Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which red top optima battery fits better? The 34/78 or 35 series? This is for a 12 GT500. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,258 Posts
I know someone posted not too long ago Optima was going to have a battery soon that will fit and provided a link but, at the time, it wasn’t available yet.

Reactions: Calico Shelby

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know someone posted not too long ago Optima was going to have a battery soon that will fit and provided a link but, at the time, it wasn’t available yet.
thanks, i'll see if I can search and find that thread.

·
Registered
2014 Shelby GT500 2013 F150 SVT Raptor
1,258 Posts
If you scroll down there's a pic of his new battery. 96R-600

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you scroll down there's a pic of his new battery. 96R-600

Interesting, I was able to get the 35 series redtop optima to fit. It was a little taller than the stock battery, but i was able to adjust the cables accordingly to make it fit. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Interesting, I was able to get the 35 series redtop optima to fit. It was a little taller than the stock battery, but i was able to adjust the cables accordingly to make it fit. Thanks for the info!
How much taller is the 35 series battery than stock? Any pictures of the battery installed? Thanks!!!

·
Premium Member
2008 Vapor/Black Coupe
1,953 Posts
From what I remember Zee, the Optima was about an inch taller. My main fear was it shorting against the hood in an accident or even somebody stupid sitting on it (this happened on another forum). That said, I ran it for 8 years or so, but when Odyssey finally made an AGM that fit, it was a no brainer to me. The bigger Optima did have slightly better specs though.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much taller is the 35 series battery than stock? Any pictures of the battery installed? Thanks!!!
I'll get you a pic tomorrow, but it definitely fit. I had to pull the positive battery cable wire a bit, but the negative cable fit with no issue. If I remember correctly, the Optima is an inch or so taller than oem.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the optima 34r I bought a aftermarket battery tray from lethal that allowed me to run the bigger 1000cca battery.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts