Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
20741 - 20760 of 20885 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,632 Posts
Hate to hear it wasn't the best of trips @KodiakMustang. Try to keep it in perspective... Nobody was hurt and fellowship was had!

We're really on the struggle bus at our house... The youngest (4 months old) has had a sickness of some sort the last 6 weeks (including diarrhea that had us in ER for 6 hours) and RSV (we believe) was up to bat starting last week. So, we've had to juggle working and caring for him at the same time (thank goodness we both WFH).

We were hoping he'd be better this week, but he's still hanging on to a "rattle in the chest" so daycare won't allow him to come in.

Holidays are always busy from running, so hopefully he can continue to get better and maybe have a sick-free experience for a while. Have to hand it to him... He's been a trooper through it all. The Mrs. could use a full-night's sleep though!

View attachment 254236
Worst thing to give to kids when they're sick is something that brings a fever down, like tylenol or aspirin/ibuprofen/aleve. The fever is the body killing whatever offending organism is there. As long as the temp stays under 103, it's all good. Over that, just dunk them in a cool bath for a little while.
Antibiotics are beyond useless cuz it's a virus. Especially ear infections.

·
Registered
2022 Base Heritage Edition, Tech and Handling Packages
320 Posts
Got home last night from my annual whitetail hunt, and it was one for the record books....not in a good way. In summary:
  • We had to chain up all our trucks on all four corners just to get to camp.
  • There was 15" of snow on the ground when we got their.
  • Higher elevations had more.
  • I couldn't get to any of my hunting spots.
  • The last spot I tried to get to almost put my truck over the bank edge because the road sloped the wrong way. After an hour of digging down to gravel through knee deep snow, I moved my truck out of trouble one foot at a time. Then I had to back down the wicked curvy road to get out! I am buying a new bumper and winch for my truck! Very glad to have my aggressive Cooper STT Pro tires on the truck. I removed my chains for the last four days, and I was able to drive around while some others still needed chains.
  • Wolves were in the area the whole time, and they were killing deer everywhere!
  • Morning temps the last five days were single digits with one morning greeting us at 2 degrees.
  • The extreme cold caused another hunter's 2012 F350 to go into limp mode and get stuck in 5th gear. Every attempt to fix it failed even after talking with his dealership. So he left camp early, and I towed his 24' car hauler loaded with all his gear down out of the mountains while he followed, and then I returned to continue the hunt.
  • For the first time ever, NOBODY shot a deer. I didn't even see a deer in 10 days. They migrated out due to the deep snow, cold temps, and the wolf rampage.
  • We consumed a lot of good camp food and drank plenty of beer and liquor each evening!
  • I didn't take many pics, but here's a couple.

Some beautiful country. Deer camp used to be a big deal, has kind of petered out as my parents generation has gotten older. And here in Michigan, going “up north” for deer season used to be a huge deal, roads were jammed and small towns full of hunters. Now the best bucks are mostly in suburbs and farm country. I bagged a respectable buck last night in the back yard, sure easy this way.
Sky Branch Plant Twig Tree

Fawn Terrestrial animal Grass Marsupial Snout

·
Premium Member
2022 GT500 HE
447 Posts
Some beautiful country. Deer camp used to be a big deal, has kind of petered out as my parents generation has gotten older. And here in Michigan, going “up north” for deer season used to be a huge deal, roads were jammed and small towns full of hunters. Now the best bucks are mostly in suburbs and farm country. I bagged a respectable buck last night in the back yard, sure easy this way. View attachment 254250
View attachment 254249
Good, healthy looking deer. I’ve spent a few very cold days in my stands, but after reading about @KodiakMustang tribulations I’ve had it pretty easy.

·
Premium Member
2007 GT500
5,724 Posts
Mike,
Sorry the trip wasn’t what you had planned. Glad you came through it okay. Always look forward to hearing about your hunting trips.

Nick,
Man that’s rough. Sorry the little man isn’t feeling well. We’ll have all of you in our thoughts.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
52,797 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,632 Posts
Just a typical Wed, but making sure everything is in line for tomorrow. Mom and sis are coming in tonight. I think the only thing I need to do tonight is get the turkey in the brine.
Was able to get extended release meds for Laika using GoodRx at the same price as the immediate release. So only have to give him his peanut butter twice a day instead of 3 times a day now.

·
Premium Member
2022 Code Orange GT500 N2959
148 Posts
Just a typical Wed, but making sure everything is in line for tomorrow. Mom and sis are coming in tonight. I think the only thing I need to do tonight is get the turkey in the brine.
Was able to get extended release meds for Laika using GoodRx at the same price as the immediate release. So only have to give him his peanut butter twice a day instead of 3 times a day now.
With ya Hawk. Got my Hickman line placed this morning at Hopkins. Right next to the metaport. All in place for next weeks transplant!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. May the best be with you and your families at this time of year.

·
Registered
2008 Shelby GT500
2,632 Posts
With ya Hawk. Got my Hickman line placed this morning at Hopkins. Right next to the metaport. All in place for next weeks transplant!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. May the best be with you and your families at this time of year.
All kinda good thoughts for ya next week.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,797 Posts
Turned my 4-cylinder key holder into a V8!

Font Toy Fashion accessory Carmine Fictional character

I have a problem…

Tire Wheel Toy Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Solved! Turns out the spark plugs used for this holder are vintage plugs. I found a box of matching plug on eBay.

Wood Font Bottle Grass Wall
Font Auto part Fashion accessory Jewellery Symbol

I still have some floor mat patches if anyone wants some… send me a PM.

Organism Gesture Font Grass Road surface

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
52,797 Posts
Just found these too:

Road surface Asphalt Motor vehicle Font Wall

·
Registered
2021 CFTP GT500 Race Red
64 Posts

Good luck this week Tony.
Happy Thanksgiving

·
Registered
2009 Alloy Metallic Gt500
305 Posts
Hung some new shop lights in the garage, put up all the exterior Christmas lights, helped the wife with the inside decorations and the tree. I’m pooped. Now it’s time to relax and watch some hockey.

·
Premium Member
1,145 Posts
Haven't felt good since Saturday.
Had an emergency appendectomy at 11 this morning.
I'm home and doing great but scary stuff.
Car work will slow down for a few weeks.
I'm feeling very lucky.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
Whatever you do, don’t sneeze 🤧
Hope you feel better soon.

20741 - 20760 of 20885 Posts