Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

What were your odometer miles at delivery? (or Canadian km/equivalent)

• Between 1 - 2 miles

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • between 3 - 4 miles

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 5-6 mi.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • 7-8 mi.

Votes: 14 18.9%
  • 9-10 mi.

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • 11-12 mi.

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • 13-14 mi.

Votes: 4 5.4%
  • 15-16 mi.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • 17-18 mi.

• 19-20 mi.

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • 21-22 mi.

• 23-24 mi.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • 25-26 mi.

• 27-28 mi.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 29-30 mi.

• 31-32 mi.

• 33-34 mi.

• 35-36 mi.

• 37-40 mi.

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • More than 40 miles/ (65 km)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a distraction while I suffer the wait for my VIN...

Since oldimp was good enough to compile owners' vehicle info, I
thought it might also be interesting to see the bar graph of odometer miles at delivery for those here who bought their GT500 brand new. thanks all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
7.4 here...Dealer took it off the transport and put it on the showroom floor. It still had the "limited program" in effect, as I had no blower driving off the lot. I took it home and did the make ready myself, including removing all the plastic, etc. In fact, I still need to take it back for the inspection sticker!

·
Registered
300 Posts
2.1 miles. Dealer backed it off the transport and placed it in a service bay until I got there. I drove the PDI inspection with the mechanic.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keep 'em coming.....

So far, sample size = 31

Mean odometer reading: 11.75 miles

Median: 9.5 miles

Standard Deviation: 7.4

...anything to kill time waiting for my VIN :rolleyes: ... where's that Tommy gun?:cool:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GT500R..looking at your signature .... you have a 425-horsepower Volvo sedan? Holy swedish bikini team!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
GT500R..looking at your signature .... you have a 425-horsepower Volvo sedan? Holy swedish bikini team!!!!
yeah, that has been my car for 5 years, gone through 2 engines, 1 trans, couple turbos and now finally have a good set-up, dynoed 340 whp on a mustang dyno @ 23 psi on a automatic trans . . . . . . . .

funny part is the car is running flawlessly and now I decided to sell it and am in the process of finalizing a deal :mad: :(

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any new owners out there to add your original mileage into the mix? Thanks,
After this bump I swear I will quit hogging the board! :eek:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOT IT !!! 3.1 miles on the odo. God bless the dealer for not even thinking of joyriding.... went from truck to immediately tucked away in quiet corner of service building.

·
Registered
21 Posts
14.3 off the truck. Boost was engaged when I went to fill up. :mad:

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
14.3 off the truck. Boost was engaged when I went to fill up. :mad:
I think I'd be a bit miffed, to say the least. Did you notice any rubber in the rear wheel wells?

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I think I'd be a bit miffed, to say the least. Did you notice any rubber in the rear wheel wells?

This is not uncommon.It usually is disabled for about 5 miles.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
This is not uncommon.It usually is disabled for about 5 miles.
5 consecutive miles. Why would anyone between Ford and the dealer need to drive it 5 consecutive miles? The only positive explanation I can think of is if Ford drove it around as part of a quality inspection. Otherwise, I'm thinking someone took a little joy ride.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
5 consecutive miles. Why would anyone between Ford and the dealer need to drive it 5 consecutive miles? The only positive explanation I can think of is if Ford drove it around as part of a quality inspection. Otherwise, I'm thinking someone took a little joy ride.

One part of the quality test is to take it on the test track for squeaks and rattles.The track is 2.5 miles long.They usually do more than 1 lap.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
When I bought my Shelby it had 29 miles on it.I know, I put them on out at the track.

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
One part of the quality test is to take it on the test track for squeaks and rattles.The track is 2.5 miles long.They usually do more than 1 lap.
That makes sense, but it does bring up another question. If it's not uncommon for Ford to drive more than 5 miles during quality checks, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the valet tune? Isn't the valet tune there to keep people between Ford and you from taking it out for joy rides under full power? Seems to me Ford might want to think about extending the valet tune mileage.

·
Registered
46 Posts
My answer is a little tricky on this one, It arrived at the dealer with about 25 miles on it but I can account for 22 of those miles. I was lucky enough to see it at the factory before they shipped it and it had 2.1 miles on it. I was speaking to the Mustang Program/Engineering Manager when he offered to take it on a "Shakedown Run" prior to shipping. The shakedown run is 22 mile loop of various driving conditions. I'm glad he did, he found 2 problems with the car that were corrected prior to shipment.

JD

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
My answer is a little tricky on this one, It arrived at the dealer with about 25 miles on it but I can account for 22 of those miles. I was lucky enough to see it at the factory before they shipped it and it had 2.1 miles on it. I was speaking to the Mustang Program/Engineering Manager when he offered to take it on a "Shakedown Run" prior to shipping. The shakedown run is 22 mile loop of various driving conditions. I'm glad he did, he found 2 problems with the car that were corrected prior to shipment.

JD

That John,what a nice guy,eh?The mileage will vary from car to car.Sometimes they do a random audit sometimes a batch audit and sometimes they just ship.The more miles it has on it the more thorough the car has been checked.I would rather have 30 miles on it and not have to take it to the dealership than have 3 miles and have a couple of problems.You have to remember there have been 100's of robots and a couple 1000 people putting your $50,000 car together.You can't check the car thoroughly without driving it.That's my take.

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
That makes sense, but it does bring up another question. If it's not uncommon for Ford to drive more than 5 miles during quality checks, doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of the valet tune? Isn't the valet tune there to keep people between Ford and you from taking it out for joy rides under full power? Seems to me Ford might want to think about extending the valet tune mileage.

This is a valid point.I didn't want to get into this but ok.There is a computer at the very end of the Final line that checks the status and condition of your computers in your Shelby and disables the supercharger for 5 consecutive miles.When the Shelby is taken out on the track or an extended quality test is done the Shelby is suppose to be driven back inside the PDI dept. and get rescanned by the said computer to disable the supercharger again.If it is not done it is human error.There are ways to get around this also but I am not going to get into that.

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
6 off the truck, 8 when we picked it up. My so took it for gas while we were away. Smart alec kid:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Not really, he called me and asked if he could. ;) ;) ;)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts