Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

10801 - 10820 of 10863 Posts

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,315 Posts
Reminds me of
When I first initially started running, I decided I needed to have an appropriate plate as well. Well of course I struggled with the whole 6 letter thing for quite some time....Finally, I decided since I couldnt have MARTHNR, I would do MRTHNR instead, assuming most would figure it out considering I had a 26.2 sticker on my back window.

Well, I get approved and finally receive them. I install them them on my truck and had them on for awhile and was fine with them. But one day after leaving the fire station and getting ready to head out for a run, I noticed that something on my plates didnt look right, so I walked over and bent down to take a look. Evidently a few of the guys on the crew had a little too much time on their hands, so they had evidently gotten some duct tape and cut a circle out and then put it between the first 'R' and the 'T'. So when you looked at it, it actually looked like 'MR.THNR', which translated to Mr. Thinner to all the guys at the station (they knew I always made comments about thin and physically active women when we would sit around and BS). I have no idea how long I drove around with my plates 'altered' like that, but I'm sure they laughed about it for days.

Freaking firemen....too much time on their hands to be trusted.
That reminds me of something Tim and Kevin did to SuziQ's rear tag a few years back at Shelbyfest!!

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,045 Posts
Took my 02 Taurus to Ford to get oil change. My buddy did the work and he hooked me up with some awesome Shelby and BULLITT posters. I’ll be hanging them up this weekend. 🖖
View attachment 200652
I have the four of the 13/14 and actually have an extra of the one bottom, right already framed. Nice score!

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,804
Today was the Mrs. and my 10 year anniversary. We had hoped to take a nice trip, but that went to the garbage. So, I fired up the smoker and cooked some ribeyes for some cowboy nachos! To say they were good is an understatement.

20200522_173931.jpg
20200522_180057.jpg

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Today was the Mrs. and my 10 year anniversary. We had hoped to take a nice trip, but that went to the garbage. So, I fired up the smoker and cooked some ribeyes for some cowboy nachos! To say they were good is an understatement.

View attachment 200670 View attachment 200671
Nice. Today was our 21st. We just returned from dinner at the Charthouse on the river. Great food but service was the exact opposite of what we expected at 30% capacity.

·
Premium Member
4,340 Posts

Nice. Today was our 21st. We just returned from dinner at the Charthouse on the river. Great food but service was the exact opposite of what we expected at 30% capacity.
Happy Anniversary!

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,860 Posts
Walked some of the French Quarter in NOLA. Breakfast was Cafe Au Lait and Beignets at Cafe Du Monde at Jackson Square (their first day open since the start of the Covid lockdown).
Hardly anyone on the streets or parks.
95C0B406-B1F6-406C-88A8-2025FAA666FA.jpeg

2E412163-0426-4E59-8880-01CC8D421431.jpeg

CF672D0A-1543-4E9E-AEC8-970109EF6A97.jpeg

DDE975A8-7DF4-442F-A32E-601103E539C8.jpeg

C88B9670-EBDA-4914-AEB4-0233420B51F8.jpeg

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,315 Posts
Congratulations on your anniversary! Too bad you guys weren't able to go out somewhere special, like our home!! :D Just think, forty more years and you'll have caught up with Sharon and I! Give Amy a big hug from us! We miss that terrific smile!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,603 Posts

Congratulations guys... Happy Anniversary! 🎊

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
Went into work today and did a delivery for customer who prefers me than the gentleman who took my place as director of finance when I retired.

it felt good and most of the paperwork went fine and had no issues. I had been working 4 days a mth up until the virus hit. i quit going in due to my families concern of me catching something. It felt good to get back in the saddle again.

I come home and relax get into my garage and get the laptop fired up and I must have been on line for 5 minutes when out of the corner of my eye I saw something, so I turned and looked down to my right and at first I thought it was a big rat but than realized it was a baby possum and of course it proceeds to scoot in the garage where I lost eye contact.

First thing I did was pull my car our and my wifes out and I left mine running to create some heat in the motor.
I at one time had a mouse make my engine bay his home. VMP confirmed this when the engine was removed for the cam work. I definitly dont want that issue again. So I left both cars outside and the garage doors open and looked everywhere but no baby possum. I hope he scooted out the other side without me seeing him time will tell.

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue. 1962 Mercury Monterey Desert Frost 390/300hp
243 Posts
This week and thru the weekend I will be spending time honoring all my fallen Brothers, they will NEVER be forgotten.

(@03reptile ; Mike, You and yours' are not forgotten)

Ken
Sua Sponte
RLTW
Tomorrow I will be with the American Legion going to all the local cemeteries. I play TAPS after the gun salute. Been doing it 36 years now.

·
Premium Member
1,969 Posts
That made me laugh, Don! He's probably in the attic, where he returned to his mother and several other brothers and sisters! 🤣
Me and vermin ,, if it aint a mouse its a dam baby possum

How is yout GT350 treating you Michael ?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
My wife and I were just discussing what we were going to do next summer for vacation since our plans this year of going to Cancun were ruined. We’ll be empty nesters. We are thinking we’ll take 3 weeks to a month off and driving the Shelby all over the country. Starting with Shelbyfest at the beginning of May.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,860 Posts
Driving north through Alabama today. Stopped at the Rocket rest stop:
644F3B41-0EC6-4571-9D20-84B0EDFAEB71.jpeg

D142D2C8-E039-4751-B5AD-1E3F8C45CD2E.jpeg

A15AE4C9-13FD-4E84-9DC2-D2F889AB9758.jpeg

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
290 Posts

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Now your talking! What kind of smoker you using? I've had a Traeger since '98 or so. My wife wasn't too happy with my purchase of a smoker initially, but now that I can crank out pulled pork and briskets that would make you cry when eater due to how good they taste, she's come around. LOL

·
Registered
5,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,819
Congratulations on your anniversary!

Now your talking! What kind of smoker you using? I've had a Traeger since '98 or so. My wife wasn't too happy with my purchase of a smoker initially, but now that I can crank out pulled pork and briskets that would make you cry when eater due to how good they taste, she's come around. LOL
It's a Pit Boss Pro Series Duo. Half pellet, half propane. I love it.
20200515_171951.jpg

Ps.. thank you all for the anniversary wishes.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,315 Posts
Me and vermin ,, if it aint a mouse its a dam baby possum

How is yout GT350 treating you Michael ?
Just loving it! I have 6k on it! No issues and I got the new wheels and Michelin Cup 2's mounted/balanced on the car last Friday. Going out to try them today if the weather holds! Damn, those wheels/tires are heavy or maybe I'm getting too old??Nah, they're just heavy! It's an additional work out because the lug nuts have to be torqued to 150 PF !

10801 - 10820 of 10863 Posts