Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08' and I am looking to put on the FRPP TVS real soon.. I am just wondering what other mods are necessary before the install of the unit?? My car is basically stock with about 50 miles on it... So is there anything in particular that has to be done prior to or directly afterwards besides a tune even though I could go with the FRPP tune that it comes with but definitely would like to get a tune from Justin over at VMP.. But besides that anything I need to do right away or could I wait ??? I will probably keep the stock 3" pulley for now unless I can get that one off and swap to the 2.6 and then get the custom tune... But as far as anything else I might need to do like gears, exhaust, or anything else.. Any and all of your feedback would be greatly appreciated.... Thanks, Lee

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
One piece drive shaft.

LCA/UCA or you'll have mega-wheelhop.

Larger intercooler radiator so you control the heatsoak - no more HP, just won't lose as much when you run hard.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Joe's a techie.:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On the UCA/LCA which are the best to get without having problems... There is so much on this topic that can make you head spin... Anyone have the solution to no clunking or problems... I want to install these and be done... Not have to reinstall others... Also what 1-pc drive shaft should I go with ??? any recommendations???

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
On the UCA/LCA which are the best to get without having problems... There is so much on this topic that can make you head spin... Anyone have the solution to no clunking or problems... I want to install these and be done... Not have to reinstall others... Also what 1-pc drive shaft should I go with ??? any recommendations???

I have the BMR LCA's and the J&M UCA.

If I was to do it all over today I would buy the J&M UCA and LCA's.

They are available at http://www.hotpart.com/

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Hard to say which UCA is the best tough call. The important thing is to be sure the bolts are torqued properly with loctite.

I think the Steeda or Evolution ( one in the same ) have been trouble free and very good quality.

http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_15&products_id=233

The 3.5 " Aluminum DS from Evo is a quality piece
http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_34&products_id=232

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
George, please clear your PM's.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are the UCA/LCA something that can be done at home no prob or do I have to take it in to get done??? Also can anyone else think of anything that I might have to have done prior to installing or directly after installing the TVS??? I just do not want to waste money installing stuff I do not need...also is gearing a must?? 3.73's or can I wait till later....??
so LCA/UCA (1), 1-PC driveshaft (2), Heat exchanger (3)....
anything else ???? Thanks alot guys for your help....

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Are the UCA/LCA something that can be done at home no prob or do I have to take it in to get done??? Also can anyone else think of anything that I might have to have done prior to installing or directly after installing the TVS??? I just do not want to waste money installing stuff I do not need...also is gearing a must?? 3.73's or can I wait till later....??
so LCA/UCA (1), 1-PC driveshaft (2), Heat exchanger (3)....

I did my UCA and LCA at home, how mechanically inclined are you??

...one more thing, stickier tires.:D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pretty good mechanically inclined... I was looking to install the TVS myself after seeing SVTBIRD's detailed posts.... Do you need any special tools or the basic tools is ok ???

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Are the UCA/LCA something that can be done at home no prob or do I have to take it in to get done??? Also can anyone else think of anything that I might have to have done prior to installing or directly after installing the TVS??? I just do not want to waste money installing stuff I do not need...also is gearing a must?? 3.73's or can I wait till later....??so LCA/UCA (1), 1-PC driveshaft (2), Heat exchanger (3)....
I would wait on the gears especially if you go with the TVS. IMO the 331 would be better to stay with.

The Upper CA is the most difficult one to change. It would be better done on a lift with the proper jacks ect.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Registered
3,077 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
I have BMR UCA and Evo LCA and 1 piece Dyna-Tech aluminum DS.No issues.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Any other input ????

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good one TexasShelby.... lmao

·
Registered
21 Posts
The suspension mods several posters mentioned would be best.....FWIW I have only put in H & R rear springs (Levels the car). I have NOT had any hop since under all sorts of driving including drag sessions. Lots of wheelspin with the stock tires.(Set 2 about shot):) :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts