Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, I am new to the site and seriously looking at purchasing a gt500. I just recently sold my last car, a Honda S2000 and looking for some American muscle. My car tastes in the past have typically been more of the tuner car. I have been looking at both the '09s' and the 2010s and like both for different reasons. The 09 to me has a more traditional muscle car appearance while the 10 has a much more contemporary, almost European taste. The kicker, if I get an 09, I can keep my 2007 Kawasaki zx-10r motorcycle. If I get the 2010, my wife says the bike has to go, mostly for financial reasons. What do you guys think? Get the 10 or get the 09 and keep my other toy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I say get the 09 and keep the motorcycle. You'll have some American muscle and some rice on the side. :)

Believe me you'll regret getting rid of your motorcycle when you could've had a GT500 and your cycle.

I kind of had the same situation...let's just say now my Ducati has a buddy in the garage.

·
Registered
867 Posts
This sounds like a rhetorical question. Keep the bike!

·
Premium Member
1,416 Posts
The kicker, if I get an 09, I can keep my 2007 Kawasaki zx-10r motorcycle. If I get the 2010, my wife says the bike has to go, mostly for financial reasons. What do you guys think? Get the 10 or get the 09 and keep my other toy.
The third option is to get the '10, keep the bike and get rid of the wife! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Seriously though, I have two bikes, an '01 Harley Ultra and an '03 Honda GL1800 and since buying the Shelby neither has been out of the garage. :pimp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^I have done that before. Get rid of a bike to get a car and buy a new bike 6 months down the road. I think my wife is on to me now. It's a tough decision though.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Buy the wife flowers and dinner maybe a piece of jewlery get a 2010 and keep the bike.
Lisa says, and this from a woman, you need to buy the jewelry, put it in the glove box, and ask her to hand you the owners manual! Keep the bike, get the '10? (personally i like the '09's)

·
Registered
411 Posts
Hello Everyone, I am new to the site and seriously looking at purchasing a gt500. I just recently sold my last car, a Honda S2000 and looking for some American muscle. My car tastes in the past have typically been more of the tuner car. I have been looking at both the '09s' and the 2010s and like both for different reasons. The 09 to me has a more traditional muscle car appearance while the 10 has a much more contemporary, almost European taste. The kicker, if I get an 09, I can keep my 2007 Kawasaki zx-10r motorcycle. If I get the 2010, my wife says the bike has to go, mostly for financial reasons. What do you guys think? Get the 10 or get the 09 and keep my other toy.
Easy call, if you can save a ton of money on a new 2009 (6k-8k), it is the way to go. All things equal, the 2010 model is the preferred choice.

·
Premium Member
367 Posts
Get rid of the bike and do a 2010... I love mine. Not that there is anything wrong with bikes OR the 07-09 Vintage of GT500's.
But I had a bike before, and let me tell you you'll be dusting it regularly while you're not driving your Shelby.

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,951 Posts
I"m about ready to sell my bike, because I LOVE to drive, I don't love to ride... I do prefer the 09 style though. Sell the bike and use it for mod money :).

·
Registered
238 Posts
either way your ending up with a shelby gt500....lifes rough! haha, If you dont think the bike is that important and you aren't stoked to ride it often, sell it and use for mod money like you said.

personally, I would get the 2010, keep the bike, throw some nice jewelry in the glove box like someone suggested.....everyone is happy. If the wife is still iffy about the bike....I guess get rid of it and turn your beast into an absolute monster.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Priorities people. Best of both worlds in my opinion. Keep the bike and buy a 08 or 09.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts