Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2021 GT500 Race Red
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So just wondering what everyone did with their stock exhaust, i.e headers, mid pipe, mufflers, and tipsyou guys upgraded to aftermarket. Just trying to figure out if they are worth selling or did you guys save them or get rid of them. Thanks in advance

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
I never sell stock parts, but I have room to store them. Either you or a subsequent owner will want the original parts at some point.

·
Registered
2022 GT500 CTFP
40 Posts
I never sell stock parts, but I have room to store them. Either you or a subsequent owner will want the original parts at some point.
Same here, I never sell stock parts.

Also, if you do decide to sell in the future, you would have a better time selling the car stock than modded. On top of that, you can sell the aftermarket parts easily and a mods don't add value to a car.

·
Premium Member
2012 & 2021 GT500 strippers
9,176 Posts
It's not like you can break it down and ship somewhere either. It's all one piece. I hate selling things on Craigs list. Have you seen the creatures that come to look at your stuff??? If you don't have room to store it, you might try to suspend it from the ceiling of the garage or other storage location. And yes, I do know how heavy it is.

·
Registered
2013 GT500
196 Posts
Keep it in the attic or somewhere to have on hand.

·
Moderator/Admin Dude!
2020 CFTP Red! 2011 Kona Blue
43,873 Posts
My stock exhaust is sitting in the shed and annoying the heck out of my wife.
Tell her having the exhaust in the shed and her in the bed is better than the alternative.

·
Registered
2018 GT350
3,060 Posts
Not really sure they're useable on other models, so not sure they would be good for anyone not using them to put their own car back to stock.

Reactions: AZ21GT500

·
Registered
2008 725 Super Snake
5,138 Posts
With the over zealous green effort going on in our country and the possibility that a state could elect a Governor who is over zealous green (and start state emissions testing), I would not get rid of my 50 state emissions compliant exhaust (or CAI) as long as I own the car.

There are plenty of owners looking for oem exhaust parts because their car will not pass emissions inspection with exhaust mods they have..........

No pass emissions inspection means no current/legal registration/license plate.............it is that simple.

I live in Florida, we have no emissions inspection.............BUT We Did when I moved here in 1981, so things can always change in a state with the next state elections..

R

·
Super Moderator
2,922 Posts
Awesome thanks for all the feedback guys, and as I don’t ever intend on selling this car after the 1200hp build, you guys are right, just in case, I’ll hold onto everything. Thanks again
1200hp WOW that’s going to shred some tires!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts