Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all- wanted to start a thread to see what model year is your Shelby(s) and how many miles are currently on the odometer ? :)
Thought it would be nice to see who has driven there Shelby the most and who has driven it the least . :simmadown:
Comments welcome of course.:fight:

I'll start : 2007 / 21 :boohoo:

·
Registered
645 Posts
2007 / 12,997.9

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
2007 / 3,600

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
Took delivery 8-18-2006 around 7,000 miles and 6 states.So far original clutch and tranny.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
2007 / 2,600

(On 2nd tranny...maybe 3rd :flame: )

·
Registered
489 Posts
'07 - 10,200 or there about

SC, NC, VA, WV, OH, MI, GA, AL

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
GT500 in my garage 4/27/07 - 5327 miles all in TX so far :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi,
Received June 30, 2006 (with 17 miles on the odo). Put 4 miles on her (driving around the block a few times) last year. Tires went low/almost flat last week.:(

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hi,
Received June 30, 2006 (with 17 miles on the odo). Put 4 miles on her (driving around the block a few times) last year. Tires went low/almost flat last week.:(
Get out and drive her!!!!!

·
Registered
142 Posts
08 W/275 miles

·
Registered
101 Posts
2007 - picked up in September of 2006.

3,500 miles (1/2 of those from the Romeo trip :bigthumb: )

Can't wait for the snow to melt!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
got it 2-14-08 and got 1100 miles on it already

·
Registered
78 Posts
For some reason I get the impression that most of the folks on this board (not all, but most) bought their car as a keepsake or future collectible. I would also hazard to say those same folks were the ones who paid crazy ADM's just to put one in the garage.

While it's your money and you can do with it what you will, buying a car only to have it sit in the garage seems like a complete waste. If you wanted something collectible to put in your garage and only bring out 2-8 times a year, you would have been better off to buy a classic Mustang/Shelby as they already have an established value that should only continue to go north as the years go by.

I hate to say it, but I don't think the current generation of Shelby's will ever appreciate to the same levels as the originals and, even if they did, how many of you will still be around 40 years from now to see it happen? I'm not saying your car needs to be a daily driver, but come on, 4 miles in a year?! What's the point of having the car? IMHO, that doesn't even qualify you as an automobile enthusiast, it make you nothing more that a speculator.

Sure, a low mileage version of a car is going to bring more down the road than a higher mileage car of the same year/model, but let's be honest, if you were out looking to buy a 1965 GT350, would it really matter that much how many miles the car had on it as long as the vehicle was in good shape? To some, maybe, but to most, not really.

When we're all old and gray (I'm 41, BTW) I'll be out telling my grandchildren stories about driving my car and all the high/low's of doing so while many of you will only be able to go out into the garage and point to your car and entertain them with tales of how you sometimes drove around the block and indicate the car "still has the original tires on it." No thanks.

Just my .02

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm 41, too.

I put a little more than 4 miles a year on mine.

Oh, and I paid an ADM.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Sorry you got that impression. While I do drive my car in good weather I do take it on trips and to the track when I can .However I will not take it out in the winter especially when it's much below 40* as the tires won't perform safely and the salt on the roads will ruin it.

Most of us here have also moded our cars so we can have even more fun with them. Who said anything about them being a monitary investment for the future. I will probably never sell mine but you can be sure I will take real good care of it so I can enjoy it for a very long time to come..hope you will too.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts