Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
20761 - 20780 of 20881 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,796 Posts
Haven't felt good since Saturday.
Had an emergency appendectomy at 11 this morning.
I'm home and doing great but scary stuff.
Car work will slow down for a few weeks.
I'm feeling very lucky.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Well shit! Sorry to hear about the appendectomy. Hopefully you have a quick recovery.

·
Registered
2020 GT500, Shadow Black
161 Posts
Haven't felt good since Saturday.
Had an emergency appendectomy at 11 this morning.
I'm home and doing great but scary stuff.
Car work will slow down for a few weeks.
I'm feeling very lucky.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
I experienced the same back in 2018. Hauled me into the ER at midnight and then pulled it at 7:00 AM. I also had sepsis. The surgeon did a great job and I was already starting light workouts four weeks later. However, the long and heavy doses of antibiotics took their toll and I ended up with a condition called C-Diff. Nasty stuff. Basically all the gut bacteria that you need for digestion are killed off by the antibiotics and everything just passes through. At the worst point I was in the bathroom 15 times a day. I lost 20 pounds in under three weeks. The medication to fix it was four grand, but I went to the website of the company and they had a $3400 coupon. In the end, I paid out $250 for the meds and it was already kicking in the next day.

This all happened five days before I was supposed to be on a flight to China with my family. My brother in law who is a doctor in Beijing told me it was better that it happened while I was still stateside.

Within 6 months I was back to pulling 325 lbs. dead lifts.

Glad to hear you are already home. Just take it easy with the sit ups and squats for a while. :LOL: Just workout your right foot. ;)

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,796 Posts
Just ate waaaaay too much food! It was bueño!

Food Table Sink Kitchen sink Tap

·
Premium Member
2010 Shelby GT500 Kona Blue/Silver stripes
5,830 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,361 Posts
Weirdest looking Turkey that I’ve ever seen! 😋
Our turkeys moo 😂😂😂 somehow my kids and misses would rather have some Brisket than turkey 😎

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,796 Posts
Had some visitors come by to see the cars today. They got to see the “new kid,” who is not ready to be photographed.

Smile Car Tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,796 Posts

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,796 Posts
Caught a ride DFW-MEM then flew MEM-CLE-LCK. Sunrise in Columbus OH:

Sky Vehicle Aircraft Airplane Aerospace manufacturer

·
Registered
2021 GT500
443 Posts
Had 19 folks over our house, thankfully we didn't have to cook! Daughter is in the middle (son wasn't feeling well), my wife and I are on the left.

Smile Ceiling fan Couch Leisure Mechanical fan

Then hit up cars/coffee today and parked next to a mischievous purple (yes, looks black)

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky

Decent cars with a Huracan, but the highlight was this GT. Ridiculously decked out with carbon fiber and sounded amazing when he left...

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Enjoy the rest of the weekend fellas (and lady members)!!

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,796 Posts
Had 19 folks over our house, thankfully we didn't have to cook! Daughter is in the middle (son wasn't feeling well), my wife and I are on the left.

View attachment 254904

Then hit up cars/coffee today and parked next to a mischievous purple (yes, looks black)

View attachment 254906

Decent cars with a Huracan, but the highlight was this GT. Ridiculously decked out with carbon fiber and sounded amazing when he left...

View attachment 254907

Enjoy the rest of the weekend fellas (and lady members)!!
Nice pics Rick! Looks like a good gang.

For the rest of my planes/trains/automobiles day… got a few hours sleep in Columbus and just landed back in DFW courtesy of American Airlines.

20761 - 20780 of 20881 Posts