Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you had a choice to put different options on your car what would they be?

My first would be Power passenger seat.:flame:

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I didn't get to pick my options.

I'd have gone with the same, as I got, but the Sat radio option would've been nice. WOuld have liked the HID but mine is an 07

I might have deleted the Shaker 1000, just to save some cash since I am going to get the stereo replaced (this will be my next big mod I think). Finally got all the parts and components picked out and priced, an installer set up, and just need to gather the $$ and get a replacement car for the week it'g going to take to do it right. On paper, it sounds like it'll be a killer system, and one reason why I don't want to go with any louder exhaust upgrades (even though I hate the stock sound).

TD

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
Radio controls on the steering wheel (volume, station change etc).

Power passenger seat.

Factory installed different rear gears.

HID headlights (not avail on 07's).

Larger factory wheel/tire options.

Over the top stripe option on 2007 verts (not just special editions).

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Radio controls on the steering wheel (volume, station change etc).

Power passenger seat.

Factory installed different rear gears.

HID headlights (not avail on 07's).

Larger factory wheel/tire options.

Over the top stripe option on 2007 verts (not just special editions).
These are all options that Ford could have made available very easy if they really wanted to.
except ( with all the laws concerning gas mileage the gears might not have been doable ) I can only imagine what the gas guzzler tax would be if this car came with 410's:notsigned:

·
Registered
662 Posts
Afterburner!:cheers:

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
These are all options that Ford could have made available very easy if they really wanted to.
Yep - I know. Surprised that some were even avail on standard Mustang GT's, but not the GT500. :flame:

except ( with all the laws concerning gas mileage the gears might not have been doable ) I can only imagine what the gas guzzler tax would be if this car came with 410's:notsigned:
I'd guess that was the main reason... but we could always hope. Then wouldn't have to worry about the doofus working on the gear swap screwing it up for 2 weeks (sorry Rick).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I would have liked to see a temp read out on the mirror. Seems like they put in the power and all why not allow for temp? Then i know when my tires are going to be really spinning out there :)

Also I would have liked the stock boost gauge and shift light to be a bit better (bigger & easier to read & Brighter for the light)

I'd love to have some other guages factory too but most of what i wanted to change has been addressed. I'm still thinking HID fog lamps would be nice to match the head lights but that's not urgent at this point.

functional Factory roll bar would be cool :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts