Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

9941 - 9960 of 10176 Posts

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
I just want if fixed right and insurance companies are all about fixing it cheap. I'm probably going to punt it to my insurance company, pay the deductible and call the shots. Here's my Google Earth recreation.. How could this be my fault?

shelby accident.jpg

·
Premium Member
5,969 Posts
I took a small rock to a running daytime led light on the front of my GTR. They had to pull the front clip and replace the light. Argh!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 Rapid Red/black 2011 Kona Blue/white
29,686 Posts
I just want if fixed right and insurance companies are all about fixing it cheap. I'm probably going to punt it to my insurance company, pay the deductible and call the shots. Here's my Google Earth recreation.. How could this be my fault?

View attachment 195958
If you were the car marked with the red X, looks like you had position on her and she hit you.

I took a small rock to a running daytime led light on the front of my GTR. They had to pull the front clip and replace the light. Argh!!
Did the front clip survive removal/reinstallation without any issues?

I spent most of the day and evening on my restoration project. I buttoned-up the brakes, bled them and got the wheels back on for the first time in about 7 months. I will probably put it on the ground tomorrow. It has lived on my lift since mid last summer.

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,917 Posts
Yes, private parking lots or public ones for that matter, are nightmares for police. Most departments have no jurisdiction unless the accident results in personal injury. From your picture, John, she had the obligation to stop to avoid colliding with you. In Md. it's called backing when unsafe to do so. You were in the travel portion of the road-way so she should have stopped to avoid colliding. It really doesn't matter, as the insurance companies will sort it out. Without an at fault citation from LE, it's a he said, she said; just like you said. Sure hope it gets fixed properly and I get to see it a Shelbyfest!!

·
#1 Mike!
2019 Shelby GT350
8,917 Posts
If you were the car marked with the red X, looks like you had position on her and she hit you.

View attachment 195959

Did the front clip survive removal/reinstallation without any issues?

I spent most of the day and evening on my restoration project. I buttoned-up the brakes, bled them and got the wheels back on for the first time in about 7 months. I will probably put it on the ground tomorrow. It has lived on my lift since mid last summer.
Tim, reference your project car, are there any root structures coming from the undercarriage? 😊

·
Registered
141 Posts
How could this be my fault?
Easy, you assumed the other drivers on the road weren't idiots.:mad: Sorry to hear about this, I'd be apoplectic if someone hit my car. When my wife asks me why I park far away from the unwashed masses no matter the inconvenience; I tell her because of unfortunate stories like yours. I'm with you on the repair as well...get it done your way.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,686 Posts
Worked on my bottom resto project and I’m happy to report that after 6 months of living in the air on my lift, the car is back on the ground as of today!

I still have a few items to do to include putting fluids back in the car and seeing if it will run! I also plan to do a paint polish/correction, but the end is near!

·
Premium Member
4,229 Posts
Had a good laugh the other day. I was on the road making sales calls and my wife called me. When I answered, she asked if there was something I needed to tell her. As any married man would do, I quickly thought through any recent purchases I had made. She new about garage art or random cleaning supplies. What could there be??? I told her nothing I could think of. She asked so why is there a car hauler at the end of the street with an orange Shelby on the end? That is when the panic set in. I’m pretty sure I had not been drinking and hit buy it now in an eBay listing. I told her that I had no idea but it sounds great!

Now I need to figure out where it’s new home is.

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
It's just a car, right? I came down with a pretty nasty cold earlier this week, so add that to this, it's sort of a low point for me. Spent the morning at my Godfather's funeral and played the insurance game/claim thing yesterday afternoon. Now to find the right body shop.

·
Registered
6,844 Posts
When it rains, it pours. My condolences on your godfather. I feel for you John, I know how sick I would be. I will pray for you, hope you get to feeling better, and will trust it’ll all work out well in the end.
Thank you. He would have been 89 in another few weeks, so I've been anticipating it for while. He was a month older than my Dad and he's been gone 6 years now.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
29,686 Posts
Had a good laugh the other day. I was on the road making sales calls and my wife called me. When I answered, she asked if there was something I needed to tell her. As any married man would do, I quickly thought through any recent purchases I had made. She new about garage art or random cleaning supplies. What could there be??? I told her nothing I could think of. She asked so why is there a car hauler at the end of the street with an orange Shelby on the end? That is when the panic set in. I’m pretty sure I had not been drinking and hit buy it now in an eBay listing. I told her that I had no idea but it sounds great!

Now I need to figure out where it’s new home is.

View attachment 195975 View attachment 195977
I could see this going down like this:

Wife: is there something you need to tell me?
Me (defensively): regarding what?
Wife: the new girl is here at the house!
Me: thinking about every beer I drank and every woman I’ve spoken to over the last couple years... WHAT?!?!
Wife: she is sexy!
Me: WHAT, WHAT, WHAT?!?!
Wife: are you “out with the old/in with the new” or are you just expanding your harem?
Me: picturing a 3-way and then doing a cost-assessment.
Wife: this one is curvy!
Me: picturing a 3-way minus the cost-assessment
Wife: where will she sleep?
Me: thinking in bed with us...?
Wife: is she getting any aftermarket parts?
Me: wondering how much a boob job is...?
Wife: I’m ok with this, just tell me in advance next time.
Me: ok honey, let me tell you about Brandi, Mandi, Lexi and Bambi!
Wife: what the hell are you talking about?!?!
Me: what the hell are YOU talking about?!?!

What we have here is a failure to communicate!

9941 - 9960 of 10176 Posts