Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

10341 - 10360 of 10368 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
Still trying to adjust back to MY time zone (5 hr difference from Hawaii)
Working remotely, teleconference meetings, email, phone calls, trying to stay PRODUCTIVE (since I am billing them LOL)
Here's a pic from Hawaii BEFORE the CRAZINESS ramped up...
OceanVodka3.jpeg

·
Registered
2011 Shelby GT500
210 Posts
Still trying to adjust back to MY time zone (5 hr difference from Hawaii)
Working remotely, teleconference meetings, email, phone calls, trying to stay PRODUCTIVE (since I am billing them LOL)
Here's a pic from Hawaii BEFORE the CRAZINESS ramped up...
View attachment 198248
Awesome!! Getting back to a normal schedule is very tough with such a big difference in time

·
Registered
2014 GT500 Coupe SGM " 1 of 1 "
3,081 Posts
03/26/2020
Went to the post office & bank, both places had taped markers on the floor, providing 6' of spacing..

·
Registered
2014 GT500 DIB/Satin Black TP/PP
121 Posts
03/26/2020
Went to the post office & bank, both places had taped markers on the floor, providing 6' of spacing..
That's been a thing for at least the last week and a half/2 weeks. I've been seeing them everywhere I go here.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
They had those on the floor in Maui at the ABC store.
Some morons would still get right up next to others in line.
I simply stood back until the line was empty / available.
Being over 60 myself, my wife and I are taking this [email protected] seriously, as SHOULD everyone!
Stay safe!

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
4,243 Posts
Of course the weak link in all that spacing in line is the eventual proximity to the person who is checking you out, the materials you are buying/mailing, and the counter at checkout. Hopefully none of the people who are helping people at the post office and other stores get infected without symptoms because they are in a prime spot to infect others.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
9,075 Posts
Of course the weak link in all that spacing in line is the eventual proximity to the person who is checking you out, the materials you are buying/mailing, and the counter at checkout. Hopefully none of the people who are helping people at the post office and other stores get infected without symptoms because they are in a prime spot to infect others.
Exactly!

·
Registered
47 Posts
They closed the Keys last night. Only residents with ID or re entry stickers and essential workers are allowed in..
We have 11 cases and they are mostly travel related.
It will be a good day to take the GT out as there is very little traffic
Lou

·
Registered
147 Posts
Did some engine bay detailing on the Mercury and GT. Old and new 390/5.0 View attachment 198270 View attachment 198271
I have done that as well. Interior leather treatment too. Got a set of these. Thought they look better than the stock mats. I just installed them and lay the originals over the top until I get to a cars and coffee, etc. keeps the new mats pristine.

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
I swapped my winter wheels/tires to my summer wheels and put a new set of Michelin 4s.
Still have an itch for a couple of different toys. One is in New York .. maybe that is a sign to just walk away for the time being.....

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
I swapped my winter wheels/tires to my summer wheels and put a new set of Michelin 4s.
Still have an itch for a couple of different toys. One is in New York .. maybe that is a sign to just walk away for the time being.....
Yeah, you might get more than you bargained for out of New York. I looked at the state numbers for the corona virus this morning, and NY was 6x more cases than the number two state.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,388 Posts
If I found a car I liked/needed, I wouldn’t let the current hysteria deter me from getting it.

Care to share what you are interested in Sean or is it too early to say...?

·
Premium Member
4,243 Posts
I can’t believe that you, of all people, would ask that question after the multiple dramatic reveals you’ve pulled!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
30,388 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,991 Posts
If I found a car I liked/needed, I wouldn’t let the current hysteria deter me from getting it.

Tim

It Isn’t a secret that I still would love to own a replica Shelby cobra. There is a backdraft cobra in farmingdale ny that has caught my eye.

My other two bucket cars are several multiples of that and given the current state of affairs, I will not pursue either of those at this time. The Optics of a purchase of that magnitude would be extremely tone deaf to say the least.

That being said I am still hesitant to purchase another impractical fun car at this time, even a replica cobra which is somewhat reasonable in cost (Similar to a 2020 GT500 non track pack car).

I don’t believe the market is going to experience a v shaped recovery. I suspect the democratic candidate will win in November and laws will change forcing a much more aggressive re-distribution of wealth than we have ever seen in our lifetime. My sense tells me this isn’t the time to act on buying high ticket toys. I am already blessed to have more than most.

For now I will watch and wait and hope like heck the fortunes for all Americans turn due north in the coming months. Then it will be a time to celebrate.

Sean

10341 - 10360 of 10368 Posts