Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What should I get first Pioneer AVIC Z1, Shelby Razor Chrome Rims with Nitto NT- 555, or the Pro Glass Shelby Hood?

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love the hood and the answer D

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
That's a tough question.

The hood seems like a great option. I am not sure what the Pioneer thing is, but I assume its a stereo related item.

I am somewhat reluctant to upgrade the car being the rarest of the group - Red Stripe Ed. on White- but since its my only car and everyday driver, I figure its never going to be a collectable car. (Hate to be morbid here but it would be a great coffin - something to take to the grave!)

Here is my planned upgrade path-

Stereo - Kicker 1000 is terrible - loud yes, but not in a good way.
I am getting a set of CDT Audio 3 way Speakers with upstage setup (4th tweeters !), and running on a JL Audio 300/4 amp bridged to 150x2 (Speakers are rated for 400watts RMS) www.woofersetc.com
debating on the the head unit, but will probably go with either a Alpine CDA 9887 (first choice), or an Eclipse CD7001, or a Blaupunkt Bremen MP76
For subs - a compromise with the JL Audio Stealthbox run off my JL Audio 500.1 amp.
Good news is I already have wife approval for this upgrade! Plus a Window Tint!

Next I think I will go see Justin at VMP for a JLT CAI + Pulley + Tune. Might not be until next Feb though...

After this, I plan to smoke the tires up! So naturally I'll need a new set of Nitto 305s - not sure which ones though - as a daily driver I see a fair amount of rain -also though I'd like to look at the (can't believe I'm actually typing it) BFGs.

Finally, I'd need to get a Stop-the-Wheel Hop Upgrade.

After A few months, and no speeding tickets - I'd like to upgrade the exhaust with headers to tailpipe - no CC - and maybe a re-tune.

Lastly, Laser Jammer, and Radar Detector, plus maybe some rear fill speakers.

Speaking of tickets though- any good stories?

Since I'm off topic - I think that I would select the hood over the other options.

TD

·
Registered
285 Posts
What should I get first Pioneer AVIC Z1, Shelby Razor Chrome Rims with Nitto NT- 555, or the Pro Glass Shelby Hood?
Well, being all about the performance, I would go with B) chrome wheels with the sticky ickies. Holeshotttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D

flipmo

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I picked the hood and I think after talking with Terry I'm glad I did. You can read the reason in the Thread Christine Nip & Tuck.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I ordered the DS first, I think the hood will be here first. Next Comes Long Tube Hedders and full exhuast then some sort of stop the hop kit then a CAI,Tune and Pulley.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I was thinking tires too.........

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is a thread talking about why I decided to get the hood. Plus this guy lives 25 minutes from me.

Just got off the phone with Terry from Pro Finish and scheduled my car to get a hood put on, planning on Sept 8 I can't wait. Hey BJ I m having the twist locks put on but Im doing the work on them so I can afford the hood. He wants a bit more okay alot more for him to do the pins again. So I thought I will do that work and use a guy I know to machine the pins. Also he said that he had talked with some company in Pennsylvania that wants to buy his mold. So it doesnt sound like Terry will be doing this hood to much longer at his place.

·
Registered
861 Posts
JJ, we Ohioans I see think alike.:cool: All about the PERFORMANCE.

flip
I will deal with the show later........I jsut want to go faster now.......I wish I had more money.......:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
That hood is way tempting. I was going to do the suspension next but after seeing that hood, I don't know. I think that hood would look mean as hell on a white with blue stripes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts