Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 GT500 HP Carbonized Metallic Gray
1,888 Posts
I took my 21 GT500 out today. Crossed the 1,000 miles on day 6 of ownership. I think I’m addicted but I don’t want to seek treatment. 😂

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
It’s the Friday night car meet for me my boy and our GT500. We went to look and got offered a spot. Didn’t take long for people to come running. My son on the right keeping a watchful eye on his inheritance.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Finished my second day of a three day trip driving my new GT500 home.
Here is a pic of it dirty this morning. View attachment 234047
I’m not a yellow guy but DANG that’s a sweet beast. How far you driving total? Looks great!

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Reactions: Goose17

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I’d be happy if that’s the new benchmark for used 2,300 mile cars….. I know where there are a couple for sale privately around $120,000. Going to flip it town 😂

• Haha
Reactions: blackcad55

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Ok I completely forgot to snap any pictures but I started about 0600.
1. Interior LED kit ✅ (could not find any socket for the glove box lite) there’s nothing in there I’ve been cheated.
2. Backup LED light ✅
3. Oil separator ✅ @Goose17 your videos on it was perfect and way better than the damn directions.
4. Steeda jacking rails ✅ unbelievable pain in the ass.
5. Steeda Cross member brace ✅
6. Steeda IRS brace (backordered)
7. Tossed the brisket on the Traeger ✅

Its 1430 and time for a cigar

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Busy day!
All the parts accumulated over last week and there was a break in the heat so I figured it might be today or in 6 months when it’s not 110+ every damn day.

I’m planning on the resonator delete and IRS braces when I can get a slot in an air conditioned rent a lift shop. I did everything today on jack stands.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
is numbers 5 and 6 really improve the overall handling of our GT500?
I used them both on my GT350 and they made a world of difference. I figured I’d give it a try on my GT500. So far the front brace is definitely doing it’s job because the back end is breaking loose way more often on my 15-20 minute ride. The IRS braces should stop the ass wanting to do donuts when I wanna go straight.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Which one do you use and how well do you think the protection works? I have been using polyurethane PPF for 4 years now, there are no chips, but there are small scratches.
I’m getting 1 Armor done Friday, they are owned by XPEL. I’ve used 3m before on others. What I like about XPEL is the 10 year warranty against peeling, yellowing and cracking. Especially important in AZ where the sun fades cars like a Cobra fades dodges and chevy on the track.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
It’s Shelby Sunday so me and my son checked out a couple dealerships that always have several Shelby’s for sale. Filled up 222 miles available and we only did about 80.
Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Vehicle Auto part

Car Gauge Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

Reactions: Kagey and Goose17

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Were there any interesting offers here?
Nope everything was way overpriced. Used GT350’s with 30k miles for $78,000. Extremely disappointing base GT500 $105,000 had 3k miles buy looked tore up from the floor up.

Reactions: DBII

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I washed mine because tomorrow I get 1 Armor PPF!! Yes I know the splitter is still a bit dirty, I focused on the areas that are getting film. Dust falls every moment of the dang day.
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Grille

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
PPF is done! Took 8 hours and based on my MPG going in and coming out they were playing with my pedal 🤬🤬🤬 no new miles or I’d have lost it.
Sky Car Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
….are you aware just how easy it is to disconnect the speedo/odo and drive it around without showing how many miles it WAS driven.... what do you think, the fuel just evaporated ???

guarantee they drove it !
Ken I hav a real time tracker on it. If the moved it outside the parameters I had set I would have been alerted. They couldn’t possibly know where the tracker is or how to disable it so, I’m sure they didn’t go crazy driving it. Only the MPG was changed hence why I knew they were playing pedal games with it.

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Washed the Beast and wifey’s Explorer ST. Love that Griots foam cannon!
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Tire Wheel Sky Plant Vehicle

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
I am completely ignorant on these foam cannon washers, but I've seen quite a few guys on here using them. Is the product so good that you foam up the car, let it sit for XX minutes, and rinse it off to a shiny clean vehicle underneath? My guess is you can't let the soapy foam dry prior to the rinse cycle. Give me an education.

I will turn 60 later this year, and as the years pass my back and other joints continue to worsen. I wash my car using the two bucket method, but honestly the washing of the lower areas kinda sucks. But, it's a labor of love to keep the car looking nice.
It’s literally that simple, I do a little pre wash to get anything like bird pooh off then foam it like crazy. After 5-10 minutes I wash it off including any that might have dried it reactivates and you’ll see bubbles. I use a Stanley small pressure washer for everything. Plug the cannon in and 4oz of bubble bath in the tank. Once it’s clean I use their drying cloth. Griots had a deal recently on the Cannon plus 2 bottles of wash and wax. I believe it was $80ish delivered after my Hagerty discount.

I follow up with the Sio2 ceramic coat spray wax every 3rd wash. I’ll use the speed shine the other two times. just gives that paint a sparkle. Those are optional and I do them because the dust doesn’t stick.

Reactions: KodiakMustang

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Hit up another Car show today in Phoenix we were entrant #352 and stuffed in a back corner where people didn’t come see us. We did see some cool cars amongst the lowriders.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
1,888 Posts
Just got home from the hospital after having a stent put in for a kidney stone.
Started Monday morning.
Got meds to help ‘pass’ the stone.
Pain was so bad Wednesday night went to ER and was admitted.
Discovered my heart rhythm was irregular which added another level of complication to , so the stent was scheduled to minimize hear risk and stop the pain.
Go to cardiologist next week to work on the heart problem. Follow up later for the kidney stones.
Currently no pain and everything is functioning AND I’m at home!
😎
Stay well Mike! I’ve been dealing with heart issues the last couple months and they aren’t fun.

• Sad
Reactions: blackcad55 and OMB
1 - 20 of 123 Posts