Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

10121 - 10140 of 10197 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes, you can find it here:

I spent most of the day in my garage today working on getting it back to normal after the 7-month disaster in there. Grime was everywhere! It’s not quite done yet, but good progress was made today.

View attachment 196665

View attachment 196666
Amazing setup👍🏻.Idk I think you need a bigger garage Soon😜😉

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Yes, you can find it here:

I spent most of the day in my garage today working on getting it back to normal after the 7-month disaster in there. Grime was everywhere! It’s not quite done yet, but good progress was made today.

View attachment 196665

View attachment 196666
Tim, I know you have two tremendous boys, but good things come in 3’s and I am ripe for adoption.

How about a summer internship learning how to detail cars? Yeah bay-bee

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,804 Posts
Amazing setup👍🏻.Idk I think you need a bigger garage Soon😜😉
It was in the plans from day one when I designed the garage. The current setup is 40x40, but it’s on a 40x62 slab. Why 62...? Because my youngest son needed 22’ for a 3-point shot arc on the basketball court behind my garage. The court part of the slab already has anchors in the concrete for the future expansion. The wiring circuits were all put in place and terminate on the back wall so they would be buried under the spray foam insulation. Also, if you look at my pics on the previous page, you normally only put a heavy beam in the middle of a 40x40 building with lighter beams on the end. I put another heavy beam on the back wall to support and tie-in the extension. When the extension happens, I’ll leave the separating wall in place leaving just the people door to pass between sections. There will be a double garage door on the side with a second driveway. The garage sits on a corner lot so 2 driveways will work.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,939 Posts
It was in the plans from day one when I designed the garage. The current setup is 40x40, but it’s on a 40x62 slab. Why 62...? Because my youngest son needed 22’ for a 3-point shot arc on the basketball court behind my garage. The court part of the slab already has anchors in the concrete for the future expansion. The wiring circuits were all put in place and terminate on the back wall so they would be buried under the spray foam insulation. Also, if you look at my pics on the previous page, you normally only put a heavy beam in the middle of a 40x40 building with lighter beams on the end. I put another heavy beam on the back wall to support and tie-in the extension. When the extension happens, I’ll leave the separating wall in place leaving just the people door to pass between sections. There will be a double garage door on the side with a second driveway. The garage sits on a corner lot so 2 driveways will work.

View attachment 196669
Do you have a buyer for the two basketball backboards? I assume they will no longer be necessary once the addition is built. No, I'm not interested! :p

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
Do you have a buyer for the two basketball backboards? I assume they will no longer be necessary once the addition is built. No, I'm not interested! :p
Not quite yet. My boys still come home and use the court. We were on it this past weekend. When the time comes, I’ll sell the 3 goals and start the expansion project. I’ll then have empty spaces in the garage again! 😬

·
Super Moderator
5,045 Posts
Had a new Liftmaster garage door opener installed. While they were at it I had them replace the old metal rollers with new nylon rollers. Dang this thing is quite. Have to admit their app is pretty cool.
X2! I really like my Liftmaster. Definitely quiet and app is handy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
967 Posts
Had a new Liftmaster garage door opener installed. While they were at it I had them replace the old metal rollers with new nylon rollers. Dang this thing is quite. Have to admit their app is pretty cool.
I've had 4 of them since last summer and so far, so good. My first jack shaft type openers and yes, enjoying the WiFi connectivity as well.

·
Premium Member
4,231 Posts
I'll chase that squirrel... Do you all have high lift doors with the Liftmasters?
I do not on the double wide door. When I add a lift on the third side, we will change the tracks and add a side mount Liftmaster opener. They are steep in price.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
967 Posts
I'll chase that squirrel... Do you all have high lift doors with the Liftmasters?
Yes on the front three on my garage. On the house no.

·
Super Moderator
5,045 Posts
Oh, and here's a thread that talks lifts, high lift doors, etc.. in case you're considering any or all of that.

·
Registered
2011 GT500, Ingot Silver
1,731 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,804 Posts
10121 - 10140 of 10197 Posts