one the foremost experts on the GT500 he was always a forum constant for over a decade. Anybody ever hear from him anymore? I always enjoyed his commentary and insight.

Thankfully Catmonkey is still around for his technical expertise for members.

·
Premium Member
7,922 Posts

....... now you're lookin' like a pro !!! ....... :)

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts
Btw... where has BJ been lately? As the one the foremost experts on the GT500 he was always a forum constant for over a decade. Anybody ever hear from him anymore? I always enjoyed his commentary and insight.

Thankfully Catmonkey is still around for his technical expertise for members.
BJ is very active on FB. His Venomous Tuning is doing well. He is the same go to for anything GT500 related.

10841 - 10852 of 10852 Posts