Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Going to be in Florida next week. Boca Raton area.

Any suggestions on auto related things to do?

(I haven't started the search yet).

Tour of VMP is on the list if I can get up there, but BJ doesn't know that yet. :)

TIA

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'll be here until 6/30 if you want to meet up and grab a bite?

When do you get in? There is some Miami Mustang Meets this weekend.

-Pierce

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
Florida is a good place to rent a new Mustang convertible and cruise around with the top down for a day or so.......you get to experience the newer body/interior, see how they drive, and if you don't already own a ragtop....that's always fun!! (and usually at a pretty reasonable price).

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be here until 6/30 if you want to meet up and grab a bite?

When do you get in? There is some Miami Mustang Meets this weekend.

-Pierce
Thanks Pierce. I get in on the 27th. I'm with the family, so I have to manouver car "meets" appropriately, if you know what I mean. Post up any meets, if you can; I would appreciate it....never know when we're going to take a drive.

Florida is a good place to rent a new Mustang convertible and cruise around with the top down for a day or so.......you get to experience the newer body/interior, see how they drive, and if you don't already own a ragtop....that's always fun!! (and usually at a pretty reasonable price).
Great idea. I had a 91 LX 5.0 ragtop for a couple of years and loved it. I'm toying with the idea of a Wrangler. I think the kids (10 and 13) will get a kick out of it. (Although I'm debating how I deal with the roof....i.e. where do I stash it.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
Great idea. I had a 91 LX 5.0 ragtop for a couple of years and loved it. I'm toying with the idea of a Wrangler. I think the kids (10 and 13) will get a kick out of it. (Although I'm debating how I deal with the roof....i.e. where do I stash it.[/QUOTE]

I would rent a jeep if I was you, they are pretty good, lots off room & the soft top is easy to re~re.

I recently bought a Jeep Sahara unlimited, added a soft top/lift/wheels & exhaust, I really like it.

Colin

·
Registered
2007 Performance White / Vista Blue Stripes
819 Posts
Hey all,

Going to be in Florida next week. Boca Raton area.

Any suggestions on auto related things to do?

(I haven't started the search yet).

Tour of VMP is on the list if I can get up there, but BJ doesn't know that yet. :)

TIA
You could go check out Steeda and also visit Van @ Revan Racing.

·
Premium Member
4,422 Posts
Boca is a great destination! Have fun!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys.

Had a great time in Florida. Being with the family, I didn't do ANY car related stuff. Made it into South Beach, but mostly spent the time on the beach.

Wrangler was fun too, Colin. Although damn expensive to rent. Had a red Sahara Unlimited with 1857 miles on it.

I convinced my wife and kids to help take the roof off for one of the evenings....amazing that 8 torx screws and the thing is off. One thing I really didn't get to test was it's handling over rough roads. You guys in Florida have NO idea how super smooth all your roads are compared to the roads we have to deal with in places with snow. ;)

Maybe only ONE GT500 sighting...one. Where are all you guys?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you ever come down I 75 near Tampa it's about 5 minutes from my house, give me a call. I just got back from Mosport a few weeks ago...

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you ever come down I 75 near Tampa it's about 5 minutes from my house, give me a call. I just got back from Mosport a few weeks ago...
Thank you...that's very kind of you.

Ironically enough, I missed a "Mustangs At Mosport" Day (July 4th) while I was in Florida.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts