Ford Shelby GT500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1127 Posts

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to see where a couple of forum members stood on getting their Shelby and it wasn't as easy I would have thought! I know some of us are really close to getting theirs and others are awaiting VINs or on Material Hold or whatever. If you could update us on this thread, we could just look for your most current post here to see what the latest is on your car!

After a bunch of us get them, we can start another thread with the delivery dates!

I'm bored!

·
Banned
70 Posts
All I have been able to get from my dealer is the vin#1ZVHT88S475225076. They have said it would deliver this week but now they wont say. I have checked my vin against some others and there seems to be a difference in the letters, maybe they sold me a Ford 500 for 10k over msrp. very depressing week for me.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hello Oldimp,I'm still eating humble pie. I have yet to receive VIN. It seems I sould invest the monies I gathered up for my SHELBY and buy a 6 month CD.
Put me in the dreamer/ fantasy column or the sucker deposit column. You all will be the first to know when I get my VIN. If I was to tell anyone else, they may tilt there head and give me the have you been drinking look. I know what that look is, I get it all the time:)

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Still on material hold with no vin#. :mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Still on material hold, no vin

·
Registered
257 Posts
The Super Moderator has informed me that my car was built yesterday!! Its a GREAT feeling knowing I now have a complete Shelby sitting somewhere gathering chicken-shit...next stop, the stripe shop??

·
Premium Member
3,724 Posts
ShelbyWise said:
The Super Moderator has informed me that my car was built yesterday!! Its a GREAT feeling knowing I now have a complete Shelby sitting somewhere gathering chicken-shit...next stop, the stripe shop??

Just for the hell of it can we change your handle to VNMOUS2.It would be more appropriate.LOL.

·
Registered
29 Posts
iam still on the roller coaster and very dizzy.i dont know where she is the stripe shop, the pigeon coup, on the train, on the truck or just lost. it is definetely not at the dealer

·
Registered
171 Posts
My dealer told me yesterday that it could still be next month or more til I get scheduled since all the SVT and presidents need to get built 1st. I bet I won't get it til the end of the year if then. Since I am getting it for 200 under MSRP I can wait a little longer since I've wanted one since I saw one in '67. I saw one in a dealership today that sold to someone in Mexico over e-bay for $69995.00.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here is my info.

2007 GT500 - Ebony Black w/ White Stripes
Order Date - 4/11/06
Received VIN - 7/22/06
Scheduled to be built - this week
Estimated deliver date - 8/28/06 - we shall see due to the backlog with striping

Aldy

·
Premium Member
11,035 Posts
07 SHELBY said:
Just for the hell of it can we change your handle to VNMOUS2.It would be more appropriate.LOL.
hey...i am lurking but can't really post. on a treo but glad to know you didn't forget about me.

bj

·
Registered
153 Posts
$200 Under MSRP?...Where can I sign up?........
My status is that I still do not have a VIN.
That meanes I am with LOOK N GO in the dreamer/ fantasy column or the sucker deposit column. ...............................
$200 Under MSRP...........You are definitely buying dinner when we all meet in the future.

·
Premium Member
866 Posts
I am not holding my breath, but according to the dealer should have it before the end of the month. Mine is build (Thank you 07 Shelby for the great news) so now just wait for the phone call. Believe it or not I am not that stressed about it... a few months ago it was killing me.. I was a strong member of the "I want my Shelby Now Club" but now just letting time go by. People at work ask "When you getting your car" my answer is sometime this year and than I walk away. Hopefully will get more pumped about it when I know the dealer has it... I feel like I am missing the fire inside like I use to have...maybe just burned out on it so now I am numb :(

·
Registered
27 Posts
I bought mine from a dealer in Washington state to be dropped shipped to my dealer here in California. My California dealer tells me it'll be here Aug 18th but the selling dealer in Washington says he doesn't have a vin or invoice yet. So, who knows? The number 1 guy there got his car a week ago so I'm confirmed for the next one.

According to Ford rumors they are likely coming out soon with a cheaper GT350 available to the public. We'll know more next week. If this happens I suspect it'll take a lot of pressure off GT500 sales and start pushing the price down closer to MSRP for the 500. Does anyone agree with my logic or am I off base? The longer I wait the more reluctant I am to pay a $10,000 premium over MSRP for this car. That's my dilemma.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I still am worried that my dealer will honor the $200 under MSRP, but I do have it in writing. I think you are right about the premiums coming down. I had to look long and hard to find my dealer and because he isn't a high volume dealer I wiil have a long wait. It is at least giving me plenty of tiime to hear all the good and bad from everyone on this site. I really appreciate being a part of it. I am reconsidering my stripes and the sirius radio(because of the antenna). The car I saw today had white stripes and I know painted ones would look 100% better.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine is;
Red with white stripes
Interior upgrade,red inserts
Shaker 1000
Fully loaded
Released from plant today, Dont know if that means going for stripes or waiting for shipping.Dealer day for arrival 8/17. But I can't see it making it here by then. Just got to wait

·
Banned
70 Posts
Barcelona said:
I bought mine from a dealer in Washington state to be dropped shipped to my dealer here in California. My California dealer tells me it'll be here Aug 18th but the selling dealer in Washington says he doesn't have a vin or invoice yet. So, who knows? The number 1 guy there got his car a week ago so I'm confirmed for the next one.

According to Ford rumors they are likely coming out soon with a cheaper GT350 available to the public. We'll know more next week. If this happens I suspect it'll take a lot of pressure off GT500 sales and start pushing the price down closer to MSRP for the 500. Does anyone agree with my logic or am I off base? The longer I wait the more reluctant I am to pay a $10,000 premium over MSRP for this car. That's my dilemma.
the dealers must have all got together on the 10k over msrp. think the rumor about the gt350 is probably the shelby gt that they just announced yesterday. you can view it at stangsunleashed.com. its a 325 hp consumer version of the new hurst gt "rent a racer"

·
Banned
70 Posts
I wouldnt get too caught up in the svt, presidents award dealers getting their cars first guys. I have a dealer 7 miles from me who is neither and has already got one gt500 and has 2 more coming and my brothers dealer is both a svt and a presidents and hasnt recieved the first car

·
Registered
888 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Jbahoffman said:
Here's my info---

GT 500 Coupe Grabber Orange/White stripes
Interior upgrade

3/13/2006---Date Ordered

Still no vin!!!!!!!!!:mad:
Did you get a copy of the dealer order, or maybe a copy of the DORA? I think you can take the order number and call the Ford Customer Service number and possibly get a little more information than you have. But, I wouldn't count on any ETDs they give you as being accurate.

I am wondering what priority code your dealership gave you. Mine gave me a 10 and the other guy that ordered his on the same day got a lower priority (higher number) but, I don't know what it was. I know that the Ford Rep told my dealership that they could expect their second car in Oct-Nov time frame. If your priority is higher than 10, you might expect a similar date.

If you don't have copies of these two documents, see if your dealership will give them to you.

1 - 20 of 1127 Posts