Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I'm still undecided what SC I want to upgrade to. I'm looking at all the information out there, Jared from Lethal, Justin from VPM, Evo's website. Alot of different factors to consider. I haven't talked to anybody who didn't rave about the KB 2.8, however the Brace cannot be installed back w/o mod. Price seems moderate to high, kit is complete though. I really like the FORD TVS, good price, can use the brace or upgraded one, warranty (Conditional) may not deliver the performance of the KB or Whipple(Extreme)however. Then the Whipples, not much info out about the 2.9, we are all still waiting to see some hard demos or numbers on it, Then the Big Boy 3.4, no questioning the power or how efficient the performance, price is pretty good compared to the others. Then there is the dilemma of changing the hood or installing the $500.00 kit to change suspension Geometry to make it fit. Many other plus and minuses to each system that haven't been mentioned.

What's everyone planning on upgrading to or post your positives or negatives you like about the SC you have? :D

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Wow, I'm still undecided what SC I want to upgrade to. I'm looking at all the information out there, Jared from Lethal, Justin from VPM, Evo's website. Alot of different factors to consider. I haven't talked to anybody who didn't rave about the KB 2.8, however the Brace cannot be installed back w/o mod. Price seems moderate to high, kit is complete though. I really like the FORD TVS, good price, can use the brace or upgraded one, warranty (Conditional) may not deliver the performance of the KB or Whipple(Extreme)however. Then the Whipples, not much info out about the 2.9, we are all still waiting to see some hard demos or numbers on it, Then the Big Boy 3.4, no questioning the power or how efficient the performance, price is pretty good compared to the others. Then there is the dilemma of changing the hood or installing the $500.00 kit to change suspension Geometry to make it fit. Many other plus and minuses to each system that haven't been mentioned.

What's everyone planning on upgrading to or post your positives or negatives you like about the SC you have? :D
I've pretty much decided on the 3.4 Whipple. I'm waiting to see info on the 2.9. I already have the hood for the 3.4.

Cal

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm going with the 2.3 TVS with a 2.7 pulley and new balancer. I'm having it B&B and P&P with the stock TB. If we don't get the hp we are looking for, we will upgrade the TB. Also having the heads P&P with new valves and spring and GT high lift cams. Upgrading the heat exchanger and going with 3" Kooks LTH/exhaust system. This should hold me over till phase II is built next winter. If the Whipple 2.9 was available, that would have been my first choice.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
TVS, probably stage II. I think 650 RWHP is pushing the motor enough for me.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
...just don't quote me on that next year.:D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I'm going with the 2.3 TVS with a 2.7 pulley and new balancer. I'm having it B&B and P&P with the stock TB. If we don't get the hp we are looking for, we will upgrade the TB. Also having the heads P&P with new valves and spring and GT high lift cams. Upgrading the heat exchanger and going with 3" Kooks LTH/exhaust system. This should hold me over till phase II is built next winter. If the Whipple 2.9 was available, that would have been my first choice.
Sounds like a good plan to me.Wow A lot of work to the engine though. It will be interesting to see the results from the head work and cams compared to others using the same combo but without the P+P and GT cams.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Sounds like a good plan to me.Wow A lot of work to the engine though. It will be interesting to see the results from the head work and cams compared to others using the same combo but without the P+P and GT cams.
I wanted the blower to fit under the stock brace. Once it's back together I'll list the rest of the mods with pictures.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hope you'll photo the install and post for us, when the TVS goes on.:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
3.4L all the way! No need to look at anything else. We want the best and that's exactly what we'll get.

Jared
Jared are you still going with the susp kit or are you considering the Hood swap? Haven't seen much feedback reference the 3.4 with using the kit. Will the car still ride the same?, different motor mounts causing vibration? Does require diff fuel rails & injectors or stock can be used & tuned? Many questions I'm sure are out there. You Whipple guys chime in any feedback.:cool:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Also having the heads P&P with new valves and spring and GT high lift cams.
Are you considering a solid lifter kit? You can bump the redline to 7500 rpm, I believe, over the hydraulic lifters limit of 6300 to 6500.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Are you considering a solid lifter kit? You can bump the redline to 7500 rpm, I believe, over the hydraulic lifters limit of 6300 to 6500.

Just a thought.
Don't think the stock rods could handle anything over 6300 for very long.

·
Registered
341 Posts

Just a thought.
With Over Head cam engines they do not have “lifters” as the Cams ride right on top of the rockers. As for the rods, I guess we'll find out once it's back together.

·
Registered
96 Posts
3.4 Whipple

·
Registered
2,768 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
With Over Head cam engines they do not have “lifters” as the Cams ride right on top of the rockers. As for the rods, I guess we'll find out once it's back together.
I'm sure my memory is responsible for that. Maybe it was a solid rocker kit. In any event, it was a product that was at the 2006 SEMA show. One of our new members was there and brought it up somewhere else. I thought I had the page bookmarked, but I don't.

When I find it, I'll post a link.

***EDIT***

Thanks to a friend, I have the link to the company I was thinking of.

BLE Products

1 - 20 of 29 Posts