1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
5w-50 Full Synthetic Motorcraft $$$$$$$

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I've read that Motocraft and Castrol are the only Companys that make it.

Cal

·
Registered
471 Posts
Read the Thread on Oil do a search and you will find more info.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I've read that Motocraft and Castrol are the only Companys that make it.

Cal

I don't think Castrol is approved yet:confused: I think the other is Trop-Arctic.Use the search button and you will find:cool:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not trying to steal the thread, but no one has changed their brand of oil or weight? Everyone staying with the Ford recommended brew? Maybe this is something you don't want to confess.

Just Wondering.

flip

·
Registered
471 Posts
I'm staying with Motorcraft.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I'm staying with Motorcraft.
Me too. Got a case of it sitting in my garage.

I should probably put it in my safe since the stuff is so expensive. :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
By the way BearCat97, welcome to the board. Have fun man!

flip

Thanks flipmo!

I have been posting and reading to the forums for a short time now. As for cars, I am living vicariously though my father-in-law who has a GT500. I read and get information from the forums and tell my father-in-law. :D

He also has a restored '67 Mustang Fastback next to his '07 GT500 in the garage. :cool:

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
Me too. Got a case of it sitting in my garage.

I should probably put it in my safe since the stuff is so expensive. :D
Prez. Where did you buy your oil from and how much$

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Prez. Where did you buy your oil from and how much$
I bought it from my local dealership. $125/case including tax. I'm still looking for a cheaper place, but all the dealerships around here are about the same.

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
I bought it from my local dealership. $125/case including tax. I'm still looking for a cheaper place, but all the dealerships around here are about the same.
I took mine to the local dealership yesterday for an oil change and the total was $78.80. $68.00 of the bill was for just the oil (7 quarts):eek: . The rest was labor and shop supplies. I was expecting around $100.00.

I wanted a record of them changing the oil there (for warranty purposes). They (including the service manager) had no clue the car has the Evolution Stage II.:rolleyes: :D I didn't tell them either.:rolleyes:

For the extra $10.80 it's not worth me doing it. But if we can get the oil alot cheaper it may be.

They were even nice enough to let me take the extra 1/2 quart home:D:p

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I paid $63.00 for 7 qts.Christmas is comming I'll have to put this on my list.lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
This is what some magazines call the Enzo factor but lets face we knew that these cars weren't going to be cheap to begin with, I don't mind paying for maintenance since I know thats what is going to keep my baby running for a long time

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
So far we have...

$68.00 for 7 qts. => $9.71/qt.
$63.00 for 7 qts. => $9.00/qt.
$125 per case => $10.41/qt. (~$9.64 excluding sales tax)

Pretty consistent. Doesn't look like I'm going to find oil for much cheaper. :(

·
Registered
6 Posts
i use castrol syntec. easier to find and doesn't cost as much as "ford's" oil. (ford doesn't manufacture oil btw... they buy it and label it as motocraft) @ about $5.00 qt, only runs you about $35 to change the oil... and for about $10 you can buy one of the top of the line filters ... i use the k&n filter. so runs me about $45 to do it myself with a higher quality oil filter.

castrol meets the requirements of our engines. i think its the "sl" or the "sm" rating... but it meets both.

SAE 5W-50:
Provides the widest range of protection available. SAE 5W-50 delivers exceptional cold temperature pumpability for rapid oil circulation at start-up and provides a thick oil film for ultimate wear protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SM, SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; Ford WSS-M2C931-A and the engine protection requirements of GM 4718M, ILSAC GF-4 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
i use castrol syntec. easier to find and doesn't cost as much as "ford's" oil. (ford doesn't manufacture oil btw... they buy it and label it as motocraft) @ about $5.00 qt, only runs you about $35 to change the oil... and for about $10 you can buy one of the top of the line filters ... i use the k&n filter. so runs me about $45 to do it myself with a higher quality oil filter.

castrol meets the requirements of our engines. i think its the "sl" or the "sm" rating... but it meets both.

SAE 5W-50:
Provides the widest range of protection available. SAE 5W-50 delivers exceptional cold temperature pumpability for rapid oil circulation at start-up and provides a thick oil film for ultimate wear protection. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SM, SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4; Ford WSS-M2C931-A and the engine protection requirements of GM 4718M, ILSAC GF-4 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.

Well we have been down this road before.I use synthetic oil in all my cars but syntec doesn't meet Ford requirements.It might get approved later this year but not yet.Ford Ford WSS-M2C931-A is not approved but Ford WSS-M2C931-B is approved.If you do a search Trop-arctic is the only other version that is approved.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Not to brag but I bought my oil at the dealer last year for $95.00 a case they had to rder it in. You just have to complain about the price and see if they will sale it to you cheaper.:)

1 - 20 of 65 Posts