Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

10781 - 10800 of 10970 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
**GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY MY F350 DUALLY AND DIAMOND EYE

I think I can say that. Well today my exhaust showed up from Diamond eye for my F350 and it was a big undertaking but with youtube videos and all the right tools I thought I could do it.

Ever try and lift a F350 crew cab dually, 8 ft bed no less up off the ground with a 3 ton floor jack and jack stands?

NOT EASY MY FRIENDS

9 hrs later all thats on the truck is the down pipe from the turbo. The directions were not good , I couldnt get the pipes to fit and the clamps that came with the set wouldnt hold. I was however able to remove my stock exhaust so its gone and toast. Tomorrow I go looking for a professional muffler shop to get it done right

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
**GOT MY ASS HANDED TO ME BY MY F350 DUALLY AND DIAMOND EYE

I think I can say that. Well today my exhaust showed up from Diamond eye for my F350 and it was a big undertaking but with youtube videos and all the right tools I thought I could do it.

Ever try and lift a F350 crew cab dually, 8 ft bed no less up off the ground with a 3 ton floor jack and jack stands?

NOT EASY MY FRIENDS

9 hrs later all thats on the truck is the down pipe from the turbo. The directions were not good , I couldnt get the pipes to fit and the clamps that came with the set wouldnt hold. I was however able to remove my stock exhaust so its gone and toast. Tomorrow I go looking for a professional muffler shop to get it done right
thanks tim

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,346 Posts
thanks tim
You are experiencing realizations that have come to stay for me when it comes to repairs etc. to my cars! 😱 I give them a careful bit of scrutiny and make the decision whether it's more advisable to take on the repair or leave it to the technicians. I've had the benefit of watching my friend Lothar work on and restore vintage BMWs and have learned what my limitations have become due to age, decrepitude, and wisdom! I always consider the possibility that if I can't fix it, can I still get it to a repair facility? I've dodged a few bullets after watching a trained technician struggle with the problem. Then I just smile and pat myself on the back! Good luck, Don!

·
Premium Member
2,056 Posts
You are experiencing realizations that have come to stay for me when it comes to repairs etc. to my cars! 😱 I give them a careful bit of scrutiny and make the decision whether it's more advisable to take on the repair or leave it to the technicians. I've had the benefit of watching my friend Lothar work on and restore vintage BMWs and have learned what my limitations have become due to age, decrepitude, and wisdom! I always consider the possibility that if I can't fix it, can I still get it to a repair facility? I've dodged a few bullets after watching a trained technician struggle with the problem. Then I just smile and pat myself on the back! Good luck, Don!
this time Mike I’m getting it done correctly I’m at a exhaust facility getting everything welded
A4BBC921-0850-421E-BE91-C953C900386D.jpeg
and hooked up

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10,786

·
Premium Member
2014 Ruby Red Metallic w/White racing stripes
496 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
31,782 Posts
I tried several options on both my cars and have yet to find one that hasn’t been taken! Congrats, love it!
How about DaVader?

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
How about DaVader?
I had not thought of that. Clever
I have until Feb next year, but that would be fun. I have an 2005 QX56 I keep trying to get the “Falcon”, “MILFLCN” then on the Shelby I have looked at SITH, SITHLRD, DRKSIDE, ORDR#66, VADR501, EMPEROR, DRTHVDR, ADV TIE, TIEFYTR,

Things like that. I only like the baddies and then Solo and Chewie.

·
Registered
2013 Mustang GT Deep Impact Blue. 1962 Mercury Monterey Desert Frost 390/300hp
259 Posts
I have until Feb next year, but that would be fun. I have an 2005 QX56 I keep trying to get the “Falcon”, “MILFLCN” then on the Shelby I have looked at SITH, SITHLRD, DRKSIDE, ORDR#66, VADR501, EMPEROR, DRTHVDR, ADV TIE, TIEFYTR,

I’m trying to talk my son in law to get VADER for his 08 GT500.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,782 Posts
I keep trying to get the “Falcon”, “MILFLCN” then on the Shelby
All I see is “Clean MILF” with that one, which might actually be faster than the Millennium Falcon. 👠

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Well I married one, so I have that going for me.

I'll up the game. Huge Red Sox fan and Patriots (which is so much fun living in Indy) here and I had the idea of putting Green Monster on a license plate. I came up with GRNMSTR. Now, knowing the context it makes sense.

Well, my father-in-law who is a literal genius asked me why I was promoting my racism. I of course asked what he meant and he said, "Well your plate says Grand Master" and that refers to the KKK. Well, unfortunately south of me in a special place called Martinsville, IN...it used to be the center of the KKK in the midwest. So, I of course freaked out. I quickly did a google search and breathed a sigh of relief as it is Grand Dragon that is related to the KKK. Grand Master is a term for the one who rules the household. I let him know my findings and I said I guess it is true, I am the master of all that is in my home. He thought about it for a second and you could see the smile change into a less than happy face when he knew I was mentioning his baby girl. Good times.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
I’m trying to talk my son in law to get VADER for his 08 GT500.
View attachment 200611

That car is stunning. Not to be trite, but we LOVE halloween in my house and my wife just walked by and did a double take and said we should have gotten one like that. I said we can get a new one like it.

She just walked away.

I tried

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,875 Posts
The bus is heading from Houston to NOLA today. Stop at the friendly Cummins service center to check a turbo charger fault code. No driveability issues so it appears to just be a sensor ... 🙏
34B79B16-19A2-4010-8224-3A06C59A3BB7.jpeg

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
31,782 Posts
He thought about it for a second and you could see the smile change into a less than happy face when he knew I was mentioning his baby girl. Good times.
This cracked me up! :LOL::ROFLMAO:🤣

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
297 Posts

See, thats what sucks about Missouri. Six flipping letters is all they allow. So 90% of stuff that would work as 7 letters, goes down to about 2% that makes sense with only 6 letters....and pretty much all of those are already freaking taken.

·
Registered
2008 Vista Blue
297 Posts
Well I married one, so I have that going for me.

I'll up the game. Huge Red Sox fan and Patriots (which is so much fun living in Indy) here and I had the idea of putting Green Monster on a license plate. I came up with GRNMSTR. Now, knowing the context it makes sense.
When I first initially started running, I decided I needed to have an appropriate plate as well. Well of course I struggled with the whole 6 letter thing for quite some time....Finally, I decided since I couldnt have MARTHNR, I would do MRTHNR instead, assuming most would figure it out considering I had a 26.2 sticker on my back window.

Well, I get approved and finally receive them. I install them them on my truck and had them on for awhile and was fine with them. But one day after leaving the fire station and getting ready to head out for a run, I noticed that something on my plates didnt look right, so I walked over and bent down to take a look. Evidently a few of the guys on the crew had a little too much time on their hands, so they had evidently gotten some duct tape and cut a circle out and then put it between the first 'R' and the 'T'. So when you looked at it, it actually looked like 'MR.THNR', which translated to Mr. Thinner to all the guys at the station (they knew I always made comments about thin and physically active women when we would sit around and BS). I have no idea how long I drove around with my plates 'altered' like that, but I'm sure they laughed about it for days.

Freaking firemen....too much time on their hands to be trusted.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,875 Posts
Urban camping just outside the French Quarter in NOLA tonight.
4793C395-FBF4-4F78-AFB0-FCCC0178F9B3.jpeg

10781 - 10800 of 10970 Posts