Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

What'd you do today?

1M views 29K replies 442 participants last post by  Hawkeye 
Wow! That's so pretty. I've never been a BMW fan but I love the look of this one.

Here's what I did today:

Bought a Gen ll, JLT123, cai, JLT passenger side oil separator, 56 lb injectors, VMP throttle body. Also bought the polished fuel rails from Billet pro shop. Hmmm...Shelbyfest is looking like a lot more fun now!!!:)

No Joe it's not to soon!

Clay he is gonna be real busy!!

I'm watching Fifty Shades of Grey tonight...whoo hoo!

Drove home from work in this crappy snow. Finally got my last engine cap in the mail after a month waiting for it. Got some other bling for the Shelby that all will see at Shelbyfest. Bought 2 Shelby lanyards. Now I'm sitting on my butt watching Hawaii 5O and seaching for some Shelby Tee shirts! Life is good!:)

Had kidney stones blasted yesterday...was spending day #2 home today collecting more fragments...as if yesterday wasn't enough;)
~Vito
Bless your heart. Hope you are feeling better soon. I have 3s stones in my left kidney, but they are too small to blast and they don't really bother me. Kind of like waiting for a bomb to go of though. As long as they don't move I'm good!

Worked my tail off today. At a Bob Seger concert tonight!
I love Bob Seger! Running Against the Wind..one of my favorites cause my life always feels this way!:)

Finally got the car running after months of being in pieces. Just some tweaking now.
Did you see BJ's response on your datalog thread? He wanted to know if you would be at Shelbyfest. He said he could do the datalog for you.

Paid the government an extra 5200.00...yuck! :(

Maybe passing the stones was not so bad after all...
I hear us! I already paid in a high 5 figures. I have 3 stones in my left kidney. I would gladly pass them instead!!

Hey guys, have any of you used a hand held steam cleaner to clean your engine bay? I have one, and I want to be sure the steam doesn't mess up somthing. I also want to try it on the wheels.

SuziQ I have one similar and wondered the same thing. I was hoping to use the steamer on the door jams and engine bay. A local detailer says they use a steam machine to clean thier client's engine bays. Look forward to seeing if anyone has used one.
I'm thinking as long as you don't use it around obvious electrical stuff we will be ok. My wheels are stock and actually easy to clean but for some with more intricate wheels I think this little gem would be a huge time saver. Mine has several attachments as well.

Suzi -

No, no, never, ever. Just don't. You'll have more gremlins in that thing than you know what to do with. PLEASE don't.
Ok, I won't use it. Thanks!

Water, steam, etc gets into electrical components, deteriorates seals, etc. You don't want this on a completely stock engine, much less one that modded as you'll be chasing a thousand incorrect things trying to find the problems it causes.

bj
Thanks I wasn't sure so glad you saw this.