Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
What mufflers/axelbacks are used on the GT500KR?

Thanks.
The KR mufflers have Ford Racing stamped on them but they do not look like any current offerings on the FRPP web site. They are round like the M-5230-SGT but they have different exhaust tips on them like those on the Bullitt mufflers (M-5230-GTB). The KR also uses an H-pipe instead of the X-pipe used on the GT500.

·
Premium Member
865 Posts
Wonder why an H-pipe rather than the X-pipe? The Vettes have H-pipes and we used to always cut them out and weld in X-pipes.

·
Registered
483 Posts
My only thought is Mustangs always ran h-pipes prior to this generation...maybe trying to keep the old school theme with the KR??

·
Registered
235 Posts
The exhaust note sounds different with an H-pipe. Maybe that's why they went with H.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Exhaust tone. I'm getting ready to switch to an H-pipe on my GT500. I hate the raspy sound of an x-pipe and I'm not going to miss a couple of HP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The exhaust note sounds different with an H-pipe. Maybe that's why they went with H.
Sources deep inside a SoCal exhaust manufacturer (who shall remain nameless) report that the KR mufflers are the same Ford Racing mufflers that don't pass CAL sound levels (I don't have the nomenclature at hand) but with Bullet Tips. Together with the H-pipe, the combo lowers the sound to 1 decibel below that allowed under California law. Some have said that Shelby does something special to them, but no, they just bolt them on. Or so I am told.

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
Sources deep inside a SoCal exhaust manufacturer (who shall remain nameless) report that the KR mufflers are the same Ford Racing mufflers that don't pass CAL sound levels (I don't have the nomenclature at hand) but with Bullet Tips. Together with the H-pipe, the combo lowers the sound to 1 decibel below that allowed under California law. Some have said that Shelby does something special to them, but no, they just bolt them on. Or so I am told.

They look like my 5GTs (not CA approved) with different tips. As for the part number question on the other post, it looks like a BOI part number. I've bought a number of things from them and they're a class act.

bj

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
check this out kr exhaust for sale at blue oval. can anyone verify this please. i thought any kr part u have to tell them ur vin number or something. thanks in advance if anyone know about the below.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/products.php?pid=99013360

ex1810 - is that a sai part number, or just a blue oval number, does anyone know?
BOI must have just put those on the site today. I checked at noon and they weren't there at the time. Those look like the KR mufflers to me. I wonder how they will sound with the GT500's X-pipe vs the KR's H-pipe?

Glad to see some of the KR parts becoming available for purchase.

·
Registered
63 Posts
just check the boi site, is still there and in fact, they posted another imagine stating that it is the same kr exhaust.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/shared/Editor/assets/5230krc1.jpg

i am getting these if it can be verified. my local dealer has not gotten their kr's yet but i'll take a look under there when its in the dealership.

can someone on this board take a trip to a dealership that has a kr in stock and verify this please?

·
Registered
4 Posts
just check the boi site, is still there and in fact, they posted another imagine stating that it is the same kr exhaust.

http://www.blueovalindustries.com/shared/Editor/assets/5230krc1.jpg

i am getting these if it can be verified. my local dealer has not gotten their kr's yet but i'll take a look under there when its in the dealership.

can someone on this board take a trip to a dealership that has a kr in stock and verify this please?
OK. I posted these on TS after I crawled under a KR at the Ford dealer today and Amy removed them and closed the thread. The mufflers on the Blue Oval site look identical to the KR mufflers. I don't know what is going on, but I think we should be able to make an informed decision on this matter without censorship.

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
thank u much s7ms. to me these are da same.

maybe amy doesnt want people to clone or try to clone any of the kr or ss since they made it. funny as for our gt500, we also have a shelby badge but nobody give a crap, anybody will sell anything when it comes to the reg gt500. anycase thats another topic.

sometime i feel for that guy clutch cause i thought freedom of speech is what we have but i guess every forum has its owners and they can dictate what u can say or no. sorry not trying to be all aclu on it but its true. she can simply delete the pics of boi so ts dont have other vendors complete with them. but let the discussion go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm glad I was able to find some sheep who have strayed from the fold. We supplied the KR mufflers to Blue Oval. When I told Amy that she was wrong she removed all of the posts.
There's another post where immediately after saying BOI asked her to end the post she locked it out.
Ever heard the saying "If you tell one lie you'll have to tell more to cover it up"?
That is one ridiculous message forum. I'll post my message here.
I have to wonder why I'm even going to waste this time of my life but here goes. You are WRONG to tell these forum members that these are not GT500KR mufflers. These are the SAME parts you are installing in LasVegas.
We've been at this for well over 20 years. First it was Dario from Steeda claiming that the 16" CSA 5 spoke wheels from Australia saying that our wheels for half the price of his were not the same when they were.
I won't even get into the issues with Saleen during the decade we did business with them.
Then you came along and told people that the "Powered by Ford" emblems we sold weren't real either and got FRPP to put them on lockdown. We probably should thank you for that one. The first 100 sets brought $39 pr. After your intervention they brought 10 times that.
That brings us to today. In a little under 12 hours during the middle of the night we were able to sell 10 sets of KR500 mufflers and tailpipes for $599. That made 10 people extremely happy and now concerned because if you are correct then they just got taken to the cleaners. Luckily for them you are WRONG and they are getting what they wanted.
Now for the sad part. The next buyers are going to get the same part but are going to have the privilege of paying at least $100 more. We guess we should be thanking you again.
I guess the only people who are getting screwed probably don't even realize it. We might as well start towards the top. The salaried Ford employees who will lose most or all of there medical and pension benefits if the company doesn't make a turn around. I realize that FRPP by itself cannot save the company but every dollar helps.
Next up would be the muffler company that could be selling MORE. Then there's the truck drivers that bring the mufflers to FRPP. Now the box company that makes the white box is losing out. A little less work for the warehouse employees who box them up. Then there's Ebay who's not going to get any listing fees or commission. We won't worry about them though because they're already billionaires.
Let's get on to UPS. The drivers there won't have the pleasure of delivering the white boxes to the awaiting GT500 owners. But with DHL giving up and becoming UPS's newest "Customer" I guess we can't worry about them either. I'm sure the list goes on and on.
But wait! There are some winners Corsa,SLP,Pypes etc. They're probably more than happy to fulfill the demand.
From reading some of your other replies I guess I should prepare for you to question my manhood but like I've said, in over 20 years of this I've become used to that.
We await your apology for accusing us of selling fraudulent parts.
A forum members pictures were immediately removed that verified everything.

·
Registered
63 Posts
well i guess in the world of ts, she can say whatever she wants cause they own it. but we all know that people (consumers) just want the truth so we don't get screwed.

i personally enjoy everyones comments, whether i agree or not. we america thats y!

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm glad I was able to find some sheep who have strayed from the fold. We supplied the KR mufflers to Blue Oval. When I told Amy that she was wrong she removed all of the posts.
There's another post where immediately after saying BOI asked her to end the post she locked it out.
Ever heard the saying "If you tell one lie you'll have to tell more to cover it up"?
Is Amy in Nevada or Washington DC, cuz it sounds like she took a page out of the Fed's book of humor :)

1 - 20 of 86 Posts